Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Names not on A-school list?
Last Post 16 Feb 2013 05:34 PM by Old Guard2. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
tallmans mom

--
09 Oct 2012 09:29 AM
    I had been watching the A-school list for awhile, yes I have too much time on my hands, and I noticed that the names of some of the non-rates from my sons ship have dropped off the A-school list. I know they are still realitively new on the ship and still non-rates. What could cause names to be taken off the list?

My first guess would be because someone decided to strike a rate but does that take your name off the list?

Oh and I noticed that sometimes a person that had been on the list for awhile had dropped down on the list, with a new signing date listed. I could understand if they were changing their minds about what A-school to go to but for the same rate?

Anyway, any insight would be appreciated as I struggle to understand the process.

Thanks,
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    09 Oct 2012 11:26 AM
    They could have voluntarily taken their names off the list to pursue other opportunities. Many variables can change the status on the wait list, such as administrative hold, medical hold, or not completing certain physicals or requirements. If you decide to strike, you don't necessarily have to take your name off the list, but they may have decided to on their own.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    09 Oct 2012 12:07 PM
    You are too funny! I looked for Colin's name and that was about it. I moved on. As long as his name moved up, I was happy. Then I received a call, he received orders, next month his name disappeared, I haven't looked since. But absolute mom brownie points for noticing stuff like that!!

What A school has Cyle decided on? Did you already tell us that? I'll lose mom brownie points for that question. LOL
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    tallmans mom

--
    10 Oct 2012 01:14 PM
    Cyle's first and only pick is ME school. His thought is that it's always what he was interested in and he'll wait to get what he wants.
    camjohnson89

--
    14 Nov 2012 06:17 PM
    As for being set back on the list in my case I put my name on the AET list as a Fireman Apprentice in June and once I became a Fireman in August they changed my signing date to the date I became a Fireman which dropped me about 30 spots on the A school list. I've talked to my command about it because I don't think its right. They haven't changed it yet but hopefully i'll see the change on the new list tomorrow!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Bahchic

--
    14 Nov 2012 07:58 PM
    Camjohnson89 I believe that's how the list has always worked. Every E-2 that I've known dropped down the list to the new date when they became an E-3.
    camjohnson89

--
    15 Nov 2012 09:13 AM
    Then whats the point of getting your name on the list after the minimum 4 months when you're still just an E-2 when they're gonna drop you down on the list to the day you make E-3? They tell us in boot camp and at my first unit that you can get your name on the list at 4 months (before making E-3).
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Bahchic

--
    15 Nov 2012 05:52 PM
    Yea I too always wondered what the point was. I guess if there were shorter "A" school waits like FS then an E-2 would be able to get orders.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Plgonzalezrx8

--
    16 Feb 2013 01:33 PM
    Also, I know this is a old post, but, if a single person have changes, that might be isolated cases, like change to a new a-school or stuff like that, but if a bunch, lets say 5 guys from the same ship, get dropped of the school at the same time, there is a chance that a port call or even in-port "hang out" might have gone wrong. Even if someone is not doing anything but is present when an incident happens well, you get in trouble too, and sadly, happens more frequent than it should.
    USCG Sector Command Center Anchorage, Alaska
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    16 Feb 2013 05:34 PM
    Guilt by association! You don't have to be proved wrong, just perceived. Yes, PL is right, it can and does happen, often!
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement