Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
stationed in gaum
Last Post 10 Sep 2012 08:34 PM by Cooch. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
tomahawk

--
08 Sep 2012 08:42 PM
    my son is being send to gaum don't know how I feel about this It's so far away we will never get to see him
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    08 Sep 2012 09:17 PM
    To be honest, I always say oh it isn't that bad, it will be ok... but I don't know how I would feel about Guam either! But just think... if you can swing it, how many of your friends can say they have been there?? What a great vacation destination for you! Plus it isn't forever. He will transfer out of there. In the meantime, think of all the stories he will have and the amazing adventure his career in the CG will start with!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    09 Sep 2012 12:40 PM
    I feel for you tomahawk...I'm in NJ and thought California was way too far! If you are able I would definitely try and save to take a trip there [but then again I will go anywhere at least once]. Thank goodness for computers! Old Guard I am curious...for a billet like Guam is it still the same amount of time...say 3 years?
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Sep 2012 02:15 PM
    I believe it is. But he is a non-rate, I know there are no short A school lists at this time but you never know. He may get his name on one, things open up and he can be out of there in a year or two. But please, please, please do not encourage your child to choose an A school with less of a wait time just to leave a current duty station, that will not make a happy or productive Coastie!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Heather.H

--
    09 Sep 2012 02:18 PM
    I didn't know gaum was a place to be stationed
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    09 Sep 2012 02:24 PM
    Wow...Old Guard....I guess I didn't think they would send someone right out of boot to Guam...that is a big adjustment! And agreed re: A school!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Sep 2012 02:40 PM
    Heather, it is an option! If it is something you mihgt like, you never know. That would be a pretty cool adventure.

Mag, talk about really enjoying your 5 days of leave! Of course, I'm also assuming this mom is a boot camp mom. But yep, you can go to Guam as a non-rate. I'm going to be in NJ in 2 weeks. My dad's 70th birthday. I might take a trip to Woodbridge Center to do some REAL shopping!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Heather.H

--
    09 Sep 2012 03:21 PM
    Now if I got stationed. What happens with my husband. Can he come with? Because this sounds like something id love to do!
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Sep 2012 03:46 PM
    He would go with you, absolutely. Since you are married, you probably couldn't get that out of boot camp. There are things even dependents have to do before an overseas tour, so they try to keep married non-rates in the lower 48 for their first assignment. There just isn't time for a spouse to get done what has to get done before going OutCONUS. But that doesn't mean after A school or at another time you can't go! Guam just might have your name all over it!!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    dandy

--
    09 Sep 2012 04:16 PM
    I always remembered when I was in high school people would always joke about Guam like oh where you going to I'm going to Guam or what are you doing today going to Guam I just think it's really funny because that's been about 10 yr 12 years now and it is a possibility that I could move there. I heard its beautiful
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Heather.H

--
    09 Sep 2012 04:31 PM
    What other places can you get stationed outside of the u.s?
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    09 Sep 2012 06:00 PM
    Puerto Rico, Guam, Alaska, Virgin Islands, and Bahrain are a few that I know of.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Sep 2012 07:12 PM
    Saipan and there was a station in Rotterdam but according to my ex-husband that closed. They opened an MSO or MSD or something like that in Germany. He is sort of hoping that will be his next assignment.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    09 Sep 2012 08:32 PM
    http://www.uscg.mil/acteur/
    don't know how accurate that is. I know there is an IT2/1 that bounces around over there
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Heather.H

--
    09 Sep 2012 08:34 PM
    Oh how exciting!
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    09 Sep 2012 09:50 PM
    some of these places you just apply normally for when you're up for transfer some they put out "solicitation" messages asking for people to go.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    10 Sep 2012 08:34 PM
    And you hope that you are a high priority, as those jobs are some of the most sought after in the CG. Rotterdam was once high on my list, but I never stood a chance. It's still open. I know the SK that's there and the one that's in Japan.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement