Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
life in between end of bootcamp and a-school
Last Post 12 Feb 2012 07:19 AM by skitdu671. 5 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
skitdu671

--
11 Feb 2012 01:11 AM
    I have my dates set up for boot camp and fs a-school, I was just wondering what happens after graduating boot camp. Do I get leave and how much? what about after a-school?
    planning on getting married right after boot camp while my family will be together.
    how does it work? we submit our certificate to where? how does the processing go?
    doing a court wedding, hopefully in VA and save of for a traditional wedding in the near future.
    Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain. ~ Mark Twain
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    11 Feb 2012 10:07 AM
    You will get the standard 5 days of leave before you have to travel to Petaluma. The travel time will depend on your mode of travel, and that will be handled while you are in basic training. You will then report to Petaluma. If your school doesn't start for a few weeks, you will be assigned to work for the MAA, doing various duties. After A school you will have earned more leave, so you SHOULD be able to take some then. It really depends on how quickly your next unit needs you to report. If you get married after boot camp, you will need to submit your marriage certificate along with your spouse's birth certificate and social to the personnel people at Petaluma when you get there. Please understand that your spouse will not go with you to Petaluma because you will only be there temporarily. Your spouse will be able to move with you after A school though.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    skitdu671

--
    11 Feb 2012 12:50 PM
    Thank you,
    I do understand she cant come with me, i just want to have all the paperwork before i leave to a-school. so ill minus all the travel time, ill have 3 days to get married after boot camp.
    Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain. ~ Mark Twain
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Feb 2012 07:34 PM
    Check your states laws on marriage licenses... You might have to get it before you leave for boot if there is a wait time, you might not be able to get it done in time. Also, don't get your licenses too early, some states the license is only good for 30 days and you'll be gone for longer than that! So please just be sure to check the laws on marriage licenses! Every state is a bit different.
    USCGC Midgett
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    12 Feb 2012 12:52 AM
    http://www.vdh.state.va.us/vital_re.../marry.htm

There is no waiting period in VA for marriage liscenes. Since that was the state you mentioned wanting a formal wedding in, I assume that's where you are.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    skitdu671

--
    12 Feb 2012 07:19 AM
    Thank you,
    And no I am joining out of Hawaii but my family is moving to VA So I was thinking of doing it there and my gf will come out and see me graduate and her family meet us in VA and we do it there, immediate family only. I just want to make sure I can do it in the little time I'll have. Im swearing in on the 27th this month, leaving for boot camp April 24 and my FS a-school starts July 22. I'm pushing myself to run as much as possible and do as much s/u and p/u but I know the swim test is gona kick my behind.
    Challenge accepted.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement