Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Prior Army depper who wants to join
Last Post 04 Oct 2012 07:33 AM by catahoula. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
CircadianRhythm

--
02 Oct 2012 10:20 AM
    Hello gentlemen my name is Alex. I really want to join the CG and get my adult life going. I am 21, 5'10 and 210lbs (I know I need to drop some weight quick), with no criminal charges ever and good credit. I have a highschool diploma and about 20 college credits, and will have six more by december. My main concern is I enlisted and was depping for the army about a year ago. I decided it was not for me and separated before shipping. I did not just stay at home on my ship date, I went through the proper channels and paperwork months in advance.

There were many reasons I failed to ship. One being I felt that I'd made a big mistake. Before I enlisted I had not given real thought of being AD in the army. I was in the office actually trying to see about being a reserve corpsman, but the army guys pulled me aside and bombarded me with the sale pitch. They were really good at it too, and before I knew which was up I was signing but the whole time feeling very uneasy.

After more thought I realized this wasn't something I decided on my own. The recruiters were successful in their swaying of my desires, they made me feel as if I wouldn't be successful without the Army and that I was destined to be a loser. I listened to them instead of being an adult and making my own informed decisions. Our relationship began to sour. They we'rent interested in giving me information about service, after I had signed the papers they lost all interest in me. So I went through the proper channels and separated on a general discharge. This was a very shameful time for me, I had sweared and, and I felt as if I broke my oath I pledge to this country and as a man.

Now I'm ready to act. I have done my research on the coast guard. I know I will likely spend considerable time as a non-rate before striking. I'm willing to do whatever need be done to be a productive member of the United States Coast Guard. If I have to mop decks for two years, well, then those will be the cleanest damn decks if I have anything to do about it. I'm ready to grow up, to cut the BS and be a man people can depend on. I'm ready to give up my cushy lifestyle and ego and learn some humility and work ethic.

I said the words before,  but now Im ready to act on those words. I just want to know if DEPPING before will hinder my ability at being a part of this organization.

Thank you for your time
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    02 Oct 2012 02:16 PM
    First, you will need to lose at least 20 pounds before a CG recruiter will even begin the process with you. I personally won't even offer the ASVAB to someone until they are under their weight and show a dedication to physical fitness.

As far as your past history, that will be completely up to your CG recruiter. They could see it as a negative that you backed out on your commitment, or they could think its fine. We are all different.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    CircadianRhythm

--
    02 Oct 2012 03:43 PM
    Thanks for the advice, Im going to start conditioning ASAP.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cgilliam

--
    03 Oct 2012 09:36 AM
    Hello gentlemen
    HEY, we aren't all gentleman.
    But I've got promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. -Robert Frost
    catahoula

--
    04 Oct 2012 07:33 AM
    +1 cgilliam. ;D
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement