Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Kilo 186
Last Post 24 Jun 2012 08:34 PM by 2dreck. 99 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
julie.green05

--
13 Mar 2012 12:50 PM
Hi Cali Girl- I've been hearing that many families are receiving the CC's letter now. Speaking for our coastie's family, no mail as of yet. Hopeful tho.
Cali Girl

--
13 Mar 2012 02:00 PM
I live in the complete opposite of the where he's at so hopefully soon
denakallen

--
13 Mar 2012 05:08 PM
Hey Cali girl- Im assuming your from California? Did your coastie ship out from CA? If so where? My son is from CA and left out of Sacramento but there were no others. Are you going to graduation?
Cali Girl

--
13 Mar 2012 05:41 PM
He shipped out of Los Angeles and I believe there was about 5 other people with him so a total of 6 from CA so he won't be the only California boy. Yeah I won't be able to make it to graduation
denakallen

--
13 Mar 2012 05:55 PM
My coastie is my son. You? Sorry you wont make it to graduation. Have you linked up to the facebook page yet? Its pretty cool. I look at it through one of my other sons- I dont have my own FB- should probably get one at this point.I havent gotten mail yet either- My daughter in-law has though.
Cali Girl

--
13 Mar 2012 06:20 PM
Dena, it's my boyfriend I won't be able to take time off work but it's ok
tjmall

--
14 Mar 2012 12:08 AM
Been praying Psalm 91 over all the men and women in Kilo 186. And it brings much comfort here as well.
Cali Girl

--
14 Mar 2012 06:28 PM
On the letters is it SR Last name, first name? or SR first name, Last name?
julie.green05

--
14 Mar 2012 07:42 PM
Hi Cali girl- last name first but it'll get there either way. send lots of letters- they need to hear from u!!!
julie.green05

--
14 Mar 2012 07:45 PM
AMEN tjmall. We are all family now.
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
14 Mar 2012 08:45 PM
I sent everything just to SR Colin Robertson. There was never a problem. Just be sure to include FULL first name and last name. Had I put just C Robertson and there was a Christine or a Charles they wouldn't know which C Robertson the letter was to go to. So full names are the important part. First last, last first just won't matter.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Cali Girl

--
14 Mar 2012 10:29 PM
Thanks guys! I just dropped off the letter like 20 minutes ago he probably wont receive it till the weekend
maverick

--
15 Mar 2012 04:46 PM
My nephew just arrived a few days ago from Indiana. We would like to see him get near the coast of NC after graduation.
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
15 Mar 2012 08:24 PM
Welcome to our forum Maverick. If you have any questions let us know. If you would just like to chat, someone is almost always around. We're happy to talk.
Sector NY, Staten Island
tjmall

--
15 Mar 2012 08:56 PM
Is it ok to send a few family photos?
tjmall

--
15 Mar 2012 08:56 PM
Is it ok to send a few family photos?
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
15 Mar 2012 09:07 PM
Yep. 3x5 or 4x6 size and only something your grandma would be proud to hang on the fridge and show her bridge ladies. LOL
Sector NY, Staten Island
bearbear42

--
16 Mar 2012 11:39 PM
Hello, so glad to find this forum. Thanks Old Guard 2 for starting this. My daughter is in Kilo 186. She arrived in Cape May March 6th. We received the standard letter early this week and today got two post cards from her. We were so excited to hear from her. Sounds like they don't have much time to write.
bearbear42

--
16 Mar 2012 11:49 PM
Thank you tjmall! We are praying too!
bearbear42

--
16 Mar 2012 11:51 PM
Hi careyb50. Our daughter is in Kilo 186 also. I wonder how many girls are in this company??
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
17 Mar 2012 09:50 AM
Welcome aboard. We are happy to have you. Any questions, just let us know. We'll do our best to help.
Sector NY, Staten Island
julie.green05

--
17 Mar 2012 09:59 AM
Sounds like everyone is starting to get their postcards from their Coastie. Sshhh-did you hear that? A sigh of relief nationwide from all the families knowing thier coastie is all good
denakallen

--
17 Mar 2012 10:55 PM
So confused on what to send them and what not. My son said letters and small photos- So I try to send a letter at least every other day- Then my daughter in-law says that depending on who their commander is that if 1 gets too much mail they have to do push-ups and I know our entire family is writing to him, so he has to be getting at least 2 a day. Also heard that if only 1 of them gets a care package the whole group gets punished because they are now a team. So lets all do our best as a team on this end to make sure they are doing their best as a team there.
What do you say old gaurd? Does it all depend on the commander? Should I add a few more days between sending letters?
GuardianSpouse

--
18 Mar 2012 06:33 AM
Your recruit will not get in trouble for to much mail. The CC's know that is part of their motivation. They do not have a lot of room for storage so printing the pictures on a page and then writing a letter under is a great option. Unless you are sending an authorized item, do not send a care package. You are doing everything right denakallen!
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
18 Mar 2012 08:40 AM
Guardian is right! Care packages are a major no-no unless it is something needed. Chocolate chip cookies might be missed but not needed! That will get them a world of pain. You might have a CC that will use a lot of letters to give extra IT, but then he might give extra IT for not enough letters being received. That sort of "punishment" is one of those things that even if they are right, they are wrong. Serious punishment with consequences like reversion are held for serious infractions. Letter writing is fine and greatly encouraged. So write away with no worries!

Keep in mind your recruit has heard their CC is THE HARDEST one in all of Cape May... but by the end of the 8 weeks there is more love & respect for that hardest ever CC then you can imagine!
Sector NY, Staten Island
bearbear42

--
18 Mar 2012 02:17 PM
I have a couple of questions. If my daughter rides home with us from Cape May does the CS pay her way from home to where she is stationed? And what about her stuff? Do they pay to move her stuff?
Thanks!
GuardianSpouse

--
18 Mar 2012 02:31 PM
The coast guard will reimburse for travel by distance but not for going home. They calculate the distance from Cape May to their new duty assignment. The 5 days is leave so you have to think of it like vacation. There are two options for having her stuff moved. Either she can do it herself or have the CG move her. Your daughter will take classes on all of this in week 6 and make the decision that works best for her scenario. Hope that helps a little. ~Tiff
bearbear42

--
19 Mar 2012 10:24 PM
Yes this is helpful. Thanks for the info.
Cali Girl

--
21 Mar 2012 09:47 PM
Are rack mates assigned? Or do they need get to choose
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
22 Mar 2012 05:35 AM
If I understand what you are asking... The CC's assign where everyone sleeps. Even on ships and in the barracks and A school... You are pointed to a rack or given a key to a barracks room and there you go. You have a roomie. I know a whole group of Seneca non-rates were authorized their barracks rooms at the same time. They walked into the MAA shack and a whole bunch of them were given rooms together. So they were happy. But if just one had shown up, a room with a rack available would have been given and that's where you live.
Sector NY, Staten Island
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement