Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
The journey begins!
Last Post 14 Mar 2012 05:43 AM by sheranudeep. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Ocelot Jones

--
07 Mar 2012 01:22 PM
    Hello all!

I've been browsing the forum for a few months now and decided that it was about time I joined and started getting involved myself. 

My recruitment process is moving along, I actually just took my ASVAB last night...pretty happy with how I did, just waiting to hear back on the score. Once that comes in later in the week (hopefully), I will get my MEPS date. Patience has never been my strongest attribute, and with my level of excitement about the Coast Guard, this is killing me! 

Just by reading many of your responses to other questions, you've already given me more help and knowledge than anything I would be able to find elsewhere online, and I am incredibly grateful for that. I'll leave my introduction at at that, and hopefully I can get started being an active part of the forum!
    zachw88

--
    07 Mar 2012 01:28 PM
    Congrats! I also just joined the forum today. In about two weeks I'm going in to have an interview among a group of recruiters. I'm in Colorado, and apparently within the next year the branch here in Denver is going to be covering 10 states, so they're going to be choosing worthy candidates to invest their time into. Extremely excited for it, submitted my application awhile ago and was waiting for a call back and it finally came a few days ago.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Mar 2012 01:34 PM
    Welcome aboard to both of you. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Ocelot, your picture... hard to tell when it is tiny. Is that a Shepherd or a Malinois? I have a Mal at home and she is a lunatic but the love of my life!
    USCGC Midgett
    Ocelot Jones

--
    07 Mar 2012 01:46 PM
    She's a Shepherd mix...and absolutely fantastic! We're not 100% sure on what the mix is, but it's impossible not to love those satellite ears.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Mar 2012 01:58 PM
    My girl has the same the same thing. We call them Gizmo ears! But when she is relaxed and submissive and settled down for the night, they relax just a bit. But one sound... it could be the wind changing direction... BOOM! Those ears are up & scanning for waht just changed. LOL We all love our puppies! I also have a white lab & a black lab. My house is one animal away from becoming a petting zoo! I have 3 cats, too! LOL
    USCGC Midgett
    Ocelot Jones

--
    07 Mar 2012 03:58 PM
    Zach, glad to hear that you're getting in to meet with the recruiters. By the time I go to MEPS, it should be about 2 months from my first meeting with the recruiter. As long as you're proactive and have your ducks in a row, the process can go pretty quickly. I'm sure my ship date won't be for quite a while, so I pretty much just played the "hurry up and wait" game, but at least I got the bulk of it out of the way.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    07 Mar 2012 04:27 PM
    Welcome aboard...enjoy the journey and have a blast!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Browns24

--
    08 Mar 2012 02:19 PM
    Welcome!
    pilotdudeman1

--
    13 Mar 2012 09:12 AM
    i just got my assignment today. the recruiters are swamped! i switched over to reserve because it was a 2 year wait for active...lol. ill be goin to station cortez, fl. mk
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    13 Mar 2012 10:38 AM
    Awesome...enjoy and have a blast!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    sheranudeep

--
    14 Mar 2012 05:43 AM
    thanks
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement