Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Olympics 2012
Last Post 16 Aug 2012 07:55 AM by captkyguy. 54 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
Trusted Member
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
FloridaGirl

--
09 Aug 2012 09:04 AM
    So....anyone else watching?

One of my favorite moments so far.

Liu Xiang suffers what could be a career ending injury at the beginning of his Olympic qualifying heat. He almost gives up, then he hops on one leg to the finish line, where his fellow competitors, including the winner from Great Britain, congratulate him and help him to the medical area. This is Olympic spirit.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ocelot Jones

--
    09 Aug 2012 09:24 AM
    Ahhh, I don't know how I missed this!

This just shows the extreme mental strengths that these athletes have. I think my favorite part was right at 2:00, when he comes to the decision in his mind to go back out and finish the race.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Aug 2012 03:54 PM
    I think under "classiest moment" .... Usain Bolt stopping his interview and pointing out to the reporter an anthem was playing, you show respect. Turns out it was a USA female gold medal winner. But that was very respectful for him to stop and honor her moment as well.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    09 Aug 2012 05:23 PM
    I don't watch the Olympics, I could care less.. I happened to catch this guy... http://gawker.com/5931849/oscar-pis...han-you-do
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    09 Aug 2012 07:32 PM
    Well Gears, poo-poo on you. Or something. Blade Runner is pretty awesome though.

Macie, that's what is so great about the Olympics. It doesn't matter the language, the culture, none of that matter. These athletes all seem to just get it, and have this great respect for one another.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ocelot Jones

--
    09 Aug 2012 07:35 PM
    A story from today: http://www.latimes.com/sports/olymp...7744.story

Manteo Mitchell breaks his fibula half-way through his part of the 4x400 relay, then pushes on and finishes. The US ended up in 2nd...If he would have stopped, they would have been DQ'd. Here's the video of the race. You can't really tell that anything is wrong, but knowing that he's running that last 200m with a broken leg is pretty impressive. 

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/tr...-heat.html
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    10 Aug 2012 07:26 AM
    FG,

Not all of us get excited about seeing people run really fast. I was busy watching NASA shoot an object into space at 12,000 mph, sending 10,000,000 miles to a distant planet for a perfect landing without breaking a sweat. Now, that's a feat I can appreciate.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ocelot Jones

--
    10 Aug 2012 08:17 AM
    Gears, the Mars landing was amazing! I had been looking forward to that for weeks. The complexity of the entire landing sequence was incredible...and all done by precisely-timed computer code. I don't know many people that CAN'T appreciate that!

Hopefully, you've seen this by now. http://panoramas.dk/mars/greeley-haven.html   (I don't think this is from Curiosity...but amazing, nonetheless)
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    10 Aug 2012 09:36 AM
    I haven't seen it. Amazing. Just amazing.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    10 Aug 2012 01:46 PM
    Pretty cool...but not much there but red sand and rock...one of my firefighters was prety upset that the landing did not make the news in our area.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    10 Aug 2012 01:52 PM
    It didn't make the news here either. The New Yorker posted an article on my FB feed, so I watched the webcast of the landing. It was pretty epic.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    10 Aug 2012 06:55 PM
    Posted By Gears on 10 Aug 2012 07:26 AM
    FG,

Not all of us get excited about seeing people run really fast. I was busy watching NASA shoot an object into space at 12,000 mph, sending 10,000,000 miles to a distant planet for a perfect landing without breaking a sweat. Now, that's a feat I can appreciate.

It's ok.  I was teasing.  The Mars things though...I did not even know we were going to Mars, which upset me.  Growing 50 miles from Nasa,  I used to know all that stuff.  I heard about it on Facebook of all places.  

But as long as we are talking about current events, if I hear someone say Chick-fil-a, I may punch you.  At least all of you have the OPTION of a chicken sandwich.  I can't get a freakin' chicken sandwich here, and that upsets me. Although my waist line appreciates it.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    10 Aug 2012 07:55 PM
    Could've been better considering it was filmed on a Hollywood set...
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    10 Aug 2012 09:41 PM
    FG, I know you were. I just wanted to bring up Mars... Hollywood stunt.. That was the moon landing.

I'm so sick of hearing about the morality of Chik-fil-a.. Are we going to decide immigration issues at Chipotle now?
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    11 Aug 2012 09:35 AM
    Chipotle...I never understood the draw to Chipotle.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    11 Aug 2012 10:18 AM
    They have really, really big burritos. But, they are as bland and tasteless as the chicken at Chik-Fil-A. Just go to Panera, they rarely disappoint.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    11 Aug 2012 10:47 AM
    Not a chipotle fan at all...
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    11 Aug 2012 08:02 PM
    I think it's the fact most their burritos are rice. I mean, who needs that many simple carbs in their life? At one sitting? I'd rather just eat the 3 candy bars - they've got the same basic nutritional profile (slight exaggeration, but the point is the same).
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    11 Aug 2012 09:26 PM
    3 candy bars would have ton more flavor.. Melt a Kit Kat, 3 Musketeers, and a Whatchamacallit together and brace yourself for the end of the world.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    11 Aug 2012 09:46 PM
    Some milkduds would be a nice addition to that mix for sure! :-)
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    11 Aug 2012 10:04 PM
    Milk duds? That's just going too far. ;-)
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    12 Aug 2012 09:52 AM
    We went from Olympics to candy bars. Awesome!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    dandy

--
    12 Aug 2012 08:52 PM
    SPICE GIRLS CLOSING CEREMONY PERFORMANCE. CLUTCH!
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    12 Aug 2012 09:14 PM
    Whose idea was that?
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    12 Aug 2012 10:41 PM
    It proves the Beckham's run England.

....Milkdud anyone?
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    12 Aug 2012 10:42 PM
    Milk Dud's mmm mmm good :-)
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    12 Aug 2012 10:49 PM
    I prefer hog lumps (all the points to whoever gets the reference).
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    12 Aug 2012 11:23 PM
    Perfect snack for the end of the world.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    13 Aug 2012 11:58 AM
    We're not using the Zed word!
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    13 Aug 2012 06:06 PM
    Who died and made you kind of the zombies?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement