Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
DD form 368
Last Post 01 Dec 2016 09:52 AM by rig330. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
patt22

--
05 Dec 2012 05:33 PM

Okay here’s there question and I hope someone can give me a good answer, because getting one is starting to give me a headache. I am current Active duty Air Force with 2 years left on my contract. I have found out that I can complete a DD form 368 and get a conditional release from my contract to join another service. My question is has anyone had any experience with this and if so what is the process? Thanks!

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    05 Dec 2012 05:35 PM
    You and the recruiter fill out the DD368. The recruiter then sends it to your chain of command and hopefully it comes back. Not to discourage you, but most of them never come back.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    gdeyarmond

--
    26 Dec 2012 08:55 AM
    I guess sticking to the same general topic and for my own info, why do other services not accept USCG and USMC DD368's? I always thought a DD form is a DD form. Is it some unspoken agreement, or is it the USCG not agreeing to sign the DD368?
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    26 Dec 2012 09:10 AM
    I'm not following. I've never seen an approved 368 turned down because of the service that signed it. Is that what you're saying? Seems harsh to me.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    gdeyarmond

--
    26 Dec 2012 11:57 AM
    I was just reading that USMC and USCG members must serve their full enlistment if looking to go Army enlisted.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    26 Dec 2012 12:30 PM
    That could be true. I hadn't heard that yet. Through my own experience, I haven't seen a 368 come back from the USMC yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's impossible. I've known one or two coasties that got out to join another branch in recent times.

Do you have a link to what you were reading?
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    26 Dec 2012 05:54 PM
    Its probably that they want you to finish your contract? Honestly its kind of hard to get out of a contract unless you do something to violate it.

You signed a contract; full fill it then sign another one if you want
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    gdeyarmond

--
    28 Dec 2012 12:33 PM
    Here is the link Chief. 

http://www.goarmy.com/benefits/addi...green.html

Selected members of the United States Marine Corps or Coast Guard, who are otherwise qualified, may be eligible for opportunities in the Army. However, Marines and Coast Guard will be required to complete their current term of active service.

Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    28 Dec 2012 12:38 PM
    Oh ok. That specifically applies to the blue to green program, for those that want to join the Army bur are in another branch currently.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    gdeyarmond

--
    28 Dec 2012 12:40 PM
    Understood on serving a full contract Bells, but it's not like you are "breaking" your contract with the government/citizens. You are going from one service to another and you will probably end up serving more time than a standard enlistment if you were to make the switch. You swore in to the President of the United States, the Constitution and anyone (non-specifically) who is above you in rank. Not a service specifically. But this is probably a point and counterpoint type of forum discussion.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    28 Dec 2012 12:59 PM
    It's a fair point.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jni3

--
    29 Dec 2012 10:19 AM
    Blue to green is pretty much over now.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    29 Dec 2012 04:39 PM
    According to the Army site, it's still an active program.
    rig330

--
    01 Dec 2016 09:52 AM
    Did this ever go through?

I am in the same situation and am searching for clarification.

Thank you.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement