Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Formal recognition, part two
Last Post 11 Apr 2012 07:58 PM by southern118. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cjbr89

--
06 Apr 2012 10:06 PM

My unit was just awarded a second Meritorious Unit Commendation (blind squirrel found a nut TWICE!) and I'm not sure what to do with my ribbon.  I think I put the 1/16'' bronze star on it, to the left next to the Operational 'O' but I've heard it is different depending on the ribbon/award.  Any help would be nice, thank you

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    06 Apr 2012 10:34 PM
    I'll look it up on Monday to confirm, but I believe unit awards have a gold star. My ribbon rack is at work, so I'm trying to go off the picture in my head lol.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    06 Apr 2012 10:35 PM
    BTW, I reserve the right to be wrong on that. Like I said, I'll look at work and make sure you have the correct info.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    cjbr89

--
    07 Apr 2012 10:51 AM
    Thank you chief, enjoy your weekend
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    08 Apr 2012 05:40 AM
    Awards Manual chapter 1 table 1
    CG Meritorious Unit Commendation O, a
    Large stars. A 5/16-inch gold star denotes each subsequent award. A 5/16-inch silver star is worn in lieu of five gold stars (represents the sixth award).

Uniform Manual 3.G.3
    The stars alternate around the “O”. The first star is placed to the right of the "O".

Geeze the awards manual didn't say about how to do the stars with an "O" device but the uniform manual did.
    If you were hoping for the A Team you will be sorry to know you got the F Troop.
    cjbr89

--
    09 Apr 2012 07:55 AM
    thanks for the help, I'm at A school and I want my ribbons to be accurate and reflect how awesome I am, lol. Thank you again
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    09 Apr 2012 11:48 PM
    Get the thin ribbons from the tailor shop. Worth it, I promise. As an OS, you won't get any more for a while anyway :p Just kidding. Sort of...
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    10 Apr 2012 06:54 AM
    I am ordering a set of thin ribbons soon. I can not wait since I have to wear trops every day.
    If you were hoping for the A Team you will be sorry to know you got the F Troop.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    11 Apr 2012 07:58 PM
    Ultra thins are great
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement