Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
uniform/bathing suit
Last Post 15 Nov 2012 11:27 AM by Bells. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
Heather.H

--
12 Nov 2012 05:50 PM
    soooo....for us busty girls. how does cape may accomidate uniforms and swim suits for us. i for one have always had issues fitting into clothing and swim suits because im so top heavy. 
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Heather.H

--
    12 Nov 2012 05:52 PM
    I apologize for the double post. My phone is acting weird today
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    12 Nov 2012 05:57 PM
    Yes, you will be swimming in your tops though. You can get them tailored after bootcamp (I did.) Swimsuits are stretchy, you will be fine.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    dandy

--
    12 Nov 2012 06:06 PM
    i have thunder thighs... that is what I am concerned about! lol
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    12 Nov 2012 06:44 PM
    If you are particularly large, please bring a one piece suit with you just in case they don't have one that will fit you. Inform your recruiter and let them know to contact Cape May with your size so that they can ensure they order a suit to fit. You can let them know that I told you to do this, because it happened to one of my applicants before.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ngonzalez

--
    13 Nov 2012 07:32 AM
    Posted By dandy on 12 Nov 2012 07:06 PM
    i have thunder thighs... that is what I am concerned about! lol

same issue. but really just a large bottom in general and very small on top. Whenever I buy a 1 piece its baggy on top and tight on the bottom, I feel your pain! 
    Annie_Oakley

--
    13 Nov 2012 09:32 PM
    I thought we had to wear a one piece suit for the swim test...are they two pieces now? Do they issues those to us? I am another one with a large chest that could possibly make a few situations in boot camp slightly humiliating. Like an ill fitting swimsuit...
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    14 Nov 2012 08:55 AM
    They are one piece, and they are issued.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cgilliam

--
    14 Nov 2012 12:07 PM
    How about for a 5 foot nothing 100lb recruit? Think I'll have any issues?
    But I've got promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. -Robert Frost
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    14 Nov 2012 12:27 PM
    no, you will be fine, it seems like shorter and shorter girls are taking over my boat every day.

Honestly I think our company swam twice, including the swim test, so even if you are all worried about your swimsuit, don't be. Every recruits' eyes are in the boat... especially in swim class
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cgilliam

--
    14 Nov 2012 12:36 PM
    Don't hate me because I'm vertically challenged, Bells!!
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    14 Nov 2012 12:45 PM
    LOL I don't hate I just will give you a stool when you need to drive from the Helm and then giggle. Hopefully you will become a fireman; you will become an amazing asset to MKs for cleaning bilges. and its fun I will not lie.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    cgilliam

--
    14 Nov 2012 12:50 PM
    Haha, I have a retired USN pal who says he would have loved to have me do fit in small places on his sub to clean. As long as I'm useful!!!
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    15 Nov 2012 11:27 AM
    Lol ur useful dont worry
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement