Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
I'm ready to serve as a reservist
Last Post 20 Jan 2013 06:26 PM by Mike C.. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
AznCoastie

--
24 Aug 2012 07:59 PM
    Hi All!  My name is Tim and I hope I can make some new friends here and also learn a thing or two while going through the process of joining the coast guard.  A little bit about myself.  I just turned 28 and I'm from southern California.  I have a full-time job and wanting be part of the coast guard for a long time.  Due to my age and financial obligations, I can't be active duty coastie but I'm happy to pursue the reserve route.   I just finished the ASVAB yesterday and got above 75 AFQT so now I just need to set an appointment for physical at MEPS.  I will keep you guys posted on how that goes since I heard that is the hardest part of joining the military.
    SpuddStud

--
    24 Aug 2012 08:02 PM
    Well done! I completely understand the job/age/financial aspect of going reserve. I'm a couple of years older than you but I'm still going to try for AD. It's something I've wanted for a long time and now it's almost too late. If I can't do that then I will go reserve.
    Keep us posted about MEPS. I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck!
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    24 Aug 2012 10:12 PM
    Welcome...enjoy your journey and have a blast!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    AznCoastie

--
    26 Aug 2012 01:52 PM
    Thanks guys. I will keep you posted!
    AznCoastie

--
    17 Jan 2013 07:01 PM
    Wow, it has been a while and I forgot to do an update. For those that is curious, I passed MEPS couple weeks later after I create this thread. I just word from my recruiter that my DEPOT date will be July 21 and A schools October 21.

For those that wanted to know how long the process was, I started contacting my recruiter beginning of August. The recruiter did a pre-screen over the phone then made an appointment for me to come to the office the following week. Met with the recruiter the following week where she answer basic questions and for me to fill couple forms. My recruiter wanted to set me up for ASVAB the following week but I requested to push it 2 weeks so I can study. So I took the ASAB on 8/23/12 and contacted my recruiter. She then set me up for MEPS two weeks later. Went to MEPS and passed. My recruiter then had me fill out equip. By then it was about beginning of October. She then filled out a rate determine packet to see if I can come out as an e4 without going trough A school. Got the notice from HQ beginning of November that I do not qualify and I have to go to A school. My recruiter had a family emergency so he halted my process for a month. Beginning of December she submitted a request for boot camp date and A school date.

Technically saying, the process for me could've been about 6 months but because of my schedule I requested a later boot date. I think mine went pretty fast and smooth and it was probably became I'm going to be a reservist and not active.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    17 Jan 2013 08:52 PM
    Exellent update...your shipdate will be here before you know it...have fun
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    18 Jan 2013 05:06 AM
    Congrats, Azn! What will your rating be? I start FS A School on Oct 21.
    AznCoastie

--
    19 Jan 2013 12:49 AM
    I'm going to be SK. Are you going to Petaluma for A school?
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    19 Jan 2013 10:52 AM
    Yea I will be there for FS A School.
    AznCoastie

--
    19 Jan 2013 08:56 PM
    Nice. I'll be there for SK A school. Let's hang out when we're there. Keep in touch.
    Mike C.

--
    19 Jan 2013 10:34 PM
    Tim, do you know what unit you're going to?
    AznCoastie

--
    20 Jan 2013 05:53 PM
    I'm in between Los Angeles and San Diego. Not sure which one I'm getting. How about you?
    Mike C.

--
    20 Jan 2013 06:26 PM
    I'll be going to PSU 311 at Los Angeles/Long Beach.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement