Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Tinted prescription glasses?
Last Post 13 Apr 2012 11:39 PM by FloridaGirl. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Jbalascsak

--
11 Apr 2012 08:53 AM
    Hey y'all.. Quick question about my prescription glasses... I only have one pair of new Oakley wire frame eye glasses  I got them with the auto tinting lenses. Inside and in the dark try are clear but out in sunny weather toucan hardly see my eyes... Is my CC going to tear me up the first 2 weeks before I get my BCGS? Getting a crap pair is out of the question due to time and money. I only wear my contacts that's why my glasses are still like new.. Should I be ready for some harassment?

Myspace Stuff "Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    11 Apr 2012 09:10 AM
    If no one answers this I will see if I can ask my old CC and see what he says.
    If you were hoping for the A Team you will be sorry to know you got the F Troop.
    Jbalascsak

--
    11 Apr 2012 09:41 AM
    Thanks Nargil!

Myspace Stuff "Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Apr 2012 09:56 AM
    You aren't shipping until May 1. There are tons of places that do $39 glasses in an hour. You aren't leaving today... that gives you the time. I know... I had my dogs EAT my glasses. I had to tape the lens to my eyebrow to see to be able to drive. I had glasses by 5 o'clock that afternoon and they didn't cost that much. I did get 2 more pair of glasses with the tinting and the style I really liked and those took about 10 days and were a little more pricey. But even at 10 days, you aren't leaving for 19, the math tells me there is time. Again, cheap, cheap, cheap frames and simple no muss, no fuss lenses... you probably won't spend even $100 and they'll be ready today or tomorrow.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    sandeky5

--
    11 Apr 2012 07:12 PM
    I wouldn't worry about it. And your glasses aren't bcg's any more. They look pretty good now and you will get them in week 02.
    jek

--
    11 Apr 2012 08:51 PM
    My company had a kid with self-tinting glasses and the CC's called him Neo for that first week. I wouldn't worry about it though, if they don't single you out for your glasses they'll find something else. That's half the fun.
    Jbalascsak

--
    12 Apr 2012 10:58 AM
    Hahaha NEO... I'm going to choose not to waste my money an buy a pair of 30 to 50 dollar eye glasses if I only need to wear my own for less then 12 days. I hate glasses and I'll probably only wear them watching tv at night sometimes after boot. I got a year warranty with my Oakleys too.. I'll probably be using it. I don't know how you can keep something on your face while doing pushups haha..

PaulReck

--
    12 Apr 2012 02:04 PM
    Glasses stay on your face with the cables that loop around the arms of the glasses. I think that they come with your glasses in bootcamp(at least they used to). Can any newer members comment on this?
    meinschloss

--
    12 Apr 2012 09:30 PM
    Sunglasses are not authorized to wear in formation, so I'm going to go with no. If you want to get jacked up then go ahead and wear them, but I would definitely make you take them off.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    13 Apr 2012 09:05 AM
    Just spoke with Cape May. The lenses you are talking about (transition style) will be fine for wear until you receive your issued glasses.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Jbalascsak

--
    13 Apr 2012 11:30 AM
    Thanks Cooch. I really appreciate the call.

Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    13 Apr 2012 11:39 PM
    Posted By PaulReck on 12 Apr 2012 02:04 PM
    Glasses stay on your face with the cables that loop around the arms of the glasses. I think that they come with your glasses in bootcamp(at least they used to). Can any newer members comment on this?

I believe those with glasses in my company had to buy at least one glasses strap at the exchange that first weekend.  Not sure if the BCGs came with them or not, but until they got them, they needed something.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement