Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Ahoy Shipmates
Last Post 09 Oct 2012 06:03 AM by Old Guard2. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SaltyGuardian

--
06 Oct 2012 09:24 PM
    I'm new to the forum, I'm swearing in to DEP on Oct.18th and recieved a shipment date on January 29th 2013 for active reg. company.
    I'm hoping all is going to run smoothly, my life long dream and pursuit since i was 4 has been to be a coast guardsmen.
    The fact I've made it this far is such a milestone in my life, the process of graduating from basic and earning the title/honor of a guardsmen will
    be my life's greatest moment. I fear for cape may, and i have nightmares over being discharged because of horror stories I've heard, I look to these forums for great support, in hope that my career/dream pursuit is smooth sailing. I've been all self and have sacrificed all I can to get where I am now and willing to go. The Coast Guard is my life.

Rates im interested in are: BM, ME, AMT
    Not sure about resrictions with aviation and corrective vision, ( I have 20/20 corrective, 20/200 naked)
    I love the water and LE, a may look forward to being a Tact. Coxswain, but looking at an AMT they seem to have an amazing job.
    This is a career for me and I want to be the best contributor at what rate I become, and have opportunites towards advancement

Currently I'm a local United States Coast Guard Auxiliarist for District 7 out of Clearwater FL
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    06 Oct 2012 10:30 PM
    Welcome...enjoy your journey and have a blast!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Oct 2012 04:20 PM
    Sounds like a determined Coastie for sure. Best of luck. Any questions please let us know. We are more than happy to help however we can.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Johncmar

--
    07 Oct 2012 05:53 PM
    How did you get into aux? I was thinking about doing it
    SaltyGuardian

--
    07 Oct 2012 07:09 PM

1st, Find your Flotilla
    Goes from District, Region, Flotilla (states-county-city)

2nd, if you havent already take your boaters saftey license course offered by them for your Basic ABS license.
    ABS- American Boaters Saftey ( took it when i was 14 to drive a jetski)

3rd, after contacting the FCO Flotilla Commanding Officer or one of the FSO- Flotilla Staff officers they'll give you
    a form to fill for criminal background check, then you get i think one test that asks common sense nautical questions.
    They want you to pass you'll learn it all easily in your ABS weekend course. Remember its devoted volunteers and all about
    teaching so they'll make sure you pass and teach ou what you do not know. Then its a matter of just getting your finger prints done.

In all with already having my ABS weekend course license, took me about a month of processing, and like 1-1/2 still pending for an ID for bases or uscg facilities.

King Triton

--
    07 Oct 2012 07:25 PM
    Posted By SaltyGuardian on 06 Oct 2012 10:24 PM
    I fear for cape may, and i have nightmares over being discharged because of horror stories I've heard, I look to these forums for great support, in hope that my career/dream pursuit is smooth sailing.

What's there to fear if you're a 'salty guardian' already?  For a guardian as salty as yourself, you should be able to roll right into Cape May and be issued a Company Commander campaign cover and run your own company, right?
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    08 Oct 2012 09:44 AM
    Posted By King Triton on 07 Oct 2012 08:25 PM
    Posted By SaltyGuardian on 06 Oct 2012 10:24 PM
    I fear for cape may, and i have nightmares over being discharged because of horror stories I've heard, I look to these forums for great support, in hope that my career/dream pursuit is smooth sailing.

What's there to fear if you're a 'salty guardian' already?  For a guardian as salty as yourself, you should be able to roll right into Cape May and be issued a Company Commander campaign cover and run your own company, right?

What is a greek god like yourself doing talking to us mere mortals anyway?
    King Triton

--
    08 Oct 2012 01:48 PM
    Every once in a while, I must intervene with the mere mortals in order to protect the rest of humanity. Just doing my job.  You're welcome.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    08 Oct 2012 08:34 PM
    I am humbled before King Triton…thank you for your intervention with us mere mortals.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    southern118

--
    08 Oct 2012 09:04 PM
    I'm sorry to say I'm offended by your shipmates slash your name as you haven't even made it through basic.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Oct 2012 06:03 AM
    Have to say when I saw Ahoy Shipmates and a name like Salty Guardian, I thought you were either an old Chief or a retiree. But screen names have no boundaries, so while it is confusing let it go. I did have someone call me out on my name... but it is what I chose so it is what it is.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement