Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Uniform-186
Last Post 09 Jun 2012 11:43 AM by GuardianSpouse. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Alain

--
23 May 2012 07:38 AM
    Hi I wanted to create this forum so we can exchange information regarding our recruits.

If you are interested in following uniform- 186 or have questions, these links may help:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/201417386635631/

http://www.tracencapemay.uscgnews.c...763/476815

Alain
    GuardianSpouse

--
    23 May 2012 10:29 AM
    My husband is the Section Commander for Uniform 186 and I am the Lead Guardian Spouse here in Cape May. It is my role to help spouses with the transition to military life. If I can be of any assitance please don't hesitate to ask.

~Tiffany
    GuardianSpouse

--
    23 May 2012 11:38 AM
    Wow my computer seems to have been extra motivated this morning. Sorry everyone

I got you covered, Tiffany.
    Macie
    smerfin

--
    29 May 2012 09:25 PM
    Thank ya'll so very much! I am a spouse of one of the recruits in Uniform-186 and all of this is so new to me. I really had no idea what to expect. I can honestly say, I didn't expect any of what im going through. He told me before he arrived that I would be getting a phone call from him in 5 weeks... does meps count as a week? All this time I thought he was leaving for 8 weeks then I find out its 7 weeks... I really dont know when he is going to call. I really don't want to miss it.
    GuardianSpouse

--
    30 May 2012 04:53 AM
    Uniform started Week 3 this past Monday (Memorial Day). You should expect a call between Thursday and Sunday of Week 5.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 May 2012 11:14 AM
    Smerfin, you should start thinking about the call somewhere between June 14th to the 18th. It will probably be on the 16th, most calls are Saturday. They can start as early as Thursday and last until Tuesday, depends how large the company is & when the CC's give them the ok to start calling. He will sound strange, even hoarse, professional, not talkative and fun. This is a call for informational purposes. So it will be very quick, be prepared to listen, write find all that you can, get in a quick I love you and then check in with us. We can help you with answers about your new assignment.

Hang in there. It will start moving a bit quicker and before you know it this part will be behind you. Then onto the next adventure and know he will never have to do boot again. Let us know if you have any questions or just want to chat... We are here.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Savanna

--
    05 Jun 2012 10:30 AM
    Hello,
    I was told that they get liberty the weekend before they graduate. Is that true?
    GuardianSpouse

--
    06 Jun 2012 08:15 AM
    Yes, they will get liberty on Sat of both weeks 6 and 7. Week 6 they have on-base liberty. They will be free from about 3-8pm. Please keep in mind all liberty is earned since this is part of their traning. The recruits usually go to the exchange, buy a phone card tons of junk food and then make calls home. They also get some food and maybe watch a movie on base.
    Week 7 they have off-base liberty. This is usually from about 9:30am until 8:30pm. Give or take, this is all at the discretion of the CC's. They are free to go out in town. They have a radius they must stay within and rules to follow, but it is a great day for them. The recruits usually head to Wal-mart first to get a throw away cell phone and they can make calls all day long to family.
    GuardianSpouse

--
    07 Jun 2012 06:40 PM
    I have created a shutterfly page with some pictures of Uniform 186. I saw them today from a very far distance, but it's a start. http://uniform186.shutterfly.com/
    Kitty

--
    08 Jun 2012 02:25 PM
    Thank you so much for the pictures, Tiffany! We were so lucky to see our son since he was right on the end! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
    Kitty Taylor
    GuardianSpouse

--
    09 Jun 2012 11:43 AM
    you are very welcome.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement