Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
womens underwear
Last Post 12 Jan 2021 01:30 AM by aliciasmith. 29 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
dandy

--
25 Oct 2012 10:03 AM
    i have been to walmart target bealls and kohls for white underwear for bootcamp. i found hanes packs in white but they are high rise and i dont like them.  can someone help me and let me know where you guys got them? i did internet searching too and everything is assorted colors.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cgilliam

--
    25 Oct 2012 10:04 AM
    I found black at Target and was excited because they weren't high rise, but I guess white is all that is allowed so I'm in the same boat as you. Let me know if you find anything!
    But I've got promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. -Robert Frost
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    dandy

--
    25 Oct 2012 10:16 AM
    Yea finding white is becoming impossible
    They are out there but I am not spending $10 a pair!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    dandy

--
    25 Oct 2012 10:52 AM
    Here we go... kennethreeve.com. hanes comfort soft cotton 3 pack! It cost me with shipping $25 its cheaper than in the stores!

Kfstroot

--
    25 Oct 2012 11:50 AM
    I got Jockey white bikini rise at Kohls. Takes some hunting but they are there!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    25 Oct 2012 12:03 PM
    Posted By cgilliam on 25 Oct 2012 10:04 AM
    I found black at Target and was excited because they weren't high rise, but I guess white is all that is allowed so I'm in the same boat as you. Let me know if you find anything!

I've purchased white bikini bottoms at Target, but I think they all came in packs of diff patterns/colors. I'm not sure if they had a pack of just white ones.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    25 Oct 2012 11:25 PM
    Posted By dandy on 25 Oct 2012 10:03 AM
    i have been to walmart target bealls and kohls for white underwear for bootcamp. i found hanes packs in white but they are high rise and i dont like them.  can someone help me and let me know where you guys got them? i did internet searching too and everything is assorted colors.

Who is going to see them and care?  Honestly, every girl in bootcamp with you is going to have granny panties.  Yes, you can spend $10 a pair on "cute" underwear that you are going to wear for 8 weeks (and then trash anyway), but why?  It's completely pointless.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cgilliam

--
    26 Oct 2012 07:06 AM
    Posted By FloridaGirl on 25 Oct 2012 11:25 PM
    Posted By dandy on 25 Oct 2012 10:03 AM

Who is going to see them and care?  Honestly, every girl in bootcamp with you is going to have granny panties.  Yes, you can spend $10 a pair on "cute" underwear that you are going to wear for 8 weeks (and then trash anyway), but why?  It's completely pointless.

For me, it's not about how they look.  I can't speak for dandy but my issue with the high rise style is comfort.  I'm looking for the same type I used when playing sports in high school, comfortable but not "cute" by any means, haha.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cgilliam

--
    26 Oct 2012 07:07 AM
    Posted By ebee on 25 Oct 2012 12:03 PM
    Posted By cgilliam on 25 Oct 2012 10:04 AM

I've purchased white bikini bottoms at Target, but I think they all came in packs of diff patterns/colors. I'm not sure if they had a pack of just white ones.

I'm going to look there again.  I found packs of 3 black pairs togethers so you'd think they would have white in the same way.  Thanks!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    dandy

--
    26 Oct 2012 09:30 AM
    Yea I don't like the hi cut either they are not comfy in any way
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    26 Oct 2012 12:27 PM
    And while I would normally agree with you - I hate pants or undies that come up to my belly button - your ODU pants will do that anyway. Look, I'm not going to lie to you all. I spent way too long trying to find bikini undies. I finally found some in a half white/half pink package. I spent a lot of money so I would have enough white pairs. And it was a complete waste. Every other girl had granny panties, a lot of them just rolled down the tops. And then the damned things came back from the laundry room stained. It's disgusting. I trashed them all (like everyone else did). I tell you these things as a word of warning. One day, long long ago, I felt the same way. Then I got to bootcamp and went, "Well that was pointless."
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cgilliam

--
    26 Oct 2012 01:40 PM
    The staining issue makes me wonder why they don't allow black.
    Any clue?
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    26 Oct 2012 02:50 PM
    No idea. I wish they did.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    dandy

--
    26 Oct 2012 03:05 PM
    Yea, the only thing I really spent money on was additional white sports bras (nike) $13 a piece and white hanes underwear. Everything else I already have, sports bras and underwear are really important for me when it comes to comfort. I could manage with taking a minute shower a day or something like that as long as my underwear and sports bras are comfortable and clean, haha.

I can imagine we are going to be running around like chickens with our heads chopped off for the entire 2 months so in reality it probably isn't going to matter. What is going to matter is making it through the 2 months successfully without any issues.

Thanks Florida.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cgilliam

--
    26 Oct 2012 03:25 PM
    I had to buy sports bras too, because all mine were black or funky colors. I bought black underwear before I got my Helmsman thinking black would make the most sense.
    Erica A

--
    27 Oct 2012 05:03 PM
    This was a nightmare for me. I found a bunch at department stores, i was lucky they were on sale.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cgilliam

--
    31 Oct 2012 11:07 AM
    Look what I found!

http://www.sears.com/hanes-women-s-...lters=Size|5&prdNo=7&blockNo=7&blockType=G7

Also, I looked up a promo code for 15% off. It was "TEAMUP15" Best deal I've found really.
    RebeccaWard

--
    31 Oct 2012 02:07 PM
    When I went through basic, having black underwear wasn't really an issue. A lot of the girls had black sports bras and underwear. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cgilliam

--
    31 Oct 2012 02:25 PM
    Seriously?! That figures, since I retruned my black stuff, haha. Thank you!
    lbleigh25

--
    22 Mar 2013 12:47 PM
    I dont know if this will show up: I asked this on another thread hopeing for an answer.

I saw another post about Long-johns, and tights. Ladys can bring tights? in white and navy blue?
    Is this true? Also do they have to be ankle length or could you were like 5' spandex under shorts and pants?
    Any help would b nice!
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    22 Mar 2013 02:45 PM
    Ive never seen anyone wear tights. And when I went through we werent allowed to wear black. And Im with FG, you are literally going to be throwing away your underware the minute you leave that place. I had white boyshorts from target I think, and by the end of boot they were like white/blue/gray gross.

Psh, and one of my buddies even told me a story of how he somehow ended up with a pair and was scared because he had to walk around the qd and then announced himself to the female berthing and then had to give them to me. Lol I don't remember this but he does.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    dandy

--
    22 Mar 2013 07:24 PM
    lbeigh i answered your question on the other thread... if anything go buy a cheap pair of black biking shorts and wear those underneath the gym shorts. it will help with chafeing.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JDMD

--
    22 Mar 2013 11:12 PM
    Is there a specific style of underwear you are supposed to have? Or is it just about what color it is?
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    23 Mar 2013 10:38 AM
    Anything that covers your behind.
    lbleigh25

--
    26 Mar 2013 12:09 PM
    sorry about that @Dandy !  After posting this question I saw a thread pertaining to just women and so I thought it would be more appropriate there/be seen. Sorry and thank you!
    lbleigh25

--
    26 Mar 2013 12:14 PM
    whoa. my computer and the glitches....
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    26 Apr 2013 12:34 PM
    I am sure you meant for your input to be valubable in some way as you pulled up a thread that was a month old, but actually, no, they do not give you underwear..
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    aliciasmith

--
    21 Dec 2020 01:52 AM
    Hanes produces best women underwear, i am a fan of Hanes since years, have a look, Hanes Undergarments
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    21 Dec 2020 09:45 PM
    Posted By aliciasmith on 21 Dec 2020 01:52 AM
    Hanes produces best women underwear, i am a fan of Hanes since years, have a look, Hanes Undergarments

You're aware the last post in this thread was over 7 1/2 years ago
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    aliciasmith

--
    12 Jan 2021 01:30 AM
    i always use to wear Hanes undies because its too comfy and also in reasonable price at https://www.apparelshopusa.com/7_hanes
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement