Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Anyone here own a survival strap?
Last Post 05 May 2012 09:24 PM by Cooch. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
colson54

--
04 May 2012 01:14 PM
    Hey anyone own a survival strap? I've been thinking about getting a coast guard one and I think it'd be cool to see who else owns one!
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    04 May 2012 03:57 PM
    Yep, I own one. It hasn't saved my life yet, but it looks cool.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    04 May 2012 05:05 PM
    I have one too. My husband actually made it for me haha. I don't like things on my wrists, so I leave it on my keys. He freaked out once when I left it at home.

He worries too much...
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    04 May 2012 05:19 PM
    ok for us uninformed parents what is a survival strap?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Kchan

--
    04 May 2012 05:42 PM
    a survival strap is basically parachord or parachute cording that is  fashioned into a woven bracelet. It is very useful because in survival situations, you can just cut the bracelet, unravel it and use the cord to do whatever you need to like secure things, tie things to make survival shelters etc. I also heard that the original paracord braclets were basically friendship/comrade bracelet given from one soldier/military personnel to another. I heard the friendship bit from a few people but can never find a true legitimate source of information to verify.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    04 May 2012 07:09 PM
    All the services are represented which I like.

http://www.survivalstraps.com/
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    colson54

--
    04 May 2012 07:20 PM
    Sure are! I thought it was awesome seeing they had CG ones cuz you never see coast guard anything! Unless i just don't know where to look. LOL
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    04 May 2012 07:28 PM
    CG stuff is out there, but yeah, we get forgotten more often than not.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    04 May 2012 11:14 PM
    Didn know those had a name. I have one in the exact same CG colors, but I made it myself. My fancy work looks better than theirs. I like the clip though. I should have patented that thing.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    05 May 2012 07:35 AM
    My fancy work skills are limited to wrapping stuff in half hitches.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MasterGuns2077

--
    05 May 2012 03:17 PM
    Posted By Gears on 05 May 2012 08:35 AM
    If you can't tie a knot, tie a lot.
    -My BM1

Your passion for what you do will set you free.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    05 May 2012 04:12 PM
    Wise words.. But, this MK can tie a mean bowline.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    05 May 2012 09:19 PM
    I got the granny knot down, pretty good :-) I leave the knot tying to the rescue guys.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    05 May 2012 09:24 PM
    Posted By MasterGuns2077 on 05 May 2012 04:17 PM
    Posted By Gears on 05 May 2012 08:35 AM
    If you can't tie a knot, tie a lot.
    -My BM1

BM's often throw this phrase around.  I imagine it's because they don't posess any other skills, and it hurts their feelings when others tie better knots than them.

You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement