Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Zombies...
Last Post 04 Jun 2012 10:13 AM by LauraDK. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
LauraDK

--
30 May 2012 08:23 AM
    *contains some graphic recaps of this weeks news*

Alright, its most likely NOT zombies. But you can't ignore the seriously crazy stuff going on this past week in the news. A guy in New Jersey stabs himself 50 times and throws his guts at police (two cans of peper spray had no effect on him), a lady in Texas eats her 3 week old baby (including its brain), and lets not forget the naked guy who eats the face off another naked guy in Florida (and it took the cops 4-6 bullets to take the guy down).

Lets say that (hypothetically) these are the first signs of some kind of massive, 28 Days Later rage outbreak. What would you do? Are you prepared? What's your weapon of choice and why? How would the Coast Guard handle something of this nature?

This was pretty much the topic of conversation at the mess hall this morning, but I'm curious as to what the rest of the CG community has to say.
    "Zombieland Rule #32- Enjoy the little things."
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 May 2012 10:40 AM
    Well this is one of the more bizarre conversations I can think of around here but what the heck... I'll bite (pun intended).

I live in Wisconsin, I'm not thoroughly convinced some sort of zombie apocolype hasn't happened here already... my neighbors are all in their late 70's to 100's and they are in better shape then me. Zombies or pod people, I'm not sure. I think if the zombies were knocking on my door, ready to eat my face... I think I would just curl up in bed with a good book and a good man and just sort of wait it out. I'm not sure what the weapon would be to stop a zombie so why fight the inevitable. May as well go out entertained in some fashion. LOL
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    LauraDK

--
    30 May 2012 12:55 PM
    As far as the athletic elderly in your neighborhood, I would moreso blame something like what happened in the movie Cocoon. or some really kickass vitamins.

Overall, the crazies that have been in the news are almost certainly tripping out of their minds on one drug or another. But it just goes to show you how fragile the human psyche can be.

Even if its not zombies, I do sometimes worry about a biological outbreak or chemical warfare. Could you imagine if whatever made these people go nuts could be made into some sort of airborn bomb or added to the water system? Whatever area exposed to it would fall in to complete and utter chaos in the truest sense of the word.

So fragile this society we are in. What would we do?
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    31 May 2012 07:19 PM
    The CG will likely grab as many people as possible, arm itself to the teeth, go off shore and wait for the whole thing to blow over. Afterward, we'll all head to the nearest bar and have a drink.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    31 May 2012 10:28 PM
    Another case came out today about a guy that ate his roommate heart and part of his brain because he was hungry....

I say everyone come to Kodiak. We will then stop commercial air travel and incoming boats. Then, we will wait it out. All these naked people will eventually freeze to death. Kodiak is the place to wait this out, I'm tellin' ya.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    01 Jun 2012 06:29 AM
    Maybe this is hyper-Darwinism at work.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    srf13

--
    01 Jun 2012 03:03 PM
    A super sharp Wakazashi, and a 1911 loaded with these: http://www.hornady.com/store/45-Aut...85-gr-ZMAX

If it's SHTF time, you need to have style! LOL
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    LauraDK

--
    01 Jun 2012 07:26 PM
    I would personally use a wooden baseball bat, machete, and an extendable police baton. Not much noise, no ammo needed, and it will still dislodge a brain or sever a spinal chord That and a machete is invaluable for off road travel.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    KD

--
    01 Jun 2012 10:42 PM
    Head shots. Everyone knows that.

On the biological outbreak thought, I am reading The Passage. Anyone else familiar with it?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    MasterGuns2077

--
    02 Jun 2012 06:51 PM
    This is a serious question that deserves a lot of thought. I was asked what I would do if there was a zombie outbreak during my inport crewman board
    Your passion for what you do will set you free.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    02 Jun 2012 09:30 PM
    I say we just start singing and dancing thriller...the zombies will obviously start dancing with us in the streets...

It's close to midnight and something evil's lurking in the dark
    Under the moonlight, you see a sight that almost stops your heart
    You try to scream but terror takes the sound before you make it
    You start to freeze as horror looks you right between the eyes
    You're paralyzed

'Cause this is thriller, thriller night
    And no one's gonna save you from the beast about strike
    You know it's thriller, thriller night
    You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller tonight

You hear the door slam and realize there's nowhere left to run
    You feel the cold hand and wonder if you'll ever see the sun
    You close your eyes and hope that this is just imagination, girl!
    But all the while you hear the creature creeping up behind
    You're out of time

'Cause this is thriller, thriller night
    There ain't no second chance against the thing with forty eyes, girl
    Thriller, thriller night
    You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller tonight

That ought to do it... :-)
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    03 Jun 2012 12:09 AM
    +1 Capt
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 Jun 2012 08:07 PM
    AM I the only one that sees Capt in a red leather jacket and dancing like a zombie? HAHA Love it.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    03 Jun 2012 09:37 PM
     if I only had any rhythm...LOL
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    LauraDK

--
    04 Jun 2012 10:13 AM
    Posted By MasterGuns2077 on 02 Jun 2012 07:51 PM
    This is a serious question that deserves a lot of thought. I was asked what I would do if there was a zombie outbreak during my inport crewman board

Well...what was your response?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement