Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
USCGC Neah Bay
Last Post 19 Aug 2012 07:15 PM by tallman's mom. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
tallmans mom

--
30 Jul 2012 09:18 AM
    Has anybody here been stationed on the Neah Bay? My son is headed there as his first unit. I guess I don't even know what to ask. lol So I guess any info would be appreciated.

Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    30 Jul 2012 10:11 AM
    Here is some good info to start with...

www.uscg.mil/hq/capemay/UIS/d9/​CGC%20NEAH%20BAY.doc

Hopefully someone will be along to fill in some blanks on the unit itself. Congratulations on the orders.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    30 Jul 2012 01:49 PM
    I used to work on the Neah Bay when I was on the MAT Team. It's in downtown Cleveland, right next to the Small Boat Station. Which is right across from the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. It's a great boat. Is he going to be a SN or FN?
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    tallmans mom

--
    31 Jul 2012 07:00 AM
    I don't know if he will be SN or FN.  He didn't say much on the phone call. Lot's of "Ma'am yes Ma'am's" lol
    If I didn't ask the question he didn't give me any info. I'm sure I'll learn more when he calls this weekend.

I was at the R&R HOF once a few years ago but didn't pay any attention to the CG presence. Looks like there is alot going on in the area, close shopping and such. I'm wondering if he will even need the car.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    tallmans mom

--
    31 Jul 2012 08:25 AM
    The Neah Bay is at the Grand Haven CG Fest this week. I'm thinking of going out there tonight to check it out.

My girl friend has made me promise not to tell the Captain that my son will be reporting aboard soon. lol Guess that puts an end to my plan of bringing them some cookies and treats. LOL

I can just imagine Cyle's face when he reports aboad and his Captain says " Your mom and I had a nice chat the other day..." LMAO
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    31 Jul 2012 10:17 AM
    You should definitely go check out the boat. In fact, you should tell Cyle's new Shipmates a story or two so they can make sure his arrival is memorable. Just my two cents.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    tallmans mom

--
    31 Jul 2012 10:41 AM
    Ha...I don't think Cyle would really appreciate that. He is probably going to freak out when he learns on went on the cutter anyway. lol

I guess I'm just a nosey mom with too much time on my hands.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    31 Jul 2012 10:52 AM
    It's not being nosey. I prefer, "supportive."
    seadog364

--
    31 Jul 2012 02:11 PM
    Spent 3 years on NEAH. Your son is going to get as much responsibilty as he can handle and have some very busy winters. Great duty and a heck of a lot of fun as well as hard work. An excellent way to start his career. AND you should absolutely introduce yourself to the CO. He or she will be glad you did.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    31 Jul 2012 02:47 PM
    I'm all for introducing yourself. The CO will know he has good family supportand that can be important, certainly for the first station.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    31 Jul 2012 08:46 PM
    I say wait until after he reports and makes his own first impression. He is an adult now, and has to make his own way in life. Nothing saying you can't do it down the road.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    tallmans mom

--
    31 Jul 2012 09:08 PM
    I didn't introduce myself but I did ask lots of questions. i even saw the capt out running and bought myself a new CG hat. It was a great day!

Thomas Madden

--
    02 Aug 2012 11:31 PM
    I just spoke with the guy who will be reporting here this month it was probably your son lol... non rates get a lot of responsibility at this unit all us SN's are basically bm3's
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    tallmans mom

--
    06 Aug 2012 07:11 AM
    Hi Thomas, Yup, that was probably him. I don't imagine the crew turns over very frequently.

As a mom I'd be worried no matter where he would have been stationed but the few crew members I did meet last week and how well taken care of the cutter looked put me somewhat at ease.

I'm sort of jealous, it looks like he is in for some great adventures.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    tallmans mom

--
    09 Aug 2012 08:27 PM
    Thomas,

What ever happened to Remy? I saw the video on the coast guard channel. He's a beautiful dog.

I see that the Neah Bay has a cat now.
    tommadden49

--
    17 Aug 2012 01:22 AM
    Haha yea thats the captains cat, casca . Not sure about a dog I've only been here for a little over a year we never had a dog since I've been here
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    tallmans mom

--
    19 Aug 2012 07:15 PM
    Ah must have been a different Madden. Check out the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLgwUlxw08E
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement