Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
waiver
Last Post 29 Jul 2013 06:35 AM by captkyguy. 15 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
brodyh

--
18 Feb 2012 11:15 PM
    i have a discharge (uncharacterized) with Anxiety with no other symptoms, and a letter from the psychologist in basic saying it should not be looked at negatively, and should still be considered for re-enlistment.  What would the chances of getting a waiver accepted?  i tried re submitting after a year and my recruiter at the same said that they were above their quota already, but to try again in a year or so.  I am still going to continue to try.  I have letters from therapists saying i am perfectly fine.  as well as letters of recommendations, a letter of reference from my self. and paperwork from the previous recruiter of everything that i need.  I have everything ready to go and am very organized and prepared. I attended fire academy's, gone through fire season fighting wild fires with the US Forest Service.  Any suggestions would be great.  thank you for your time.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    JBraz

--
    18 Feb 2012 11:48 PM
    I would not get my hopes up if I were you. I wouldn't even consider a waiver possible, and as a recruiter I would not attach my name to one for this issue. Was the discharge during Coast Guard boot camp, another service or after boot?
    ~My destiny is to help others fulfill their destiny~
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    19 Feb 2012 02:17 AM
    You can keep trying if your recruiter is willing to work with you, but I agree with JBraz. I have far too many people who are looking for a shot at this particular brass ring. I'm not going to pursue a waiver for someone who was given the opportunity once already.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    brodyh

--
    19 Feb 2012 09:35 AM
    During basic.  For coast guard.I completely understand where you guys are coming.  Appreciate the honesty.  If the chance arose I know I could prove my self worthy and highly capable and a great asset.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    19 Feb 2012 02:25 PM
    Brody,

Thank you for being classy. I know their answers were probably not what you wanted to hear but you took their answers and respected those answers. They are recruiters, I am not. But as the moderator on this forum you proved a little something to me just by accepting their words with class. I wish you the best and I hope you do well.

Macie
    USCGC Midgett
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    19 Feb 2012 03:53 PM
    I agree completely with JBraz and Gears. I commend you for trying, but me personally, I would not put my name on that waiver request. It's just too risky.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    JBraz

--
    19 Feb 2012 09:27 PM
    I would encourage you to look at other services and keep in mind that you could possibly join us after your first tour. If that route doesn't interest you maybe joining the Aux and getting your feet wet a little will show a recruiter that you mean business. I have seen one person get approved to go back to boot, they lasted 3 weeks the 2nd time, so you are facing an up hill battle. Keep your chin up though, thanks for keeping an open mind.
    ~My destiny is to help others fulfill their destiny~
    brodyh

--
    19 Feb 2012 11:52 PM
    I want to thank you all again for all of your answers and taking time to answers my questions.  Im going to look into other services, if it allows me to be in the coast guard in the future that would be amazing.  Just being able to serve is what means the most.  would love to be part of the USCG, however if it takes a little more push then thats what it takes   Again thank you all for your time, and support.  ill get there
    brodyh

--
    11 Jul 2013 05:04 PM
    Good afternoon, it has been a little over a year since my last post. Since i have moved to Oregon, completed additional seasons of wildland fire fighting, and am currently working as a volunteer fire fighter, and as and EMT on a full time 911 ambulance. I regards to my original post, i was trying to see if anything has changed and if my chances may be any better. I am aware of risk of a recruiter putting there name on my paperwork, however i can assure them that i am worth the signature. I will do whatever it takes to push paperwork and prove my self. I am in great physical and mental shape. I deal with stressful environments on a daily basis. I have left a voice mail with the recruiting office in Norwalk CA. unfortunately i am in Medford Oregon where there are not any Coast Guard recruiters near by. I am grateful for the time any of you take out of your busy schedule to answer my question. If any recruiter can help me, and possibly give me a chance even just to explain and look through my papers. that would be amazing. Thank you for your time. Have a great day.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    13 Jul 2013 08:37 AM
    The recruiting climate has only gotten worse since your last post.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    brodyh

--
    13 Jul 2013 11:26 PM
    Gotcha, Well thank you for the reply. Im going to keep pushing and searching for someone who will give me that chance. I know i can do it. Thank you again.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    14 Jul 2013 11:12 AM
    Im going to keep pushing and searching for someone who will give me that chance.

You beat the odds once, you were given a shot at this particular brass ring, and you walked away. In the year since you left Cape May hundreds of stellar individuals have stood on the yellow triangles and successfully completed boot camp with no problems. Thousands more are waiting for a chance to go. I just don't see it happening. With the current reduction in force and the high demand for accession into the CG I see no reason to give anyone a second chance.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    brodyh

--
    14 Jul 2013 02:42 PM
    I completely understand where you are coming from. It makes sense. In life people do make mistakes. That happened to be my mistake when a family situation came up. However im aware of that and learned and will continue to push and not give up. Some of the great people were given second chances and proved them selves and i wish and hope i can do the same. Im seeing more and more its an up hill battle, but just because its a struggle doesn't mean I will quit. I appreciate your honesty and not sugar coating anything, i respect that, and honor that. It will just continue to fuel me to thrive and fight harder. Hopefully i can stand there again one day, and represent the USCG and prove self. If you or anyone ever knows anything that could benefit please let me know. Thank you again.
    brodyh

--
    29 Jul 2013 04:07 AM
    Thank you for all the help, just wanted to update the feed and I have a recruiter that accepted my application and invited me in for an interview. Thank you again for the feed back.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    29 Jul 2013 05:09 AM
    Congratulations. This is why our recruiters tell people the current climate of recruiting and what their office might or might not accept... But you have to speak to your specific recruiter. Because they are men & women, not machines, answers can be different when there is room for difference. Some have absolute medical conditions that cannot be accepted, waivered, overlooked... but others, always try. The answer is no if you give up. So good luck. Please let us know how it goes.
    USCGC Midgett
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    29 Jul 2013 06:35 AM
    We wish you the best...
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement