Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Prior coastie mk3
Last Post 16 Jul 2012 11:07 AM by DTBM2. 26 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jperkuscgmk

--
09 Jul 2012 09:39 PM
    Got out feb2012 as mk3 with honorable discharge and re-entry code of re-1 I want back in can anyone help? Been trying to find a recruiter that will work with me haven't had any luck
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    09 Jul 2012 09:48 PM
    The toughest part would be whether or not there's room to bring you back in. I will call recruiting command tomorrow to see if we have any options for you. I can't promise anything, but at least we will get an answer.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    09 Jul 2012 09:49 PM
    And it's not that a recruiter doesn't want to work with you. It's whether or not anything can be done. There's a huge difference.
    jperkuscgmk

--
    09 Jul 2012 09:52 PM
    Hey thanks a lot! I just want back in even if I have to start as a non rate and work my way back up
    jperkuscgmk

--
    09 Jul 2012 09:53 PM
    Are you a recruiter out of greensboro?
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    09 Jul 2012 10:08 PM
    Yes. You spoke with my recruiter in charge today.
    jperkuscgmk

--
    09 Jul 2012 10:13 PM
    Ok can I call you tomorrow? My name is jarad perkins
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    09 Jul 2012 10:28 PM
    You can try. Tomorrow is a hectic day for us. We will have quite a few applicants in the office. Make sure to leave a call back number so we can get in touch with you.
    jperkuscgmk

--
    09 Jul 2012 10:31 PM
    Ok what's ur rate?
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    09 Jul 2012 10:34 PM
    SKC. My recruiter in charge is a DCC.
    jperkuscgmk

--
    09 Jul 2012 10:37 PM
    Ok chief thanks a lot for your help I'll give you a shout tomorrow.
    DTBM2

--
    10 Jul 2012 12:44 PM
    Any luck, i got out in 2008 cause the grass was greener on the other side. It took me about a year of being a cop in my hometown to figure out it wasnt that green. I was told i only got back in cause i was a E5 BM with a tactical coxswain qual, i came back in and went right to a duty station.But i will tell you days are way different now. Let me know how it works out for u.
    jperkuscgmk

--
    10 Jul 2012 12:49 PM
    I hear that man I just got out in feb I been trying to get back in ever since biggest mistake of my life! We're are you stationed now? I was at boat forces cutter ops Yorktown, and before then the Barbara mabrity.
    DTBM2

--
    10 Jul 2012 01:24 PM
    Right now RO Cincinnati im awaiting retirement due to a boatchase mishap, should be in about 120 days till im out and i already miss the boatforce side but the coast guard is taking care from me pretty well i can say, I was stationed in ft pierce florida, then msst 91108, and just did five years on the texas mexico border at station south padre island got transfer home (cincinnati) in sept of last year awaiting retirement orders
    jperkuscgmk

--
    10 Jul 2012 01:43 PM
    Well congrats! And thank you for your service boats! How did you get back in...what was the process like?
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    10 Jul 2012 02:42 PM
    DTBM2, when were you at MSST Kings Bay? I was there from 2006-2009.
    jperkuscgmk

--
    10 Jul 2012 02:49 PM
    Hey chief any word ? I called the office and left a message.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    10 Jul 2012 03:02 PM
    Sorry man, we were overran with applicants today. My recruiter in charge told me that he sent an email yesterday on your behalf. I don't believe he got an answer today, but we will keep checking. We are hoping to hear something by next week.
    jperkuscgmk

--
    10 Jul 2012 03:08 PM
    Ok sounds good thanks chief
    DTBM2

--
    11 Jul 2012 10:54 AM
    Chief, I was at Kingsbay from 2004 to Sept 2006 about two years then i got out and back in 2007ish
    DTBM2

--
    11 Jul 2012 11:03 AM
    JPerk, it was pretty easy i contact the detailer for BMs via his cellphone, cause before i got out he was my Waterside boss at the MSST and talked to him he told me to go to the recruiting office fill out some paperwork and he would see what he could do. So i went filled out some paperwork he called me back giving me some places that were open and i said yes to Station South Padre Island knowing it was on the Texas/Mexico Border was a sure thing for me, i got orders 30 days later and reported. But i will tell you that the CG always needs E5 BMs, and the days are way different now with such a huge number of people trying to join and A schools being so backed up
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    11 Jul 2012 03:03 PM
    I reported in the summer of 2006. What's your last name?
    DTBM2

--
    13 Jul 2012 10:01 AM
    Tengler i was on Waterside, i never got to be a ninja nor did i want too
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    13 Jul 2012 11:48 AM
    Dustin? I remember you. I was the SK1 there after Schuler.
    DTBM2

--
    13 Jul 2012 12:10 PM
    last name was ringing a bell, but i i put a face on it thats me
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    13 Jul 2012 01:19 PM
    Last name is Couture. Scotty and I were the SK's there.
    DTBM2

--
    16 Jul 2012 11:07 AM
    I figure your last name out when i saw you was a SK lol
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement