Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Paperwork after MEPS
Last Post 16 Jan 2013 06:29 AM by FloridaGirl. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
JohnnyG

--
03 Jan 2013 05:20 PM
    Hello all,

I come for some wisdom for myself and for my parents sake/sanity.

I went to meps Dec 21 (that was a tricky day to learn the preferred way of dating paperwork), and passed everything but my blood pressure. With no previous history, the kind folks gave me a form to fill out and turn in later with a doctor approving that my blood pressure is normal. Got that done the 23rd, but unfortunately my recruiter was/is out until Jan 7th. 

My question is, when I fax that form in to my recruiter, and he forwards it onto MEPS, will I be able to start the next step right then? Or will I have to wait however long for MEPS to approve the paperwork before I get to carry on?

Also, I'm assuming the next step is the E-quip. Assuming that goes off with out a hitch, and I complete it in a timely manner, how much longer until I can request a date (my imaginary finish line)?

Thanks again!
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    03 Jan 2013 05:40 PM
    MEPS will have to approve it before the process can continue. Once they buy off on it, they may either clear you for service, or have you come back to finish the physical, depending on how far along you got. After that, it's up to the recruiter to see if you are joining or not. If yes, eqip will be the next part.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JohnnyG

--
    03 Jan 2013 05:53 PM
    I was cleared on everything. The liaison said I got all 1's and just needed that blood pressure sheet done. So hopefully there's no need to go back just yet.
    Falagund

--
    03 Jan 2013 06:38 PM
    Hope you don't mind me asking, but what is e-quip?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Liongolfer18

--
    03 Jan 2013 07:20 PM
    Its a bunch of paperwork you fill out through the internet that gets submitted for your national security background investigation
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JohnnyG

--
    15 Jan 2013 12:46 PM
    So, got cleared to continue. My recruiter said he is sending in my credit/background check.
    Great news to wake up to, but I'm a little bit confused. I thought I started my E-quip now?? Do I wait for the credit/background check? Or do I start E-quip now?

If I have to wait, what can I start gathering to finish my E-quip "quickly and painlessly?"
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    15 Jan 2013 12:50 PM
    Has he sent you the info for the e-qip? If so, you should start filling that in as soon as possible. You likely won't be able to complete it in one sitting unless you're pretty young and/or have never moved or changed jobs.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JohnnyG

--
    15 Jan 2013 01:37 PM
    Actually, I just got off the phone with my recruiter. He has requested me for May 21st. I didn't realize I was at that point of the process, and truth be told, I can barely contain my excitement.

But, no, he hasn't sent me anything for te E-quip. And unfortunately, I've lived in 2 apartments, and have had 4 jobs since 16. So I guess it may take a while to fill out that na boy
    Either way, I'm happy! Wasn't expecting to be requesting a date so soon!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    15 Jan 2013 01:45 PM
    Posted By JohnnyG on 15 Jan 2013 01:37 PM
    Actually, I just got off the phone with my recruiter. He has requested me for May 21st. I didn't realize I was at that point of the process, and truth be told, I can barely contain my excitement.

But, no, he hasn't sent me anything for te E-quip. And unfortunately, I've lived in 2 apartments, and have had 4 jobs since 16. So I guess it may take a while to fill out that na boy
    Either way, I'm happy! Wasn't expecting to be requesting a date so soon!

No worries! He will get it to you in plenty of time. Congrats on your request for a ship date!

I had to enter info for I think 7 addresses and I think 8 jobs  Just take your time and go through everything carefully and keep a sheet of paper handy to write down questions at the end so you're not having to email/call your recruiter separately for each and every question.

Are you going active or reserves?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JohnnyG

--
    15 Jan 2013 02:32 PM
    Thats a good idea. I think I'll start gathering the information on my past jobs and bosses tonight.

And I will be going active!
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    15 Jan 2013 02:54 PM
    Read the instructions CAREFULLY. You can't have any breaks in employment, if you do you have to bridge the gap by listing "Unemployed" and give a name of a person who can verify. You can only use each person ONE TIME. So, make sure you have a long list. If you haven't registered with Selective Service, now is the time do so. Go to www.sss.gov, if you have registered you'll be able to find your # there.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    15 Jan 2013 05:38 PM
    Awesome news JohnnyG...enjoy and have a blast!
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    15 Jan 2013 05:40 PM
    + 1 Gears.

If more applicants would READ and FOLLOW the directions, there would be less problems processing the eqip. Unfortunately, most of them do not.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    16 Jan 2013 06:29 AM
    And let people know you are going to use them on your Equip and what for. Don't want to spring surprised on people
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement