Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Juliet 186
Last Post 28 Mar 2012 08:24 AM by Old Guard2. 33 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
RSRetired

--
07 Mar 2012 09:50 AM
    Getting J186 started. Report Feb 28, 2012 and graduate 20 April 2012. My son is in this company. Please feel free to post!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Mar 2012 10:00 AM
    Welcome aboard! Any questions, feel free to ask. We are always happy to help!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    tjmall

--
    08 Mar 2012 06:29 AM
    Hello, my son just left on March 6th for Coast Guard basic, is his company Juliet 186? I haven't heard from him and suspect I won't for at least five weeks, unless it is a letter. Is there a way to keep up with the company?
    RSRetired

--
    08 Mar 2012 07:03 AM
    TJMall: J186 reported 28 Feb, so your son is not in that company. Check the link below for his graduation date, when posted, that will tell you which company he is in. You should also receive a card within a week or so with his mailing address, identifying the company. If he reported Mar 6, it will probably be K (Kilo) 186. Expect to not get mail for about two weeks.

http://www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/recr...ations.asp

When the comapny is known, the mailing address will be:*

SR_________________________
    Recruit Company ____________ (assigned upon arrival)
    Munro / Healy / James Hall (assigned upon arrival)
    USCG Training Center
    1 Munro Avenue
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083

* with the missing info filled in when your know it.

Even though you don't hear from him for a while, he is in good hands.

RSRetired

--
    08 Mar 2012 07:07 AM
    I have not received card yet, but with company known, the K-186 mailing address is:
    Recruit Company Kilo 186
    Healy Hall
    USCG Training Center
    1 Munro Avenue
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083

Start sending mail to your recruit - there will be lags between mail received & sent, so getting it in the pipeline now will help.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Mar 2012 07:21 AM
    How do you know Kilo is in Healy? It hasn't been posted yet? I monitor that almost every day so I can update the thread that has mailing info, graduation date... I don't see anything that says Kilo is in Healy???
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    RSRetired

--
    08 Mar 2012 08:27 AM
    My bad - bad re-paste!
    Meant to list all three like the website!
    Recruit Company ____________ (assigned upon arrival)
    Munro / Healy / James Hall (assigned upon arrival)
    USCG Training Center
    1 Munro Avenue
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083

Thanks for the catch!

auntiet

--
    08 Mar 2012 11:35 AM
    Thanks for posting. My nephew reported on Feb. 28th as well so I assume they are in the same company. We are anxiously awaiting the postcard with the mailing address.
    auntiet

--
    08 Mar 2012 11:44 AM
    Thanks for your willingness to pass along much awaited for info. I thought I read somewhere that you can access info on what the recruit is doing each day or each week during basics. Do you know where this info is?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Mar 2012 11:53 AM
    http://www.tracencapemay.uscgnews.c...763/49039/

There you will find weekly recruit journals. The companies don't start posting those until week 3. But once they do there is a wealth of information that is shared about what has happened in the previous week. They are generally published on Tuesday's.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    RSRetired

--
    08 Mar 2012 12:58 PM
    Received post card and command letter today, so if you have not received one it should be soon. You may want to start sending mail- although your recruit will not have as much time to write as you do! They will welcome your letters. Letters will cross each other, but recruits will love getting mail in, so don't wait for them to write.
    dollbaby1961

--
    08 Mar 2012 05:28 PM
    My son was with Hotel 186 untill he was injured now he expects to join J-186.
    I was on a Facebook with Hotel how or who do I contact to join Juliet?
    RSRetired

--
    08 Mar 2012 06:18 PM
    Doll baby: I believe it's too soon for J136 to have a page or have their journals posted. They are just into their 2nd week. I'm sure we'll hear from Old Guard2 when one is set up.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Mar 2012 06:28 PM
    Whoever the admin is on that facebook page, my assumption it is the same person on all the companies. Message and you should be accepted. I hope your son is doing better!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Mar 2012 06:29 PM
    I don't manage the Facebook pages, this is more than enough for my little fingers to handle!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    RSRetired

--
    08 Mar 2012 06:48 PM
    Yeah, but I'm sure you have all the scuttlebutt to hear when it's up!
    dollbaby1961

--
    09 Mar 2012 10:42 AM
    Thanks just checking every avenue 8 weeks was ok but 10 is a bit more than mom can handle.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    09 Mar 2012 01:04 PM
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/347773045240325/

dollbaby, I think this should be the link to Juliet's FB page.
    Check out all the resources available on FB for your, your recruit and familiy:
    USCG Moms
    USCG Parents, Family and Friends
    US Coast Guard Support Page
    Coastie Chicks (wives and girlfriends)
    Coasties on the Move (moving and housing info)

There are websites for Coastie Chicks and Coasties on the Move as well. Most of these are closed groups; to join, send a request message to a page admin, describing your relationship to your recruit.
    RSRetired

--
    09 Mar 2012 01:46 PM
    KD: link is good-thanks. Just for FYI Juliet is spelled wrong on the FB site, with two Ts. No biggie, this may cause problems searching for it on FB.
    RSRetired

--
    12 Mar 2012 11:58 AM
    Juliet-186’s weekly journal posted! Be forewarned, you will not be reading letters home from summer camp! But, you will see your individual recruits are becoming a company, part of the Coast Guard. Make sure and send your letters of encouragement! Anything easy is not worth attaining!

link to journal: https://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/763/1334971/Coast-Guard-Recruit-Company-Juliet-186-weekly-journal-posted-Mar-12-2012
    RSRetired

--
    15 Mar 2012 01:49 PM
    Finally got first letter today. Of course, Derek is hating life right now - pretty much how I remember it. Sweating all waking hours and exhausted 24/7. Of course, his stamps went missing somehow in 4-5 moves they've made, so he asked us to send more. Guess I won't see anymore letters for a couple weeks or so until my mail gets to him and he can get his back out. So much for planning ahead. At least I know it will get better for them - they will see that soon. Already sounding like a Coastie in the letter - probably doesn't even know it!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    15 Mar 2012 04:45 PM
    He can always borrow a stamp to be able to send a letter and then repay with a stamp when he gets his. They learn as quickly as their stubborn head's allow, they are a team. Even something as small as a stamp is one way to be a good shipmate. So hopefully he will get a stamp from a shipmate if he has a letter ready to go.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    philak9bruno@aol.com

--
    17 Mar 2012 10:03 PM
    My daughter is in this company too.
    philak9bruno@aol.com

--
    17 Mar 2012 10:07 PM
    Hello, my daughter is a recruit in J186, multiple family members are inquiring about graduation. Is there a limit to the amount of people who can attend per recruit?
    philak9bruno@aol.com

--
    17 Mar 2012 10:12 PM
    I want to tell you I greatly enjoy reading the Journal, I love that these KIDS are being challanged.. Life isn't easy and I know my daughter will benefit from the reality check of bootcamp.. THANK YOU!!!
    GuardianSpouse

--
    18 Mar 2012 06:36 AM
    There is no limit to the amount of guests at graduation. Each adult will have to give the recruits name and show a valid photo ID. The more the merrier. It is such an accomplishment and should be shared by all that can attend
    RSRetired

--
    18 Mar 2012 03:09 PM
    Reposting the link to the Juliet-186 Facebook group page, for those who joined late. Also, the group named was changed with correct spelling of JULIET, which was causing problems for some finding it.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/3...045240325/
    RSRetired

--
    23 Mar 2012 12:35 PM
    Not much activity here - I assume folks are getting updated on the FB group. All recruits passed their mid term exam today! Great job J-186!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    23 Mar 2012 01:15 PM
    Excellent news on the midterm! Comgrats to all.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    RSRetired

--
    23 Mar 2012 02:34 PM
    Also posted that all but one have passed their swim test. I know PT test was done this week, but I don't know the company results.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement