Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Sector Anchorage, AK
Last Post 19 Apr 2013 09:48 PM by FloridaGirl. 15 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Plgonzalezrx8

--
27 Aug 2012 03:13 PM
    Im interested in going to Sector Anchorage after OS school, and I have a two questions:

1) My wife is pregnant, can having a pregnant wife disqualify me for Overseas Duty? Is there anyway to work around it like Geobachelor till she gives birth?
    2) Will they ship both of our cars?
    3) How do you like living there if you have lived there?

Thanks for your answers
    USCG Sector Command Center Anchorage, Alaska
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    27 Aug 2012 06:06 PM
    1) Don't think so. We had someone report last year who's wife was pregnant. But she was newly pregnant and had passed the screening before hand. No idea if there are rules about how far along in pregnancy.
    2) Yes. But I'm going to recommend selling 1, and shipping 1. You will be a month without a car if you don't. Plus you will need an Alaska-fit vehicle.
    3) My husband and I really want to go there at some point - were hoping for next year but looks like it won't happen for us. I live in Kodiak right now though. From the few days I spent there, it's realy nice.

But 4) you have no idea if Sector Anchorage will be on your billet list.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Plgonzalezrx8

--
    27 Aug 2012 07:32 PM
    Yes I have idea it will be
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Plgonzalezrx8

--
    27 Aug 2012 07:34 PM
    Thanks a lot for your answer Floridagirl!!!!! It would suck to sell my cars, both mine and wife's are Alaska friendly for sure and one of them is paid off and will be really sad to sell it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Plgonzalezrx8

--
    27 Aug 2012 07:34 PM
    Are you a Commsta Kodiak? A good buddy of mine here at OS school (he is a month ahead) is going there. Really good guy.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    28 Aug 2012 11:20 PM
    As long as you aren't looking at DA (those billets are for the rest of us come transfer season ). I am in fact at Commsta. We need more bodies so that is a good thing. If he has any questions, let me know. I'm sure any sponsor he gets will be great though.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Browns24

--
    29 Aug 2012 10:39 AM
    Is it still considered Sector Anchorage or is it considered BASE Anchorage now?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jni3

--
    04 Sep 2012 04:57 PM
    unless the jftr changed, they will only ship one and pay for one to be driven. it was considered sector anchorage when last i was there may 2012.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Plgonzalezrx8

--
    16 Sep 2012 09:09 PM
    Billets are in Sector Anchorage (2 billets), Commsta Kodiak, Munro and Juneau are the billets in AK. Question, can you put your car in a ferry from Seatle or somewhere else in WA and ship it to anchorage? They told me the port is in Whitter so it's like an hour drive to Anchorage, not sure if it's doable in winter.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    16 Sep 2012 09:41 PM
    You must be in the class with a bootcamp shipmate of mine. Ferry is from Bellingham, it goes to Anchorage. However, you must be on the ferry with your vehicle.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Plgonzalezrx8

--
    17 Sep 2012 07:34 AM
    Well, they gave me a website, and it doesn't show anchorage as a destination, the closest place is Whitter, so you know which one is the ferry company that goes all the way up to anchorage? Yes, I'm aware I will have to be with my car. BTW, who is your boot camp shipmate? Take care and thanks FLA girl.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    17 Sep 2012 11:06 AM
    You take it to Kodiak then go to Anchorage. We take the ferry a lot because its cheaper than flying. Its also how we buy vehicles. Whittier would be a few days faster. You should be ok in November-ish, but after, not so sure. And as to the other, I won't give out names but she just got married.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Plgonzalezrx8

--
    17 Sep 2012 06:35 PM
    I called today the ferry company and thy gave me some info and recommended go to Whitter, I forgot to ask about what is cheaper, I guess it will be Whitter anyways, and that's fine, she is very nice person, we run every now and then in the morning when it's 46-50 degree out. Good shipmate.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    17 Sep 2012 08:11 PM
    Whittier is cheaper. Ps bring food on the ferry.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Plgonzalezrx8

--
    19 Apr 2013 07:13 PM
    Wow, I forgot about this I'ts been 4 months now since i've been in anchorage.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    19 Apr 2013 09:48 PM
    What do you think?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement