Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
May 8th Ship Date - Tango 186
Last Post 06 Jun 2012 03:35 PM by MaineUSCGMom. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
MaineUSCGMom

--
14 May 2012 12:41 PM
    My daughter shipped out May 8th from Maine - bootcamp company T-186. Looking for others to keep in touch with during this next 7 weeks!
    Exciting time for all!!
    dti

--
    14 May 2012 02:43 PM
    Our son shipped out of Chicago on May 8th and also is in T-186.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    14 May 2012 04:27 PM
    Welcome aboard to both of you. Congratulations on the ship date for your kids. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask. No question is too silly, we are happy to help.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    NavanaxWifee

--
    14 May 2012 09:23 PM
    My husband shipped out of Charlotte on May 8th. I'm glad a forum has started for them!
    MaineUSCGMom

--
    15 May 2012 06:11 PM
    If you havent yet....join the Facebook company page. A lot of family members meeting there!! The moderator is doing an awesome job of posting every day....even if it is just a count down of days!! :>
    Trish N

--
    18 May 2012 09:22 AM
    Hey!
    My daughter also shipped out on May 8th from Raleigh NC. As the Mom of two military daughters, ( yes, two...lucky me) I am really happy to find this site. When my other daughter was in boot camp with the Army, there was a facebook page that kept everyone up to date. It's so nice to have contact with others who are going through the same experiences!
    Congratulations to us all for having such brave loved ones willing to serve our country!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    18 May 2012 09:42 AM
    Welcome aboard Trish. Congratulations on having 2 military girls! That is terrific. If you have any Coastie questions, it is amazing the different terminology for exactly the same thing between the services, please let us know. We will be happy to help.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trish N

--
    23 May 2012 08:31 PM
    Where is the facebook page? I have found the weekly journal entry but can't find the FB page.
    MaineUSCGMom

--
    28 May 2012 05:33 PM
    Hi Trish. Just search for USCG Tango 186. It should bring you right to the page. You will have to request to be added.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    30 May 2012 09:46 AM
    Tango's page:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/184390505014087/

Try these too
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/322883357746747/ US Coast Guard Support Page
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGMoms/ USCG Moms
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGMoms/#!/ourmominneed Mom in Need Fund
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/USCGParentsandfamily/ USCG Parents, Friends and Family
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/159648550828430/ USCG Moms and Grandmas
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/137725606356651/ Coast Guard Fathers, Husbands and Fiances

There are probably more groups out there, too. All are a little differently targeted; some are very casual with lots of off-topic chat and support and others are quite closely moderated. Check them out. Find your fit.
    MattAlbertson

--
    31 May 2012 11:37 PM
    How exciting to find this forum! Looking forward to joining the FB group.

My wife's little brother, my brother in-law, is part of this company. We learned in the first letter home that he's been made part of the marching band and the Safety and Supply Officer for the company. Not sure exactly how all that is determined, but it was neat to hear.

My wife and I are planning our trip out East from Washington State to indulge in the graduation ceremony and looking forward to hearing lots of boot camp stories. I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times before, but here it goes. Anyone know if they're able to come off base with us right after the ceremony, or do they have to wait to leave base until Saturday when leave officially begins?
    GuardianSpouse

--
    01 Jun 2012 05:05 AM
    They are free to go right after graduation (about 12pm) and getting outside of "the gate" is exactly what he will want to do lol. Right after grad the CC's will stick around to meet the families and take some pictures. Make sure he takes the time to give you a tour, see the station, go to the exchange for shopping and such. Graduation is so special, you will be so glad that you are spending the time and money to come. Please don't hesitate with any questions about what they do in bootcamp travel questions for yourself or anything else you can think of.
    MattAlbertson

--
    02 Jun 2012 02:33 PM
    Wonderful! Thank you for the great information!
    siobhan1938

--
    06 Jun 2012 10:03 AM
    Hi! My son is in Tango 186, and we are from upstate NY. I miss him terribly but know that he is exactly where he belongs and in great hands. He is so excited about all that he is learning!! Not excited about haveing 4 wisdom teeth pulled ! To all you fellow proud Coastie moms, only 23 days to go before we get to see our awesome Young men/women. Go Tango!!
    Shivaun Schulte
    MaineUSCGMom

--
    06 Jun 2012 03:35 PM
    Welcome Shivaun! Yes....its getting closer...we can't wait to hear where our daughter is going!
    My husband is from upstate NY....near Watertown. Anywhere near you?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement