Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Retirement of Coast Guard Magazine
Last Post 19 Feb 2013 02:18 PM by Old Guard2. 4 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
inkedgypsy

--
19 Feb 2013 10:40 AM
    thought this was interesting:
    SUBJ: RETIREMENT OF COAST GUARD MAGAZINE
    1.  For decades Coast Guard Magazine, in several forms, has been our
    flagship publication providing news and feature stories about Coast
    Guard missions, policies and the achievements of our Coast Guard
    family.  Coast Guard Magazine discussed issues of concern to the
    workforce and shared iconic imagery from across our Service,
    providing information and entertainment.
    2.  The continued growth of our Coast Guard social media program
    provides us the opportunity to embrace advancements in real-time,
    two-way communication to better share information and receive
    feedback from the American people, those whom we regulate and, most
    importantly, the Coast Guard family.  Our award-winning Compass blog,
    along with our YouTube channel, Facebook page, and Twitter and Flickr
    accounts, add viewership and followers each month as we expand
    features and content.  Compass blog stories have been viewed almost
    14 million times since its launch less than four years ago. More than
    56,000 people view our content on Facebook each day and the Coast
    Guard enjoys the third most-viewed public sector YouTube channel,
    only behind NASA and the White House.
    3.  As part of our ongoing commitment to integrate technology into
    our communication with the Coast Guard family, we are retiring Coast
    Guard Magazine as we continue the transition to a more comprehensive
    social media program.  Our social media content already extends to
    more diverse and wider audiences far exceeding the capabilities and
    reach of Coast Guard Magazine.  Part of our transition will include
    two new online tools called the Coast Guard All Hands blog and Coast
    Guard Maritime Commons blog.  Coast Guard All Hands will facilitate
    online communication with the Coast Guard family and Maritime Commons
    will include content of interest to maritime industry.
    4.  Coast Guard All Hands will allow us to provide more stories as
    well as more timely and interactive content.  Coast Guard All Hands
    will give us the ability to communicate with the Coast Guard family
    through Internet browsers on computers, tablets and smart phones
    wherever they may be and whenever they wish to access the
    information. Furthermore, this two-way communication tool will allow
    senior leadership to listen to what you have to say and consider your
    feedback on how we do business as part of a larger organizational
    growth process and commitment to serve the Coast Guard family.
    5.  We appreciate that some members continue to have limited access
    to digital media. We are working with the Area staffs to implement
    mechanisms to periodically transmit blog entries to cutters underway
    for extended periods and units in remote locations that can then be
    made available locally for crews.
    6.  The Fall 2012 issue currently being distributed will be the last
    regular edition of Coast Guard Magazine published. Coast Guard
    Magazine has been the premier magazine for generations of Coast Guard
    men and women, tracing its roots back to the United States Lighthouse
    Service.  It served us well and stood a taut watch.  It deserves an
    honorable retirement.  Therefore, we intend to publish a final
    commemorative edition of Coast Guard Magazine this summer.
    7.  RDML Steven D. Poulin, Director of Governmental and Public
    Affairs, sends.
    8.  Internet release authorized.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    19 Feb 2013 11:31 AM
    I guess it was the CG magazine we used to get... We lived out in Bells Flats, on Kodiak when we were first married. Jim would cook dinner and I would read that thing out loud, cover to cover. Even looking at the mutual section, that was always huge. I haven't seen one in years... Gypsy, if you get an extra copy of the summer commemortive one, let me know. I'll gladly pay you for it and for shipping. I would love to have the last one, since I don't have any from 27+ years ago! LOL
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    inkedgypsy

--
    19 Feb 2013 01:16 PM
    Posted By Old Guard2 on 19 Feb 2013 12:31 PM
    I guess it was the CG magazine we used to get... We lived out in Bells Flats, on Kodiak when we were first married. Jim would cook dinner and I would read that thing out loud, cover to cover. Even looking at the mutual section, that was always huge. I haven't seen one in years... Gypsy, if you get an extra copy of the summer commemortive one, let me know. I'll gladly pay you for it and for shipping. I would love to have the last one, since I don't have any from 27+ years ago! LOL
    I will!!  DH was stationed in Kodiak from 03- 07, we lived in Aviation Hill

Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jaycaton

--
    19 Feb 2013 01:29 PM
    More than 56,000 people view our content on Facebook each day and the Coast Guard enjoys the third most-viewed public sector YouTube channel, only behind NASA and the White House.

WOW, that's really impressive. I think I will need to spend some more time on the YouTube channel to see what I'm missing.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    19 Feb 2013 02:18 PM
    We were there from 85-90. We started in Bells Flats, moved on base and we were upper government hill. That housing was mostly lost in January of 89 with a horrible cold snap. Our son was due in February, that was fun. We lost that house because of frozen pipes, lived with friends in the old chief's quarters. Those don't exist anymore either. Then we finally got a place on lower government hill. The 4-plex right across the street from medical, catty corner to admin. I loved that place. We stayed there until we left for OCS. Wow, that was a long time ago. LOL
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement