Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
liberty during bootcamp
Last Post 27 May 2020 07:55 AM by reiss_pieces11. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
creg82

--
02 Mar 2012 11:00 AM
    Does anyone know during what week recruits normally get liberty? thanks
    SemperNYC

--
    02 Mar 2012 04:04 PM
    If earned, on base liberty will be Week 6 and off base liberty will be Week 7.
    creg82

--
    02 Mar 2012 06:15 PM
    Are the allowed to make phone calls during on-base liberty?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheBigC1234

--
    02 Mar 2012 07:10 PM
    I believe so. I wasn't granted on base liberty (we were evacuated to Fort Dix for hurricane Irene) This is where you get to use payphones and such to my understanding. Off base liberty our CC's handed out cell phones with minutes on them and talk all day long if you so choose.
    It's Hammer Time!!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Gandler

--
    02 Mar 2012 07:28 PM
    Just curious, what are you allowed and not allowed to do on off base liberty?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Mar 2012 07:41 PM
    Common judgment... what isn't allowed shouldn't need to be explained.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Quaife P.

--
    03 Mar 2012 05:09 PM

From the Helmsman 2010 edition: "Liberty is time off from recruit training. It can be limited to Training Center grounds only, or your company may earn eight hours off-base liberty in week seven of training. Liberty is a privilege that is earned and not automatically given to everyone. If you do not meet all required academic and physical fitness requirements you will not normally be afforded liberty.  While on liberty, you represent the United States Coast Guard and should take pride in your service.  While on liberty, the consumption of alcohol by anyone under 21 years of age is not permitted. Excessive consumption of alcohol by any recruit which results in intoxication or the inability to perform duties will be punished according to current policy."

As far as boundaries to where you can go, that is your company commander's (or anyone above them in the chain of command) discretion.

Basically, if you have to question if it is acceptable, don't do it.  You are in uniform, and everyone knows who you are.  It's not worth it to do something questionable, only to explain yourself to your company commanders/section commander later, possibly being reverted, especially when you are less than a week from graduation.  Use common sense, keep your military bearing, and remember how hard you worked to get that far. 
    FN Quaife, ANT Moriches
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheBigC1234

--
    03 Mar 2012 10:02 PM
    They go over the rules of off base liberty prior to letting you go. You are in the CG so act like it. That also means you must be an adult, act like it. My CC's told us we couldn't drink although permitted by the training center. I suggest you don't. Just go and have fun talking to your shipmates and family/friends. I've heard of people being thrown out of the CG and others reverted to forming company.
    It's Hammer Time!!
    Jamie_jay

--
    17 Mar 2020 11:51 PM
    Am I able to go up to cape May and see my boyfriend when he has off base liberty the 7th week of boot camp? Or would he get into some kind of trouble? I wanna go but I wanna make sure it’s okay first and I don’t quite know all of the rules
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    18 Mar 2020 05:32 AM
    You absolutely may go to Cape May and spend that day with your Coastie.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    ACWest

--
    18 Mar 2020 07:13 AM
    This is just my personal advice based on my off base liberty experience back in 1991:

Wait until graduation to see your boyfriend.  Let him spend his off base with his boot camp friends.  We all tell our boot camp pals that we will always keep in touch with each other, but that rarely lasts more than a year.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jdhusker

--
    18 Mar 2020 09:00 PM
    If your boyfriend will be in boot camp soon just be aware he may not even get off base liberty due to the coronavirus.
    reiss_pieces11

--
    27 May 2020 07:55 AM
    I'm a Coastie girlfriend as well. While you could go (depending on the situation with the virus), I will advise you not to. My SO asked me to come visit and I turned towards this forum and other people questioning whether or not I should go. I'll highlight some key points for you

1) Let your Coastie experience the day with his shipmates. This is a chance for him to deepen connections.

2) There will be CCs supervising them "undercover," and if he does something inappropriate with you, there will be consequences. Plus, since he will be in uniform, you would need to make sure you walk on his left side (because he needs his right arm free to salute) and have no public displays of affection. Basically, he could get in trouble for behaving the wrong way around you. Since there are only a couple week left, it would be awful if he got reverted.

3) Seeing you could be a distraction for his last couple weeks at BC.

So, even though you are free to see him, I strongly advise you to hold off on it. I know the separation of BC is tough, but you will get through it! Stay strong!
    Keep Calm and Love a Coastie!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement