Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Reasons to be Discharged in Bootcamp
Last Post 13 Jun 2019 01:06 PM by jkehrer1. 46 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Bleem

--
10 Jan 2016 06:09 PM
For me, 95% of the stress at boot camp was the prospect of being reverted. It's by design. It is a tool.
USCG STA New York, Staten Island
mar_

--
13 Feb 2016 06:27 PM
Once a person has been discharged , how long is the procces to be out of training?
How many days? And can he/she change his/her decision?
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
13 Feb 2016 09:15 PM
If they are being discharged, they don't have any mind to change. The CG had said bye bye. In some cases they can reapply but it depends upon the reason for the discharge. If the recruit quit, it isn't absolute but it is pretty close to 99% never going to get back in.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Layne17

--
16 May 2017 09:28 PM
You're so informative so I wanted to get your opinion. I got a call from my friend in boot camp tonight I'm thinking the call will be about this orders instead it was to tell me he is being discharged! 😔 He went on to say he would have to stay there 2-3 weeks after his graduation date which was set for June 9th. Why does he have to stay if he is being discharged?  He sounded so sad and I tried to encourage him to stay but his mind is made up. Also he said he is somewhere different now and he can call daily he somewhere different from his company. Can you maybe help me figure out what he has done. I feel like he just quit 😔
Trusted Member
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
mkelly

--
16 May 2017 10:16 PM
Anything we would say is just speculation because we don't have many facts. The only reason I've heard of anybody staying after a graduation date is due to injury. They typically won't release you until you are healed. If this is the case, he will get paid until his very last day. That is what comes to the top of my head when I read your question.
Layne17

--
17 May 2017 06:06 AM
Thank you for the reply. I wondered why they would make him stay. He says he got into it with his CC but you know right now emotions are very high and everything probably isn't being told. I received the call around 8:36p last night and showed from Wildwood NJ. To make it to week 5 is an accomplishment I wish he would stay even though whatever he has went through I tried to tell him this isn't anything personal it's making you grow up and tackle things. Just really hate it from him....thanks for your response he told me to continue writing letters but now I don't have a clue where to send them he says he will call again tonight.
Trusted Member
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
mkelly

--
17 May 2017 09:03 AM
I can't think of any reason you should really get into it with your CC. I have no clue what may have happened or why they would be making him stay late. Anybody in my company that was disruptive was removed and sent home pretty quickly. Good luck with everything.
Layne17

--
17 May 2017 10:26 AM
Yea, who knows but thanks for trying to help me.  Maybe he just decided it wasn't for him and is leaving..
Onsgirl71

--
02 Jun 2017 03:08 PM
My son completed week 4 and was just sent home for joking around about getting a red belt right before graduation and was overheard by an instructor...my son do amazing physically and academics... they stated he needs to speak to his recruiter about getting a waiver to get back into bootcamp...what happens at this point? HELP!
Trusted Member
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
mkelly

--
04 Jun 2017 10:22 PM
Whats a red belt? I'm sure there is more to the story than just joking around once. What happens next is he is given a code on his discharge papers and it really depends on what code they use as to when and if he can reapply. It also depends on if a recruiter wants to take another chance on him.
sako_hopar

--
08 Jul 2017 01:22 AM
Posted By mkelly on 04 Jun 2017 11:22 PM
Whats a red belt? I'm sure there is more to the story than just joking around once. What happens next is he is given a code on his discharge papers and it really depends on what code they use as to when and if he can reapply. It also depends on if a recruiter wants to take another chance on him.

Parents want to always believe their kids, but there has got to be something deeper and more than just joking about getting a red belt.
tbmth33

--
03 Aug 2017 08:36 AM
My cousin was injured while performing his first physical fitness assessment (torn acl) he got up during the run and pressed on, but missed it by over 5 mins. He then tried to push past it and made 2nd attempt of the PFA on Monday, nevertheless, his knee injury was too much, couldn't even complete in 15 mins (he ran the 1.5 sub 10min prior to camp) He chose not to be treated at base and he was R3 discharged, shipped home on Friday. It appears that not taking treatment on base was a big mistake, he's coded as pfa failure, "possible" re-enlist in 6 months. This doesn't make sense to me? what is the protocol for sustaining an injury during the pfa which prevents you from passing? what are options from here to get back in?
Basic Member
Basic Member
jdhusker

--
05 Aug 2017 02:34 PM
If you get injured in boot camp don't hide it or press on! The people who got injured in my company were just stuck at cape May in RHE until they healed and could complete the training. But a torn acl is a serious injury that requires a lot of healing time so it doesn't make sense to keep your cousin there. So the option is to try to reenlist again after the 6 months.
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
05 Aug 2017 09:25 PM
Why would be refuse care at Cape May? That's the best place to get care. Probably not the smartest decision.
Sector NY, Staten Island
Madmark22

--
03 Apr 2019 09:13 AM
What type of forms do you fill out once you initially get to boot camp itself during that first Tuesday night, and the following days of forming week??
reiss_pieces11

--
07 Apr 2019 05:21 AM
Madmark22, I noticed you already posted this in General Questions. Please only post once. If you need an immediate answer you can “bump” your other question politely. Some people on this forum that would have your answers are busy working. Also, this question does not pertain to being discharged in boot camp. Thanks.
Keep Calm and Love a Coastie!
jkehrer1

--
13 Jun 2019 01:06 PM
Question: My kid left for USCG bootcamp 3 weeks ago and we received a call last week that he was in RHE for a possible separated shoulder (they believe). I guess based on the doctor, he either gets discharged or heals and gets reverted...his appointment with the base doctor was yesterday. How long before we find out if he's getting discharged or reverted? Its a parent thing, not knowing is killing us.

Thanks
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement