Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
My wife is pregnant!
Last Post 17 May 2012 05:58 AM by Browns24. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
colson54

--
26 Apr 2012 03:12 PM
    So two days go i found out my wife is pregnant! Happened a lot sooner than planned but we're both very excited! Freaking out but excited. LOL. But i jsut want to know what its gonna be like being a father that is in the coast guard? This is gonna be our first child so we're both kind of in the dark. Any advice, tips, ANYTHING would be helpful!
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    26 Apr 2012 03:22 PM
    Congrats...
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    26 Apr 2012 03:35 PM
    Many congratulations! It generally does happen when we least expect it! But that is the best kind of a surprise.

As far as being a dad in the military... You are going to miss a lot. But the time spent together is really wonderful. You will learn to celebrate Christmas a week before Thanksgiving. Birthdays will be celebrated at half year mark instead of year mark. Halloween parades at schools will be digital pictures to you while underway. But the hugs & kisses when you reach dock back at home will be the best you've ever gotten!! The opportunities to show your child the whole country with transfers is better than any education in school. There will be days that will be hard, there are going to be far more that will be very rewarding.

So you have the right to be nervous and excited and worried... but it will all fall into place and you'll wonder why did I worry about that??? I have a 14 year old son that is wrestling or a 16 year old daughter that just got her license or like myself a 23 year old in A school and experiencing the CG world himself! So it is all what you make of it.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    26 Apr 2012 04:46 PM
    Is this your first child?
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    26 Apr 2012 04:50 PM
    Cooch... yep, read the whole post. LOL
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Kchan

--
    26 Apr 2012 04:55 PM
    Wow big congrats! You are going through 2 big things in your life. How exciting! I just wanted to say congrats though even though I don't have any advice since I am not a dad, but I am sure other members can chime in.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    26 Apr 2012 05:24 PM
    I never read entire posts. I just skim lol.
    colson54

--
    26 Apr 2012 05:24 PM
    Yeah we definately have a whole lot going on this year. I leave for basic on the 24th of july, my wife is pregnant, and we have our first anniversary on the 24th of june. oh and i turn 21 in august, too bad i'll be in basic lol
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    26 Apr 2012 05:28 PM
    I feel your pain. Left for boot camp the day after we got married. Already had a son that was less than two months old. It was tough, but it's the best decision for your family, at least it was for mine. 13 years later, still no regrets.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    26 Apr 2012 06:33 PM
    CONGRATS!!

And to add to what OG said in her first post, kids believe everything! My parents had (still do?) me convinced that Santa Claus came early to children of firefighters and police officers that had to work Christmas. It made sure he got all those presents delivered, because everyone in 1 day was hard! I'm pretty sure he does similar for military kids. And how cool is that? Opening all your presents - EARLY!!! So even though my dad was gone every third Christmas, it never felt like it.

And you will always be gone when something major happens, like a huge storm that breaks the front windows, or the washing machine hose breaks and soaks EVERYTHING in the garage. But it will make your wife a stronger person, which will make for some pretty tough kids because they have these great role models.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    colson54

--
    26 Apr 2012 07:12 PM
    Thanks everyone! And i know what you mean FG. I'm still terrified of the fog because my sisters convinced me there are evil fog pirates the hide in it and kidnap people. Lol. But we are both very excited. Hopefully we'll be having our first appointment next week. If desired i can keep everyone updated on how its going. And as always, we are open for any tips or words of wisdom from fellow coasties!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    janelleyfish

--
    26 Apr 2012 07:17 PM
    I have no pearls of wisdom about being a parent (since I'm not one), but I just wanted to say "congratulations!"
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    26 Apr 2012 11:06 PM
    Of course keep us updated!!! We are happy to follow along and offer bits & pieces & stories as we go!

And Florida is SOOO right... every good story a military wife has starts with "And my husband was away when......" But it sure does make you one heck of a strong wife!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    colson54

--
    14 May 2012 05:18 PM
    So update on the pregnancy! We went in for the first doctors appointment today and everything is looking really good! My wife is 7 weeks 4 days along and feelin good! her due date is December 27 so it's gonna be a christmas baby! Sad thing is I'll be in boot camp when we find out what it is going to be sad day. But it just all seems so real and crazy now that we've been to the doctor! We are definately excited though! We see the doc again in 4 weeks so i'll let you all know how that goes! Til next time!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 May 2012 05:48 PM
    That is excellent news! Congratulations! You don't need to find out what it is ... it is a baby. You have a 50/50 chance of it being a boy or a girl. We didn't find out, we didn't want to. The anticipation waiting for the baby to be born, arguing (jokingly) about baby names coming up with the goofiest combination to the most sincere. I have never been a fan of finding out. That is one of those things you can just have fun with and guess at for 9 months! Enjoy it and play with it! But that is fantastic news!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    14 May 2012 10:12 PM
    That is awesome for you two...I hear Macie is an fantastic name :-)
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Browns24

--
    17 May 2012 05:58 AM
    Gongrats. Being a father is the absolute produest moment of my life. Enjoy the mood swings, swollen foot rubs and back pain massages...
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement