Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hotel 186!
Last Post 01 Apr 2012 08:07 AM by meganred. 124 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 5 << < 12345 > >>
Author Messages
kycoastguarddadandmom

--
14 Feb 2012 07:30 AM
I will be glad when its over. He only had 12 days to prepare. His ship date was moved up from march 27 to feb 7th. He did train every day until he left. I just hope he was prepared and i see all this stuff about kids getting defferred and i worry about that. We already purchased plane tickets and we are actuallly flying thru Boston cause it was cheaper. The drive isnt bad either.
kycoastguarddadandmom

--
14 Feb 2012 07:41 AM
OOps I meant we are flying into Baltimore.
john72863

--
15 Feb 2012 01:43 PM
Well to all you folks awaiting info on Hotel 186 looks like a new conpamy poped up on new recruits , Golf 186 We are getting closer to Hotel 186 gotta be comming soon.
dollbaby1961

--
16 Feb 2012 05:02 PM
New to this myself,received my letter with his address. Started writing the same day.
Why isnt March 30th sooner? I know they are doing fine, I am having the hard time.
kycoastguarddadandmom

--
16 Feb 2012 05:24 PM

Posted By dollbaby1961 on 16 Feb 2012 06:02 PM
New to this myself,received my letter with his address. Started writing the same day.
Why isnt March 30th sooner? I know they are doing fine, I am having the hard time.

welcome, what kin do you have in hotel 186? my wife and i use same id, we have our son in this company. we are hoping to get a letter soon but not counting on it as he isnt much of a writer. we are hoping their facebook page gets added soon as well but the recruiter said some of the company commanders arent big on it so to not count on there being one. im sure the time will pass quickly and they will be graduating before we know it.
kycoastguarddadandmom

--
16 Feb 2012 05:34 PM
http://m.facebook.com/home.php?sk=g...ef=m_notif

found the facebook link. all though i hope folks still use this forum as their is more info and i am not a big facebook fan, i just hear they may post pics n stuff on facebook.
kycoastguarddadandmom

--
16 Feb 2012 05:44 PM
sorry, dont mean to be a post hog here, but we just got a personal letter from our son. yeahh !! short and sweet but still great to hear from him, i was shocked they let em write so quick and that he wrote. go check your mailboxes.
Bverian

--
16 Feb 2012 05:47 PM
Congradulations on the letter!!! I am SO jealous!!!! I feel like i've been waiting forever :\ did your letter come with the letter saying his company or was it sent alone???!!! I want a letter!!!! LOL
kycoastguarddadandmom

--
16 Feb 2012 05:52 PM

Posted By Bverian on 16 Feb 2012 06:47 PM
Congradulations on the letter!!! I am SO jealous!!!! I feel like i've been waiting forever :\ did your letter come with the letter saying his company or was it sent alone???!!! I want a letter!!!! LOL

it was by itself, it was postmarked the 14th and we are in ky. we got our other correspondence on monday of this week but that was just from the commander with address info. hope you get yours very soon.
Bverian

--
16 Feb 2012 05:59 PM
oh man I'm only an hour north of cape may so oh well!! hopefully next week one will come
kycoastguarddadandmom

--
16 Feb 2012 06:05 PM
sorry bverian, maybe you will get one even sooner. we will say a prayer you do.
Bverian

--
16 Feb 2012 07:36 PM
Thank you, i appreciate it !!!
john72863

--
17 Feb 2012 01:57 PM
Well we received a letter also but it was basic were to write and a little info from the company nothing really direct from my son
meganred

--
17 Feb 2012 04:09 PM
I got a postcard today and he gave me the address and it's a little different from what was posted on here and the USCG website and what I've been sending letters to.
He said:
SR (his name)
H-186 James Hall
02 Deck
1 Munro Ave.
USCG Tracen
Cape May, NJ 08204

The one I was sending it to didn't include "02 Deck" part.

So are both okay?
john72863

--
17 Feb 2012 06:42 PM
Not sure about the 02 deck the address he sent the first time did not meantion anything about that.
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
17 Feb 2012 09:22 PM
The 02 Deck isn't necessary and they may not remain on the 2nd deck for their tenure in Cape May.
Sector NY, Staten Island
meganred

--
18 Feb 2012 06:03 AM
Phew! Thank you!
Jonsdad

--
19 Feb 2012 12:39 PM
I don't know about anyone else but sending these letters and not hearing anything back is very weird. We just keep writing though. Keeping it light and happy.
kycoastguarddadandmom

--
21 Feb 2012 03:52 PM
38 days left. hope to get a journal post soon.
john72863

--
21 Feb 2012 05:22 PM
Lol you will go nuts if you count down thw days
john72863

--
21 Feb 2012 07:00 PM
Ok everyone i have been following some of the other companys. Foxtrot meantion that hotel 186 is right be hind them and they are no long the new kids on the block. some of the things they wrote on there jounals was positive so look there for the mean time it will give you an idea what are boys are doing and girls if you have one in training
Bverian

--
21 Feb 2012 07:37 PM
jounals tomorrow? fingers crossed everyone! 37 days! yay finally the 30's!
Bverian

--
21 Feb 2012 07:37 PM
journals*
john72863

--
22 Feb 2012 07:57 AM
Ok Ok The journal is in there is seval days as to whats been going on sounds good so far
Bverian

--
22 Feb 2012 08:31 AM
The journals graduation date sayd 4/7/2012.... Is that wrong or have we all been wrong??
kycoastguarddadandmom

--
22 Feb 2012 08:35 AM

Posted By Bverian on 22 Feb 2012 09:31 AM
The journals graduation date sayd 4/7/2012.... Is that wrong or have we all been wrong??

now it says the 6th, wonder what up? hope its wrong , we already got our tickets.
Bverian

--
22 Feb 2012 08:38 AM
Oh no! I have a feeling it was common error! so don't stress
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
22 Feb 2012 12:10 PM
Are your recruits in Hotel-186??? Their graduation date is March 30th. Not April at all.

Here is the link to the CG official website... http://www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/recr...ations.asp

I have been waiting for them to put up the next class, India-186. They would have started Feb 14th and their graduation is April 6th.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Jonsdad

--
22 Feb 2012 08:52 PM
How great is it to read the first journal entries?! I read them hearing my son's voice as if he's writing to me and it is so encouraging. I have never been more proud of anyone in my entire life. My boy is truly becoming a man. How cool is that?
kycoastguarddadandmom

--
23 Feb 2012 08:05 AM
i know how you feel, instant forgiveness for all the imature things they did leading up to this. in reading some of the other company's post that werent so good, it really seems hotel is a great unit together. i sense they are all working as a team and have bought in to the program.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 5 << < 12345 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement