Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Navy to Coast Guard
Last Post 28 Dec 2012 07:31 PM by Juggernaut125. 47 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Juggernaut125

--
09 Oct 2012 08:55 AM
Ok that's good to know. In your opinion what would I need to do to make the switch as fast as possible?
Trusted Member
Cooch

--
09 Oct 2012 12:28 PM
Have all medical records ready to roll. Score high on the ASVAB. Have DD214 and any dependent documents (birth certificates, socials, licenses) ready to go. After that, there's not much that can be done to speed things up, since it revolves around how soon there is an open spot in boot camp.
You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
Trusted Member
Cooch

--
09 Oct 2012 12:29 PM
Oh, and impress the crap out of your recruiter. That honestly might be the most important factor.
Juggernaut125

--
09 Oct 2012 02:43 PM
ok so I would have to take the ASVAB all over again?
Trusted Member
Cooch

--
09 Oct 2012 03:20 PM
Yes. The ASVAB is only good for two years from the date that you take it.
Juggernaut125

--
09 Oct 2012 08:54 PM
some interesting info that I did not know. I guess I will have to study. Does the same for the ASVAB apply for the reserves?
Trusted Member
Cooch

--
09 Oct 2012 09:36 PM
Yes. There are a handful of differend test versions, but it's essentially the same ASVAB. The reason for the different versions is so that two applicants sitting next to each other don't have the same exact test.
Juggernaut125

--
09 Oct 2012 11:25 PM
Thank you for all your help I guess the only thing to do now is give things a try and see how it goes.
Juggernaut125

--
09 Oct 2012 11:46 PM
O yea one last question I have will my clearance help out any?
Trusted Member
Cooch

--
10 Oct 2012 07:55 AM
It should make it a little easier, yes. If you get otherwise fully qualified, and are selected to join, your recruiter will simply do a reciprocity request to move your clearance from Navy to CG. You also won't have to DEP since you're prior service and it isn't required. That saves you 60 days right there.
Juggernaut125

--
10 Oct 2012 08:16 AM
Will they care about my PRT scores for the Navy? (1.5 mile run, push ups, sit ups and body fat)
Juggernaut125

--
10 Oct 2012 08:21 AM
I keep thinking of more questions haha.
Will my ribbons carry over? and my ESWS pin?
Moderator / Trusted Member
Forum Supreme!
Forum Supreme!
Old Guard2

--
10 Oct 2012 08:24 AM
You have got to be the most determined prior service member this board has ever seen! I really hope you make it in! If you are this gung ho about switching, you will probably be an excellent addition to the USCG!
Sector NY, Staten Island
Trusted Member
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
FloridaGirl

--
10 Oct 2012 08:29 AM
A few of your ribbons will carry over, but not all. You will get to wear them at graduation too. I do not believe your ESWS will carry over.
Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
Trusted Member
Cooch

--
10 Oct 2012 12:59 PM
Your PRT scores won't factor in either. However, have your evaluations handy, as those might help a recruiter to make their decision about you.
Juggernaut125

--
10 Oct 2012 02:58 PM
Ok good to know. Will my determination/motivation help the recruiter?
Trusted Member
Cooch

--
10 Oct 2012 05:21 PM
Of course. Anything helps.
Juggernaut125

--
28 Dec 2012 07:31 PM
Just an update the Navy is not willing to let me go due to the amount of people they have cut in recently. I got thrown an obliserve witch basically means by the time I get out im going to have about 6 years in. So I guess I am going to go to school and give OCS a try in the future. Happy New Year every one!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement