Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Foxtrot 186
Last Post 04 Mar 2012 06:48 PM by KD. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
dadbear

--
18 Feb 2012 09:02 PM
    Didn't see a thread for my son's graduating company, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling. The letter I received today said he's a no risk for reversion (barring injury, of course), so I feel pretty safe in posting now.
    dadbear

--
    18 Feb 2012 10:37 PM
    Copying this from my post in the "Families" section...

Just got the first letter to Mom & Dad today! Understandably, his first few weeks' letters went to his beautiful bride, and she was gracious enough to share the redacted versions with us (i.e., mushy stuff removed).

It sounds as if Foxtrot 186 got off to a rough start, and reversions and discharges have already taken place so things are improving. It does a parent's heart good to hear some positive words, though I'm still wondering why there was no weekly journal posting on the web site this week. Maybe the journalist got reverted?

I guess the best way to a recruit's heart is through his stomach. My son went on and on in his letter about the food - he absolutely LOVES it! In his words, "The food is still amazing. Imagine: waffles, chocolate milk, blueberry pancakes, eggs, burritos, tilapia, swai (fish), PBJ, meatball sandwiches, enchiladas, chicken cooked a million different ways, and loads of vegetables." And he topped it off with, "Mom, I'm eating at least 3 servings of vegetables a day."
    dadbear

--
    20 Feb 2012 08:40 PM
    For those who have not yet found it, if you're on Facebook then search for "USCG Foxtrot 186" - there is a group specifically dedicated to our Coasties! Like this board it's all about the families sharing with each other. You'll need to request to be a member by FB messaging one of the group admins and letting them know which recruit you're attached to. LOTS of good information.
    House07

--
    21 Feb 2012 11:42 PM
    I got a letter the 16th from my boyfriend that said to wait to buy plane tickets and that his best day yet was his day in the ward for strep. However, the mail was late that day and earlier me and his family sat down and found the one flight that would be perfect for us, some of his family lives in the Virgin Islands. Well. We bought the tickets. Clearly he needed to get this to me 3 hours earlier. LOL!

His letter also seemed to have not been sent when he said it would be. He told me to call his mom and that he'd write her a letter next week. Well, I called and she also received a letter that day. Maybe he just was able to mail her earlier than he anticipated?

I'm relieved to hear that they're at least eating well!
    House07

--
    23 Feb 2012 06:01 AM
    They finally updated the journal entry yesterday!
    House07

--
    01 Mar 2012 07:47 AM
    cheshires

--
    04 Mar 2012 09:06 AM
    I'm still not finding the FB Group for Foxtrot 186. Is there one? My son is in F 186.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    04 Mar 2012 06:48 PM
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/323940687619507/

Try the above. Search anything USCG or Coast Guard, to find lots of good information and support groups on FB. Plenty of chat and pictures too. There is, among others, USCG Parents, Family and Friends; US Coast Guard Support Page ; Coastie Chicks (wives and girlfriends) , Coasties on the Move (housing and moving info) and USCG Moms, a private page for mothers of CG members.

Send a message to the admins of closed groups describing your relationship to your recruit when you request entry. Glad to have you here! This forum has a lot of great information and advice.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement