Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Compression shorts?
Last Post 27 Jun 2016 07:42 AM by Ljcalimano. 25 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
colson54

--
23 Apr 2012 06:12 PM
    I was just wondering if we're allowed to wear compression shorts during boot camp? You can buy them in white and they would be perfect for PT during august and september (this is the time i'll be there). Anybody know?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    srf13

--
    23 Apr 2012 06:21 PM
    Back when I was a kid... we called it Spandex. Just saying.
    I have nothing constructive to offer here though.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    23 Apr 2012 07:04 PM
    You can wear whatever is comfortable as long as they're white.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    23 Apr 2012 08:05 PM
    Many people wear boxer briefs because they are great from keeping chaffing down
    colson54

--
    23 Apr 2012 10:49 PM
    I wore compression shorts all through high school for sports and they were awesome. I was just wondering if they were allowed.
    Ryanpann

--
    23 Apr 2012 11:42 PM
    Colson are you going to boot this summer? I was wondering the same thing but scared the heat mixed with the spandex will be a sweaty disaster:/
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Kchan

--
    24 Apr 2012 12:05 AM
    Posted By Gears on 23 Apr 2012 08:04 PM
    I wouldn't go that far. Imagine a coastie recruit went to bootcamp with adult diapers or something horrible like and say "But Gears, a trusted member of the coast guard forum said I could wear whatever is comfortable as long as their white company commander!"
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Browns24

--
    24 Apr 2012 05:33 AM
    With a little common sense, you can wear whats comfortable as long as they are white..... better?
    sandeky5

--
    24 Apr 2012 06:08 AM
    I don't think they will let you because a guy tried doing it in our company and during his rack inspection, our CC saw them in there and gave him crap for it lol
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Apr 2012 07:15 AM
    Gave him crap and not allowed... 2 different things. Please clarify if they were actually taken away or if someone was just pointed at and laughed at.

Gears went through boot wearing his white assless chaps. He was every CC's hero! HAHA
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    24 Apr 2012 08:50 AM
    Gears went through boot wearing his white assless chaps. He was every CC's hero! HAHA

I was the first and last recruit to do so. I can't understand why it didn't catch on.

Kchan.. If someone thinks "wear whatever your comfortable as long as their white," implies adult diapers then blames me for it. I'm sure they'll be held accountable for not using common sense and not taking responsibility for thier own actions. Also, that person would be an idiot.

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Apr 2012 09:23 AM
    You broke the mold Gears! There is only one like you!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Lance6

--
    24 Apr 2012 12:00 PM
    +1 OG haha
    colson54

--
    24 Apr 2012 12:29 PM
    Posted By Ryanpann on 24 Apr 2012 12:42 AM
    Colson are you going to boot this summer? I was wondering the same thing but scared the heat mixed with the spandex will be a sweaty disaster:/

Yes I leave for basic on july 24th. But the amazing thing about spandex is they keep you drier than boxer briefs! lol. Thats why they saved my life during both football and wrestling.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    24 Apr 2012 06:33 PM
    Posted By Kchan on 24 Apr 2012 01:05 AM
    Posted By Gears on 23 Apr 2012 08:04 PM
    I wouldn't go that far. Imagine a coastie recruit went to bootcamp with adult diapers or something horrible like and say "But Gears, a trusted member of the coast guard forum said I could wear whatever is comfortable as long as their white company commander!"

Nobody else was going that far. We tend to recruit people wih a decent amount of common sense. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    vincit qui se vincit

--
    19 Jul 2015 07:16 AM
    I quote from the Helmsman "Plain black compression shorts, inseam no greater than 4”, does it has to be strictly no greater than 4'' ? Because that's usually the size for women volleyball compression short, I haven't found 4" for men.
    "He conquers who conquers himself."
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ejhcougar

--
    19 Jul 2015 09:59 AM
    I could be wrong, but I doubt anyone is going to measure the inseam of your underwear. As long as it isn't a fashion statement you should be ok.
    modernwarfare

--
    19 Jul 2015 10:18 AM
    They sell compression shorts at the exchange or you can bring your own. One girl had some that went to about her knee. one time she was wearing them to an off base run and the CC asked her if they made her run faster haha.
    vincit qui se vincit

--
    19 Jul 2015 04:53 PM
    Ejhcougar and modernwarfare thanks for your response.
    "He conquers who conquers himself."
    Whitlow513

--
    24 Jul 2015 10:05 PM
    hi there. my wife in basic now and she has black compression shorts no longer than 4" long. she even tried to buy boys underwear in a medium since you get three to a pack and they're cheaper. it all works . definitely cuts down on the chaffing. jc penney also sells them for about 15 a pair. saves your thighs, thats for sure.
    cardintr

--
    27 Jul 2015 08:59 AM
    Thanks I got my answer on FB
    ConsMom

--
    29 Jul 2015 08:41 AM
    Okay..I'm confused. Do they need to be white - or can they be black?
    cardintr

--
    29 Jul 2015 08:56 AM
    We figured out on the FB Bootcamp Support page that some of our recruits have an older version of the Helmsman that doesn't list the compression shorts as an item that you can bring. Someone took a photo of their Helmsman and posted it for us to see, it says; "Plain black compression shorts, inseam no greater than 4”" at the bottom of the list. One mom mentioned that her son had the old book that doesn't list this and the new book that does. It can also be found online on the USCG page. My son will be bringing white underwear and a few pairs of black compression shorts.
    COBrien

--
    31 Jul 2015 04:23 AM
    compression shorts have to be WHITE, and they just cant be seen anymore than regular white briefs would be while wearing pt shorts
    Rolandg0987

--
    25 Jun 2016 07:35 AM
    The helmsmen says black, on here it seems to be white? What's the final call on this?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ljcalimano

--
    27 Jun 2016 07:42 AM
    Its really up to your CC. When I reported, I took all white and some other shipmates had black. One CC said "I don't care about your underwear, just wear them," while they were doing inspections the first night.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement