Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Coastal Forces
Last Post 04 Oct 2017 01:09 PM by delphinus. 11 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages Informative
Tom Ewald

--
15 Feb 2013 11:39 AM
    Anyone out there ever been in Coastal Forces.  I was in it in the 60's
    quartermasterfred

--
    21 Feb 2013 11:41 AM
    I trained for awhile for that and then they decided to get me ready for vietnam asap and i had complete series of rabies shots and got get to hawaii forming up and then i got lucky and got orders for philippines the cgc nettle caviete city we went to nam three times before decom of ship and it trasfered to philippine navy i was there for two yrs. god bless 1965 tracen alameda
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    21 Feb 2013 11:49 AM
    Thank you for your service, to both of you. The military was far different then from what it is today.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    21 Feb 2013 02:31 PM
    i had complete series of rabies shots

You're kidding. Tell me you're kidding.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    MattTheMech

--
    21 Feb 2013 03:17 PM
    I've also had a complete series of rabies shots, but it wasn't for the military 
    quartermasterfred

--
    22 Feb 2013 06:53 AM
    Thank you also not only the cg but all things i remember the treasury dept cg then the d o t cg now homeland the mission and goals have changed along with the world i guess   god bless
    dmaul

--
    01 Jun 2013 08:03 PM
    tom,  i was in the costal forces 6/65 to 4/71 - 6 by 6  -- cape may, camp geiger, yorktown...
    Bsalty2

--
    27 Nov 2013 12:46 PM
    I was in the first class 1963 in Cape May.  I believe the very originating unit. 
    Twenty members of which 10 went on to Legune. I was not one of those chosen. 
    wainaright

--
    22 Jun 2014 02:16 PM
    I was in 1967 at Cape May.  CF 21
    Coastalforce

--
    23 Jun 2015 09:57 PM
    I wrote a detailed thing about my time in K-47 at Alameda in 1965 in addition to my A School Coastal Forces team 11. I sent this to the editor of the Reservist for info only. The editor had been clean it up a bit and I left it alone. Years later my son found it on the USCG history site. I was surprised. The next guy to come back from boot and Coastal Forces A School arrived on the weekend the announcement was made in 1967 that the whole thing was disbanded.
    Coastalforce

--
    23 Jun 2015 10:03 PM
    I should have added that the picture on the USCG History site is of Coastal Forces Team 11 by the boat house at Alameda in early January 1966. I know, who contributed the photo. I still have one, but in poor shape. I used the training and skills learned in the CG all through my working life. The CG was a good thing and good to me. I tried to do my best to be a good member over the years of serving in the ready boat unist, MARDEZ and MSO. Mike Benjamin PSC Ret.
    delphinus

--
    04 Oct 2017 01:09 PM
    I was in the Coastal Forces in 1966. Our leader's name was Taylor and here are the names of those I remember were in the unit with me:

Carlson
    Skoog
    Roundtree
    Maggiora
    Graham
    Taylor
    Fancher

We trained at Camp Roberts for weeks then went to Camp Pendleton for ITR (Infantry Training Regiment) and BIT (Basic Infantry Training) with the Marines at Horno.

Stan Minasian
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement