Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
hurry up and wait?
Last Post 07 Feb 2013 10:30 AM by strawhatasif. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
strawhatasif

--
17 Dec 2012 11:32 AM
    Hey everyone!

First off, I am excited to have found this board - it has helped me a ton and supplemented info that my recruiter has provided.

So, I just submitted my Reserve Accession form late last week.

My question is - would it be too ambitious to assume that I would get all my final paperwork and processes done before March? I was told an initial date (not confirmed) of March 10 for DEPOT.

My recruiter said we'd be cutting it close, just wanted some insight from y'all on here.

Thanks!
    "Though I may be a Reservist, there is nothing on my uniform that says so. The public does not make that distinction either." =)
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    17 Dec 2012 11:53 AM
    Your recruiter is correct. It's possible, but it's cutting it awfully close at the same time. If all goes perfectly, you might have a shot. If not, I would think the next date would be more realistic.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    strawhatasif

--
    17 Dec 2012 04:55 PM
    thanks a bunch!
    "Though I may be a Reservist, there is nothing on my uniform that says so. The public does not make that distinction either." =)
    strawhatasif

--
    09 Jan 2013 01:55 PM
    just an update that I submitted my SF-86 via eQIP this week...got my ME3 billet at a MSST team reserved/confirmed and my recruiter is now working on submitting my reservation for ME A School. =)

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ljcalimano

--
    12 Jan 2013 09:29 PM
    I have a question in regards to the ME3 billet? What are the qualifications in order to be able to be an ME3?
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    12 Jan 2013 10:19 PM
    VE and AR need to equal 100 on the ASVAB. Also, you have to have a pulse and pass a medical exam.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ljcalimano

--
    13 Jan 2013 10:22 AM
    What that also apply for BM3?

I'm just curious because I am also going the depot route either bm or mk. My recruiter is saying that ill graduate basic training as an E3 and then advance E4 as soon as I graduate A school. So one must finish A school to be a BM3 or MK3? Or there has to be an open slot of BM3 or MK3 at a station for me to fill it?
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    13 Jan 2013 10:32 AM
    Both. There has to be an open spot for you to fill it, and you need to graduate A school to become one. You will technically be filling that billet before you even go to school though. And yes, same acre requirements for both.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ljcalimano

--
    13 Jan 2013 11:20 AM
    Thank you Cooch!
    strawhatasif

--
    04 Feb 2013 02:23 PM
    I just wanted to provide an update that my recruiter has confirmed my boot camp DEPOT date of March 10th.

I will be swearing in on Wednesday of this week and am excited! =)

Thanks to everyone for being helpful so far in answering all of my questions and offering advice/words of encouragement!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Ljcalimano

--
    06 Feb 2013 02:49 PM
    Congrats!! Im looking at the June 9th DEPOT day.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    magmam

--
    06 Feb 2013 03:16 PM
    Swearing in on Feb 6th and DEPOT March 10th? that is 33days...I thought it had to be 60? I will figure this out one of these days..lol
    strawhatasif

--
    06 Feb 2013 03:21 PM
    Thanks Ljcalimano!

magmam - I am in the Reserves so we aren't required to be in the "Delayed Entry Program" or DEP. The 60 day DEP requirement is for active duty.
    jdella27229

--
    06 Feb 2013 05:59 PM
    Congrats straw, I just graduated the last DEPOT class this past Friday. Any questions just PM me.
    strawhatasif

--
    07 Feb 2013 10:30 AM
    Thanks jdella27229 and congrats on graduating! I'll be sure to PM you if I have any questions!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement