Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Grad question
Last Post 07 Nov 2017 04:20 PM by riverdan. 23 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
NewbSawyer

--
22 Feb 2012 10:56 AM
    Hey, went back as far as i could to see if this question was answered, sorry if it was. My husband will be returning from Afghanistan in time for my graduation date. He is a Sergeant in the Marine Corp. Is he allowed to present me my graduation certificate?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    22 Feb 2012 12:15 PM
    100% absolutely! As long as he is in his uniform! Congratulations on the home coming!!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    NewbSawyer

--
    22 Feb 2012 01:56 PM
    Thank you so much
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    22 Feb 2012 04:06 PM
    How awesome is that...way cool! Congrats.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    txcheesehead12

--
    22 Feb 2012 06:15 PM
    How does that work with a parent who is no longer serving our country but is a veteran.  Do they still wear some kind of military uniform?  I feel like this question is dumb but I have to ask..
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    22 Feb 2012 08:01 PM
    No question around is here dumb.... well some maybe but not regarding this! Absolutely a veteran may present the certificate. He or she must be in their respective uniform.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    dthielmann

--
    22 Feb 2012 08:16 PM
    My dad was in the Army from 1976-1979. Would he be able to present my certificate?? Respective uniform as in class A greens??
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    22 Feb 2012 08:20 PM
    He had an honorable discharge and is authorized to wear his uniform? Then yes, he would be able to. You don't need to be retired or active duty. You just have to be honorably discharged and allowed to still wear the uniform for events.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    dthielmann

--
    22 Feb 2012 08:31 PM
    Thanks!
    NewbSawyer

--
    23 Feb 2012 09:10 AM
    Thanks Capt! yeah its going to be quite difficult to restrain myself from jumping into his arms as soon as i see him hah! but ill do the coast guard proud and be a good coastie
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    23 Feb 2012 10:49 AM
    Newb,

My ex-husband presented our son with his certificate. Well I don't know if it is certificate on top, hand shake under or certificate handed, salute (his dad is a Commander)... but his dad totally messed it up. Emotions got the better of him. He just grabbed Colin and hugged him instead! LOL Everyone in the audience gave the collective "Ahhhh" So I don't know that a hug would be totally uncalled for. As Colin went down the line shaking his CC's hands one did comment "I'm not hugging you." They both just chuckled a little.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    NewbSawyer

--
    23 Feb 2012 03:33 PM
    i bet it was an incredibly proud moment for both of them. I cant wait to have that feeling.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    23 Feb 2012 04:21 PM
    It was a pretty proud moment for mom (me) as I was crying! LOL I have seen my ex-husband proud of different things. I have never seen his chest as puffed out as it was in Cape May looking at his son in uniform! That was a moment I don't think I'll ever forget!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    txcheesehead12

--
    24 Feb 2012 10:13 PM
    It would be really difficult to piece together an Air Force Uniform now. Or an Army Reserve Class A for that matter..I have outgrown the uniform considerably..Weight alot more than I did when I was in.
    CarolinaPanthers

--
    26 Feb 2012 05:06 PM
    The rules our CC informed us is as follows: Active Duty, Retired or Discharged during a time of war.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    29 Mar 2012 11:31 AM
    Sorry for bumping an old thread - but does the person presenting your certificate have to be a parent? Or could my nephew (Army) for example present mine?
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    29 Mar 2012 01:07 PM
    It is anyone you now that would like to present your certificate to you...a mentor, a friend, a relative, a father/mother, a brother/sister, anyone...they just need to be eligible to wear the uniform, and more importantly in my opinion still fit into said uniform.

What a truly awesome experience it would be to be honored and presented by a family member or very close friend/mentor.

Enjoy
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    29 Mar 2012 01:13 PM
    Posted By captkyguy on 29 Mar 2012 01:07 PM
    It is anyone you now that would like to present your certificate to you...a mentor, a friend, a relative, a father/mother, a brother/sister, anyone...they just need to be eligible to wear the uniform, and more importantly in my opinion still fit into said uniform.

What a truly awesome experience it would be to be honored and presented by a family member or very close friend/mentor.

Enjoy

What an honor to the presenter, too! Thanks for the quick reply. Hope I get the chance to stand up there.

tealjune

--
    29 Mar 2012 03:02 PM
    What if the veteran in question can't fit into his uniform anymore?
    Ghouse

--
    29 Mar 2012 08:16 PM
    Is this something you get sorted out while you're in boot camp? My brother (USMC) is working out the details to make it to my graduation which should be in June. Is this something I could help him plan for before I leave or do I just write him with the info while at Cape May?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    29 Mar 2012 08:55 PM
    Teal, if he can't fit he will not present. He has to wear the uniform properly. If not, they will probably stop him/her from presenting. Your uniform will fit, you will want the person that is presenting to you to look as sharp.

Nothing really to sort out, Ghouse. Let your brother know your graduation date, let Cape May know that he will be presenting to you. Done. He shows up in his uniform and you have instant memory & Kodak moment.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    riverdan

--
    29 Oct 2017 08:05 PM
    I am a honorably discharged U.S. Navy Veteran and proudly served aboard the USS New Jersey during my enlistment from 1983 -1989. My son is currently in USCG boot camp and it would be a awesome to present him with his certificate at graduation. Of course the fit of my dress blues is lets say, a 35 pound challenge. Is it a requirement for the presenter to be in a appropriate dress uniform?
    Jellis997

--
    05 Nov 2017 08:39 AM
    @riverdan we understand the extra 35 My husband too is a veteran. He has been trying to get in shape, before my son graduates. Which has been great for him. It would be awesome if he could present to my son.
    riverdan

--
    07 Nov 2017 04:20 PM
    Posted By Jellis997 on 05 Nov 2017 08:39 AM
    @riverdan we understand the extra 35 My husband too is a veteran. He has been trying to get in shape, before my son graduates. Which has been great for him. It would be awesome if he could present to my son.
    Check out the recent USCG Cape May Boot Camp Graduation videos on this Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/USCoastGuardBootCamp/

<!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 unctuationKerning/> false false false oNotPromoteQF/> EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ontGrowAutofit/> ontVertAlignCellWithSp/> ontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> ontVertAlignInTxbx/> MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 After watching several graduation videos its obvious that as long as you are a Veteran a uniform is not a requirement to present your graduate a certificate although obviously for the presenter it would be possibly more meaningful to be in uniform rendering a respectful salute also maybe more of a impact to your graduate. Obviously you can tell I am personally invested into this process but either way it will be an extremely pride filled moment for you all.

Congratulations and
    Semper Paratus    

<!--[if gte mso 9]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style>
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement