Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
What to expect after passing MEPS?
Last Post 28 Jun 2012 03:36 PM by FloridaGirl. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
zachw88

--
02 Jun 2012 09:11 AM
    Hello everyone, first off thank you for all the information you all provide on this site, it has been an invaluable (and entertaining) resource. I was just wondering if someone could help clear up some confusion for me. After going through a round of formal interviews with a group of recruiters, my specific recruiter scheduled me to take the ASVAB and attend MEPS. I take the ASVAB this Monday and have the physical on Tuesday. If both of these go well (and I pray they do) and I get a good ASVAB score and pass MEPS, what happens next exactly? I've been searching google for an answer, but it seems the process is different for different branches and I can't find a concrete answer. I suppose I'm just wondering what to expect to happen next if both of these things go well, and what my standing is/next step will be? Thank you!
    zachw88

--
    02 Jun 2012 09:21 AM
    I realize this probably largely depends on my recruiter as well and how busy/how many other applicants he is dealing with. After passing MEPS do I fingerprint and sign the documents to have my FBI background check the same day as passing MEPS?
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    02 Jun 2012 09:42 AM
    Once you pass MEPS, you will start playing the waiting game. Our fiscal year 2013 spots haven't opened up yet, so your recruiter isn't in a position to request a boot camp date for you at this time. Once the spots open up, if your recruiter decides that you are one of their best applicants, they will request a spot for you, which will be for October or later. Once a date is confirmed, you'll go to MEPS again to swear into the delayed entry program and get your fingerprints done. Be patient, as it will be a little bit of a wait.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    zachw88

--
    02 Jun 2012 10:03 AM
    Thank you Cooch, I've read all about the waiting game and am prepared for it. But hey, best things come to those who wait, right?
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    02 Jun 2012 10:11 AM
    Let's hope so. The waiting game doesn't end once you get in either. You end up waiting for promotion test scores, finding out if you will get promoted, then getting promoted, finding out your next job, etc. It never gets any easier.
    zachw88

--
    04 Jun 2012 04:30 PM
    Got a 90 AFQT score today! Happy about that. However, someone had entered my birth date wrong on my file and I was told to take the physical tomorrow I needed to go by the social security office to get verification. Well, naturally the office closed at 3:30 in the afrernoon for some reason and I got there at 3:40. So, I have to wait till next month to take my physical. You were right about the waiting game. At least they said I could stay for the free night in the hotel.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    04 Jun 2012 08:42 PM
    Excellent score! Sorry to hear about the delay, but you'll get it all sorted out I'm sure.
    "Hell is something you carry with you. Not somewhere you go."
    zachw88

--
    05 Jun 2012 08:15 AM
    Thanks! Yeah I'll be back to take my physical next month, it's too bad but there could be worse setbacks. I have full confidence I'll do just fine on the physical exam.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ngonzalez

--
    26 Jun 2012 10:47 AM
    I just passed MEPS and before doing so I was told by my recruiter that we would be filling  out LOTS of paperwork after I passed to have my packet ready for when the 2013 ship dates come out. It's been a few days since MEPS and no word from my recruiter...I know there isn't a huge rush since the dates aren't even out but I would like to have everything settled. Any suggestions as to when I should contact my recruiter about coming into the office?

Thanks!!  
    DTBM2

--
    26 Jun 2012 11:58 AM
    I would give him a week or so, i know our office is super busy right now with everyone who just finished high school wanting in, just give them sometime they should get back to you. There is no rush since we are waiting for 2013 numbers to come out. Thanks
    FutureCoastie92

--
    27 Jun 2012 07:23 PM

Do you have to take the ASVAB at MEPS? What if both of the closest MEPS stations are an hour away?

Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    27 Jun 2012 08:00 PM
    You might. Depends on your recruiting office. Your recruiting office will tell you which MEPS station to go to. They have to set up your ASVAB and MEPs appointments.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    27 Jun 2012 09:03 PM
    Some of my applicants travel 6 hours to get to my MEPS. Count your blessings that it's only an hour away.
    FlyingSavior

--
    27 Jun 2012 09:29 PM
    Posted By FloridaGirl on 27 Jun 2012 09:00 PM
    You might. Depends on your recruiting office. Your recruiting office will tell you which MEPS station to go to. They have to set up your ASVAB and MEPs appointments.

My ASVAB was walk-in style, 25 seats, first come first serve. Miss the cut try again next available time. I showed up 90 mins before it started and I was the sixth person to get there.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cgilliam

--
    28 Jun 2012 12:23 PM
    @FlyingSavior, Mine was the same way. Show up early and wear the correct attire. The first person that arrived ended up not being able to test because he wasn't dressed appropriately.
    But I've got promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. -Robert Frost
    FlyingSavior

--
    28 Jun 2012 03:35 PM
    You had proper dress? We didn't have a dress code. I wore polo shorts, flip-flops and a t-shirt. Left my watch, wallet, and phone in car. My recruiter told me to wear what is comfortable. What was consider not appropriate?
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    28 Jun 2012 03:36 PM
    I was told to wear business casual, but the other test takers had on jeans and t-shirts.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement