Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Civies at Coast guard island?
Last Post 13 Feb 2013 09:41 AM by NargilFenris. 16 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
12michaelh

--
04 Feb 2013 07:03 PM
    Im a reservist and my CAC card is locked out. I was told that I need to go and unlock it at Coast guard island. Im new to the coast guard and am not sure, am I supposed to wear my odu to the island even if im not on duty? Im guessing I dont Im just trying to make a fool of myself so quickly. Thanks.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBjunior

--
    04 Feb 2013 11:57 PM
    Call them and ask their policy.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheLurker22

--
    05 Feb 2013 10:18 AM
    I have never heard of any base that doesn't allow civilian gear....especially as a reservist. You're only authorized to wear the ODU's when you're on orders anyway so that's a no to begin with. Civilian gear should be fine. Make sure you're still presentable as a member of the Coast Guard so don't have your pants sagging or have profanity/nudity on your shirt. I would figure that would go without saying but you are definitely representing something much more than yourself now that you're in.

12michaelh

--
    05 Feb 2013 11:17 AM
    Thanks for the reply TheLurker22. I dont own any shirts with profanity or nudity so that wont be a problem.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBjunior

--
    05 Feb 2013 12:49 PM
    Most bases I have been on require uniforms for official business for active duty. I don't know their policies for reserve which is why I said to call and ask.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    05 Feb 2013 03:05 PM
    ANDDDD

If you need a whole new CAC card then you need to be in uniform for the picture. Which you wont know until you get there.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    05 Feb 2013 04:31 PM
    I've gotten my ID card updated a couple of times at Nat'l Guard Armories, I was in civvies. All things considered, I could've probably gone in a clown suit and gotten my ID picture taken.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    05 Feb 2013 05:03 PM
    Nuh uh! I need to make my next one count
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    06 Feb 2013 08:08 AM
    Well since the id card policy is to not show a members rank in their picture there should not be an issue about having to be in uniform. At least we have never required it here, but I am sure it varies from location to location.
    If you were hoping for the A Team you will be sorry to know you got the F Troop.
    Trusted Member
    E

--
    06 Feb 2013 05:28 PM
    Last ID picture I held a white piece of paper up which hid my uniform....
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    06 Feb 2013 08:51 PM
    They ask us if we want to, just to see our birthday better on the back. Nargil. Any idea what I would do if I need to see a YN but am on Kauai? Do I have to fly to Oahu?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    08 Feb 2013 08:06 AM
    Bells I really can't speak for another office but I would guess if you need face to face time you would need to go to where they are. If you don't need face time you can always call their office. If it is just a general question you can always send me a PM.
    If you were hoping for the A Team you will be sorry to know you got the F Troop.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheLurker22

--
    11 Feb 2013 01:46 PM
    Posted By Bells on 05 Feb 2013 04:05 PM
    ANDDDD

If you need a whole new CAC card then you need to be in uniform for the picture. Which you wont know until you get there.

Down at Sector St Pete, I've updated my card requiring a new picture and was never in uniform.  Oh well, I guess the moral of the story is that there are at least some bases that do require it while some do not.  I'll yield back to what JB said and to call ahead just in case.  Nothing negative can come from double checking...in fact, it might save you on the off chance that their base is one that does require it for security reasons.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    12 Feb 2013 10:00 AM
    To tag on, you should always call ahead to an ID card office as those systems are notorious for going down or there might be some early libo granted, etc.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    ClaytonR

--
    13 Feb 2013 07:02 AM
    I was down at PSU 312 in December, and I recall seeing something on a bulletin board that said the ID card office on CGI only accepted walk-ins one day a week for a few hours, or something similar to that. Every other time-frame required a call-ahead appointment.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    13 Feb 2013 08:51 AM
    Definately early libo lol
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    13 Feb 2013 09:41 AM
    The other card offices in our area only work on days that don't end in a Y.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement