Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Open Forum
Last Post 03 May 2020 10:51 AM by CPORJM. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
ejhcougar

--
07 Feb 2013 09:24 AM
    For a website that is supposed to be an open forum, it seems to be run more like North Korean media.  This site was a very good site for information and at times, still is.  This is the third or fourth time that my posts have just randomly disappeared.  It appears as though if you are in the circle of the "good ole' boys" then you are free to say what you want and if any others question that, they are squashed.  Well, with little ado, I will not be returning to this forum and will do what I can to inform and help from more established areas within the Coast Guard.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    07 Feb 2013 09:53 AM
    I have ZERO clue in regards to what you are talking about. There are only a handful of us, by that I mean 3, that can remove posts. I can assure you unless something is completely filled with profanity or is clearly spam, I don't delete posts. You say it, if I don't respect it, I'll call you out on it or ignore you. Just as I am calling you out now. You tell me what posts and I'll ask the other 2 if they deleted anything. It could also just be a glitch. I have over 10,000 posts here, with the exception of early on when I posted an opsec issue, not one ofmy posts has EVER been deleted. So I have to believe it was a glitch. No one here operates their authority with malice.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    07 Feb 2013 10:56 AM
    I haven't deleted your posts Cougar.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member / Administrator
    chukles

--
    07 Feb 2013 11:30 AM
    I have not deleted, and rarely ever do.
    It could be a posting issue with the server. I will look into it.
    I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted Coastie, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    07 Feb 2013 02:44 PM
    I would have liked your last comment sent to me as an email. But I can't delete posts.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ejhcougar

--
    13 Feb 2013 04:55 PM
    I'm not trying to rehash anything only add some specifics. I don't know who, or what happens or why. Just what I see in front of me. I am not pointing any fingers at anyone either or trying to incite chaos and say any person or group is trying to gang up on myself or anyone else. All I know is something always mysteriously happens, I will investigate on my end to see if the issue is on the client side. I vented my frustrations and will be an observer to help when needed.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    13 Feb 2013 05:15 PM
    Its cool, I'm over it. These guys really are here to help people out. They are anything but a "good ole boys club", and if I am being mean, it is most likely because I have felt disrespected or feel that some of these guys just don't get it in terms of earning respect or working hard for what they want.

And if me letting people know that they need to work hard to gain trust and respect makes me a bad supervisor then well hell all of my own supervisors must be bad at it too.
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    13 Feb 2013 09:05 PM
    Good ol' boys club? Clearly you're speaking out of your ass and have no idea who we are or what we are all about. If that's how you feel, bye. I'm tired of the pissing and moaning. We volunteer our time on this site, and we do it on our off time. I've posted over 4,000 times to answer hundreds and even thousands of questions for potential applicants and for those that are currently in, as well as their dependents. The "good ol' boys club" never would've done anything even remotely close to what we've done here. Thanks for the conspiracy theories though. Lord knows that things always go perfectly on a computer and it COULDN'T POSSIBLY be a friggen glitch or error.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    13 Feb 2013 09:15 PM
    If you aren't willing to give particular instances where posts were deleted from... I can't help at all. So I'm done here, too.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ejhcougar

--
    03 May 2020 02:09 AM
    For the record, I made one comment in 7 years and criticized a statement mad by old guard and poof! The whole thread is gone. Almost a decade and nothing has changed. That’s too bad. This used to be an excellent place for information. It helped me extensively when I first prepared to join. I hope others get the same usage from it.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    CCCSD

--
    03 May 2020 10:22 AM
    I think it’s wonderful that you reopened a thread seven years later to slam the site again.

Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    03 May 2020 10:51 AM
    Posted By ejhcougar on 03 May 2020 03:09 AM
    For the record, I made one comment in 7 years and criticized a statement mad by old guard and poof! The whole thread is gone. Almost a decade and nothing has changed. That’s too bad. This used to be an excellent place for information. It helped me extensively when I first prepared to join. I hope others get the same usage from it.

What's the point in dredging up old history?  Has something happened that would make this relevant again?
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement