Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
End of Watch,
Last Post 05 Dec 2012 01:56 AM by leeeen13. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
alexm757

--
02 Dec 2012 05:41 PM
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    02 Dec 2012 05:53 PM
    Absolutely awful news! Sincere condolences to his family and to all those serving in the USCG who lost a brother today.
    kammiSD

--
    02 Dec 2012 06:29 PM
    CGC Halibut, we pray for you guys. Hope the other members of your crew recover quickly. Our deepest condolences for your loss.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Dec 2012 06:58 PM
    I am truly sorry everyone, I had to edit. When the USCG press release says "Names are not being released pending notification of relatives" I had to take off the name. I wanted to know and asked the question who it was myself. But please, let's not have a family member find out they've lost someone through a thread on our forum. There will be time to make personal condolences once the nameis officially released.

I know civilian news agencies have released the name... But I will respect the Commandants statement and the CG's wish not to release until notification is made.

Fair winds and following seas to a shipmate that I am certain will be missed greatly.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    alexm757

--
    02 Dec 2012 07:35 PM
    I'm sorry Old Guard for including his name, I saw the part about not releasing the names of the crew but I also saw other news agencies had his name so I didn't know if the CG press release wasn't updated. Again I'm very sorry for that and I'm sorry to the crew and family of the fallen for their loss.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ClaytonR

--
    02 Dec 2012 07:53 PM
    Posted By alexm757 on 02 Dec 2012 08:35 PM
    I'm sorry Old Guard for including his name, I saw the part about not releasing the names of the crew but I also saw other news agencies had his name so I didn't know if the CG press release wasn't updated. Again I'm very sorry for that and I'm sorry to the crew and family of the fallen for their loss.

Thank you for your understanding on this...it is a common problem in the law enforcement community as well
     for news agencies or other enities to release names before the information is officially released. Most recently happened in Arizona where family found out their father/husband/brother had been killed when the news called them for a statement before the department had been able to contact the family.

on topic...prayers for the crew of the CGC Halibut. I hope the detainees get charged for what they did.

The angry person in me says I hope laws and policy changes to allow pre-emptive attacks on known smuggling vessels :/
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    02 Dec 2012 08:05 PM
    Alex, No worries what so ever. I know it is all over the internet but so long as the one I care about says not released, then it is just not released. But don't worry... it is fine. We all care, wonder, worry, cry for fallen shipmates.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    02 Dec 2012 08:39 PM
    The names of those involved have already been released, and are posted in many articles. Family members were notified this morning.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    janelleyfish

--
    03 Dec 2012 04:42 PM
    Absolutely tragic. My thoughts are with his family and shipmates.
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 Dec 2012 07:27 PM
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...bled=false

They are charging the 2 Mexican nationals in the panga with killing a federal law enforcement officer while on duty. If California has it and follows through, that can equal the deathy penalty. I certainly hope justice is served.

Chief Horne had a wife and a daughter at home, his wife is also expecting their 2nd child.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    janelleyfish

--
    04 Dec 2012 06:20 AM
    I heard that, may she find strength. I can't even imagine...
    Twilson

--
    04 Dec 2012 11:50 AM
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the crew of the Halibut and to the family of Chief Horne, that they might find solace in this time of suffering.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ClaytonR

--
    05 Dec 2012 01:48 AM
    California has it...
    leeeen13

--
    05 Dec 2012 01:56 AM
    Fair winds and following seas, shipmate.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement