Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
QUEBEC - 186 ( Ship date Apr 17 - Graduation Jun 8 )
Last Post 10 Jun 2012 02:20 PM by danielumoore86. 26 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
MRLANCESITE

--
18 Apr 2012 08:48 AM
    Hello , my name is Lance and my daughter Kaitlyn is in this company . We are from Portland , Oregon . Maybe this is the place to bounce around questions and concerns regarding our loved ones . Seems like a great spot and the Mods are terrific with help . I feel this is a great resource for us to tackle any fears and conquer some emotion . For me , this is the first we have been apart . She's my buddy !!
    Bound4KY

--
    18 Apr 2012 12:07 PM
    Hi, my name is Jan and my daughter Aly is also in this company. We are from Virginia Beach.
    MRLANCESITE

--
    18 Apr 2012 12:34 PM
    Hey Jan nice to meet you . Thanks for the introduction .
    Bound4KY

--
    21 Apr 2012 04:50 AM
    Has anyone heard when they will start the fb page for this company? I sent the emails to join the parents and family group and the USCG moms group but haven't been added yet. Does anyone know how long that normally takes? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    klatchison

--
    21 Apr 2012 07:23 AM
    Hello. My name is Kara and my two sons shipped out on April 17 from Miami. Kassidy is 19 and Nikolas is 23. So happy that they were able to go together. Im anxious to know how they are doing.

Bound4KY

--
    21 Apr 2012 08:19 AM
    Hi Kara, that is great they got to go together. I too am anxious on how they are all doing. As close as I can figure they should have finished their forming week yesterday and got their cc's last night. I am sure they will be busy today.
    MRLANCESITE

--
    21 Apr 2012 12:08 PM
    Hi everyone , Hope all is well for parents and loved ones . If anyone gets new info please post it . Im sure we can all use as much as possible , thanks --------------------- Lance
    Bound4KY

--
    21 Apr 2012 03:11 PM
    My daughter sent her husband a copy of sea legs and it came in the mail today. There was a form letter in it saying she was in Q186. The copy of sea legs will help him understand some of the acronyms she will be using.
    klatchison

--
    21 Apr 2012 04:23 PM
    Does anyone have the mailing address?
    Bound4KY

--
    21 Apr 2012 05:13 PM
    SR NAME
    Q 186 Healy Hall
    1 Munro Ave.
    Cape May, NJ 08204-5083

Let me know if you need anything. I will try to help you find it.
    klatchison

--
    21 Apr 2012 07:40 PM
    Thank you!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    21 Apr 2012 07:56 PM
    If you have requested to join a closed FB group and haven't heard back yet, make sure to check your "Other" folder when you click on "Messages".
    When someone you are not friends with and haven't messaged with before sends you a message, that's usually where it goes....You may already have an answer!
    MRLANCESITE

--
    21 Apr 2012 08:42 PM
    I recieved a letter today from the CO . Basically a form letter giving the mailing address , company , graduation date , etc . I was all excited to get mail even if it didn't have her nice writing in it . I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful caring daughter . She is a great young lady with a huge heart . She probably doesn't have too good of thoughts about me right now . She's probably wondering why she listened to my crazy thoughts about honor , integrity , respect for self . I hope all the young people in Q186 are hanging in there !!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    21 Apr 2012 09:00 PM
    She might be thinking "I'm never listening to him again!" right about now but in 7 weeks... best decision of her life!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Bound4KY

--
    21 Apr 2012 09:47 PM
    Thanks for the advise on checking the other folder in messages. Did that, nothing there! I will keep waiting.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    21 Apr 2012 10:09 PM
    If you don't hear anything, send another request. Like anywhere mods are human and possibly on the facebook pages a message was missed. It does happen, it is never intentional.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Bound4KY

--
    22 Apr 2012 02:54 AM
    I was added to the Parents, Friends and Family site. I resent the request for CG Moms, finally figured out I wasn't doing it right.
    SuperProudCGMom

--
    23 Apr 2012 12:35 PM
    look up USCG Quebec 186 on Facebook. Great support for parents, wives, girlfriends etc.....
    ProudCGMom
    kora

--
    23 Apr 2012 10:13 PM
    Lance, I believe I met your daughter Kaitlyn last week. She flew out of PDX with my husband Dan last Tuesday morning. I met the group at the airport and saw them off... Had a couple extra minutes to talk with her and another recruit when they got stuck behind for a few minutes since they didn't have seat assignments on their tickets. The group of recruits from Oregon all seemed like really nice people! I know letters my be sparse from my husband but I'm really looking forward to hearing about their experiences!
    I was hoping I might be able to track down some other family from Oregon with a loved one in the same company...I'm curious about what your travel plans for graduation will be when the time comes (I hear you're supposed wait till closer to time to make arrangements). I'd love to go but the prospect of getting on a plane for a "quick trip" to the East coast all by myself with my one year old daughter is little daunting! Thanks all for the tips on finding the facebook groups! I'm hanging in there by holding on to sweet smiles from our little one and the knowledge that my husband is doing something good for himself, our family and our country!
    MRLANCESITE

--
    25 Apr 2012 11:46 PM
    Hey Kora , no worries . I can probably help with the daunting challenge . I will be making that trip and if I can be of any help just let me know . I think it's 44 days now . I will be scoping airfare and such the next couple weeks . I will let you know if I find the sweetheart deal . I'm glad you saw them off . They are in a great spot , well , maybe not this week !!
    hurricane 175

--
    29 Apr 2012 11:45 AM
    Hello,
    My son Logan is in this unit and I received my first letter from him on Friday. It was two sentences, "I love you guys. write me." As you can guess I am anxious to receive a little more information. We are from Mountain City, TN and I am glad to have found this site to talk with other parents.
    MrsC

--
    29 Apr 2012 12:09 PM
    My husband is also in this unit. We are from Oregon!
    hurricane 175

--
    29 Apr 2012 03:28 PM
    What part of Oregon? I have a lot of family in The Dalles.
    MrsC

--
    29 Apr 2012 09:55 PM
    Portland
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    30 Apr 2012 10:38 PM
    30 Apr 2012 08:33 PM Quote Reply Alert
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGMoms/ USCG Moms

http://www.facebook.com/groups/159648550828430/ USCG Mamas and Grandmas

http://www.facebook.com/groups/322883357746747/ US Coast Guard Support Page

http://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGParentsandfamily/ USCG Parents, Families and Friends

http://www.facebook.com/groups/137725606356651/ Coast Guard Fathers, Husbands and Fiances

http://www.facebook.com/groups/coastiewivesandgirlfriends/ Coastie Wives and Girlfriends

Just a sampling of available Facebook pages for you, in addition to the company page ....find your best fit. Some are tightly focused and administrated, some are very casual with lots of off-topic chat and sharing. They are closed groups. When you request to join a page, send a message to an admin describing your relationship to your coastie or recruit.

Check your messages, including the folder labeled 'Other' when you are waiting for a response. No need for anyone to feel alone or go without an answer to a question, between this forum and the FB pages.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    LauraDK

--
    17 May 2012 08:59 AM
    Hello parents of Quebec 186.
    I was recently of India 186 and I had the same Lead Company Commander as Quebec has now, Chief Bruner. I do not know who the other CC's are.
    To be honest, he probably has the highest standards of any of the CC's at Cape May. He was in the Honor Guard and runs a very tight ship. But he's truly among the best. So you can take pride that they will come out of Boot Camp ready to tackle the real CG world in stride. Sunday's will probably be the only time for a while they'll have to write all of you, so be patient and you'll be rewarded.
    Also, around week 5 or 6 you'll be getting a VERY SCRIPTED call from your son or daughter telling you where they're gonna be stationed. They cant talk long and you're going to want to hear their voices for hours, but theres a line behind them and they need to be professional. So again, be patient and hopefully they'll be able to call you for real when they get on base liberty in late week 6/early week 7.
    Best of luck to you all, your kids are in good hands.
    "Zombieland Rule #32- Enjoy the little things."
    danielumoore86

--
    10 Jun 2012 02:20 PM
    I just graduated from Quebec-186 and I couldn't agree more. Chief Bruner made an amazing lead company commander, he was very firm but also fair. I have nothing but good things to say about that man and how he ran our company!
    CGC Rush - Honolulu, HI
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement