Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
please helpppp.
Last Post 12 Jun 2012 07:37 PM by tyshonna. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
tyshonna

--
11 Jun 2012 07:50 PM
    hello everyone, i just sent my first letter off to my boyfriend today but instead of sending it to training center i put uscg tracen cape may and then instead of putting 1 munro ave i put one munro ave ? do you think itll get there ? or would i have to call the post office to see if they can send it back ? please help !
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    11 Jun 2012 08:09 PM
    The address is One Munro Ave so that is fine. TraCen is a very accepted and common abbreviation for Training Center. Your letter is absolutely fine. Just be sure to put full first and last name. If you just put C Johnson on the envelope if there is a Craig Johnson and a Carol Johnson (my cousin and her husband, by the way) they won't know which C Johnson to give the letter to. So be sure to spell out first and last. If you didn't, don't sweat it, it will be fine, it will just be easier for the mail clerks if you remember on the next one.

I know it is all a bit crazy & nerve wracking but don't make yourself too crazy over the little stuff... and remember, it's all little stuff. Hang out here with us and we will have you talking like a Coastie girlfriend in no time.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    tyshonna

--
    11 Jun 2012 08:14 PM
    i put his last name first is that okay ? and i know im a nervous wreck but eveyone here answers my questions so quickly and i love it and i appreciate it soo much because i need as much support as ever. i definitely am getting stronger by the day, and i support every coastie
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    11 Jun 2012 08:23 PM
    What recruiting office did your boyfriend join through? And yes, the way you addressed it will be fine.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    tyshonna

--
    11 Jun 2012 08:29 PM
    okay but he joined healy hall w-186
    tyshonna

--
    11 Jun 2012 09:07 PM
    oh im sorry i think i read your question wrong he joined through the recruiting office in Manchester Connecticut.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    11 Jun 2012 09:11 PM
    A good friend of mine works in that office.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    11 Jun 2012 09:11 PM
    I also joined out of Hartford, CT more than 14 years ago.
    tyshonna

--
    12 Jun 2012 06:07 AM
    really ? where did you chose to go on your dream sheet ? and did you end up there ? sorry for all the questions.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    12 Jun 2012 07:32 AM
    I chose Cape Cod, MA as my number one pick, and I got it. These days they choose districts rather than specific locations. I can't give you the odds on him getting his first choice, but he will be happy wherever he goes. The CG is fortunate enough to be in some very nice locations around the country.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    12 Jun 2012 07:33 AM
    What part of CT are you guys from?
    tyshonna

--
    12 Jun 2012 07:52 AM
    hamden, and yeah i realized wherever he goes ill always be with him i wouldn't want to stop he from achieving his goals and when he first left i was crying like everyday but when you told me he was coming back July 27 that's was right around the corner
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    12 Jun 2012 09:30 AM
    It probably doesn't seem like it now... but in the end you will find... the days drag by, but the weeks just fly! Before you know it graduation day will be here!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    tyshonna

--
    12 Jun 2012 07:37 PM
    yeah i know i can't wait i even have a countdown in my phone lol
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement