Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Papa 186
Last Post 14 May 2012 10:50 AM by Abaker. 22 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
hannah1443

--
16 Apr 2012 06:25 PM
    My husband is in Papa 186 any other family members out there? Would love to chat! Anxiously awaiting June 1st!
    GuardianSpouse

--
    16 Apr 2012 07:23 PM
    My husband works at TRACEN Cape May. Your husband just finished what they call indoc weekend. You are officially in week 2. Let us know if you have any questions. We are happy to help.
    ~Tiffany
    SuperProudCGMom

--
    16 Apr 2012 08:09 PM
    Hannah, join USCG Papa 186 on Facebook. Also, USCG Moms is a great page too. My son is Oscar 186. I've received great support and follow my recruit with these mom's, wives and parents. Good luck to your husband.
    ProudCGMom
    hannah1443

--
    16 Apr 2012 08:26 PM
    Thanks so much for the responses! I'm addicted to this website, I'm learning SO much. I did request to join the Facebook page, but have yet to be accepted. I'm sure I will be by tomorrow (hopefully). I'm happy we officially have one week down!
    mariewallace

--
    17 Apr 2012 02:18 PM
    Hi Hannah! My daughter is in Papa 186...
    We live all the way in Idaho, so I won't get as much communication. I think it takes 5 days!

BTW, I joined the group on FB...hope to see you there...we can chat if you like
    hannah1443

--
    24 Apr 2012 07:42 AM
    I hope everyone enjoyed those journal entries yesterday! I know I did!
    det1967

--
    26 Apr 2012 11:31 AM
    Hi folks. My name is Danny and my daughter Brianna is in Papa 186. Just got her first letter today. We live just outside the St. Louis area. Didn't think I could miss her so much in only two weeks time.
    If you pray, please pray for ours and we'll pray for yours. Is there a link to the FB forum?
    BrittVelaz11

--
    26 Apr 2012 12:01 PM
    Hi everyone! My name is Brittney and my husband is in Papa 186. How long does it takes to get the first letter? I haven't recieved one yet. I'm hoping to get one in the next day or two. We are from Florida.
    det1967

--
    26 Apr 2012 12:15 PM
    My daughter's letter was postmarked on the 23rd, so I guess they wrote them Sunday and mailed Monday. You should get a letter soon. She mentioned in hers that she had VERY little free time. I think these first few weeks are mayhem for the recruits. I have been so stressed just thinking about it.
    BrittVelaz11

--
    26 Apr 2012 01:41 PM
    Me too!!!!! We are all going through the same things. I'm happy to be able to talk to you all because we all could relate so much.
    det1967

--
    26 Apr 2012 01:49 PM
    Yeah, we tried to be as supportive as possible in the lead up to her going to boot camp but deep down I was so scared for her. I knew it was going to be so much harder than she could have ever imagined, even though she worked her butt off physically and mentally getting herself prepared. Hang in there, phone privileges in week five I think.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    26 Apr 2012 05:47 PM
    No doubt it will be one of the hardest things she has done in her life up to now. But when she looks back it will be the best 8 weeks, too. Week 5 is a simple, quick, informative phone call. It is not a social call. So when that call comes be sure to have paper and pencil ready and mostly listen!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    det1967

--
    26 Apr 2012 06:39 PM
    Thanks for that information. I really appreciate it.
    BrittVelaz11

--
    26 Apr 2012 06:55 PM
    yayyyyyy!!! I got my first letter today. In the 5th week, do they call on the weekend or through the week? I want to make sure My phone is attached to my hip. How quick do things happen after graduation? We are newlyweds and I am extremely excited and nervous at the same?
    GuardianSpouse

--
    27 Apr 2012 05:10 AM
    The recruits usually get their orders on Thursday of Week 5. If there is time in the evening on Thurs or Fri (they have very busy schedules) they will start the calls then. Otherwise it will be during the weekend. The calls happen whenever the CC's can fit them into the schedule. Sometimes the calls start as early as 0545 Sat morning. Calls will end at 2200 (10pm) when lights out.
    After graduation the graduates are free to go. Make sure you take the time to get a tour. You may never be back to TRACEN Cape May. The graduates are anxious to leave so his feet may be moving quick just to get in the car and go : )
    det1967

--
    27 Apr 2012 10:31 AM
    If a recruit is stationed somewhere like Hawaii, will they just fly directly there from Cape May? Or will they come home, make moving arrangements, and fly out. Another question. Are their living arrangements set up before they reach where they are stationed, or do they stay on base for a time while setting up their living arrangements? Any help would be much appreciated. Feel free to PM if necessary.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    27 Apr 2012 10:51 PM
    Unless your recruit is needed at his unti immediately, it does happen on occassion but it isn't common. So even if it is Hawaii, he will probably get his leave. That is a 99% guarantee. moving arrangements will be made while in boot camp. Living arrangements are sometimes decided prior to shipping, they decide he will live on board ship or in the barracks, arrangements made. If he is at a station that requires him to live on the economy, then he will be given some house hunting time to look for a place.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    IdahoMom

--
    30 Apr 2012 07:23 PM
    Hi everyone, My name is Lisa and my son is in Papa 186. I am new to using a forum but I am excited to have the opportunity to meet others with relatives in P-186. I have also added the links suggested on the FB page.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    30 Apr 2012 10:33 PM
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGMoms/ USCG Moms

http://www.facebook.com/groups/159648550828430/ USCG Mamas and Grandmas

http://www.facebook.com/groups/322883357746747/ US Coast Guard Support Page

http://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGParentsandfamily/ USCG Parents, Families and Friends

http://www.facebook.com/groups/137725606356651/ Coast Guard Fathers, Husbands and Fiances

http://www.facebook.com/groups/coastiewivesandgirlfriends/ Coastie Wives and Girlfriends

Just a sampling of available Facebook pages for you ....find your best fit. Some are tightly focused and administrated, some are very casual with lots of off-topic chat and sharing. They are closed groups. When you request to join a page, send a message to an admin describing your relationship to your coastie or recruit.

Check your messages, including the folder labeled 'Other' when you are waiting for a response. Between this forum and the FB pages, no one needs to feel alone, or go without information. Welcome.
    BrittVelaz11

--
    03 May 2012 12:26 PM
    Hi guys! I was wondering how many times will my husband be paid while in boot camp?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 May 2012 02:10 PM
    Paydays are the 1st and the 15th. When he will get his FIRST check, unless he has already, it is hard to estimate. My son started on February 17th, 2009. His first check was there on March 1st. But that can sometimes be delayed and you could go past the first pay cycle. Had he not been paid on the 1st. the check on March 15th would have been a complete 2 weeks (3/1-3/14) and the February money that was not paid on the 1st. So if he got his check this week, it will be the 15th and 1st, 15th and 1st... until he decides to get out of the CG or they change the pay dates.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    BrittVelaz11

--
    03 May 2012 02:53 PM
    Thank you soo much! ;-)
    Abaker

--
    14 May 2012 10:50 AM
    Hello all I'm Annie and my boyfried is in Papa 186. I very excited to talk to people who have family also in P-186. I receved my first and second letter together this week but I live in Monatan so slow mail is expected. Thankfully June 1st is getting ever closer.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement