Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
General Discussion
Last Post 25 Feb 2013 08:18 PM by captkyguy. 24 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Basic Member
Basic Member
JBjunior

--
24 Feb 2013 03:21 PM
    When I click on active topics a topic will pop up that is under "General Discussion" when I go to check out the topic it has me log in again and then sends me to the community side.  Are there special privileges that I don't have to view that?
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    24 Feb 2013 03:30 PM
    It's a moderator/trusted member forum only a few of us have access to.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBjunior

--
    24 Feb 2013 03:39 PM
    Ah, I see. Strange that it pops up for us lowly general members to see but not access.....
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    24 Feb 2013 03:55 PM
    Yeah.. We've had a few people ask about. If you stick around you may get invited in.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBjunior

--
    24 Feb 2013 04:04 PM
    "Sticking around" while being a junior officer on a cutter is subjective.  I am sure it isn't quite the Bohemian Grove in there but if I get the invite I will attend the monthly meetings, as long as there aren't too many rituals.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    24 Feb 2013 04:25 PM
    There's a series of tests you have to pass in order to be admitted.. Crossing the Desert, The Unblinking Eye, The Paddling of the Swollen Ass... It's worth it for the option of discussing non forum related topics.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBjunior

--
    24 Feb 2013 04:29 PM
    Posted By Gears on 24 Feb 2013 05:25 PM
    There's a series of tests you have to pass in order to be admitted.. Crossing the Desert, The Unblinking Eye, The Paddling of the Swollen Ass... It's worth it for the option of discussing non forum related topics.

Sounds like it is worth it, I was worried it was going to be a little more intense than that.  Do I at least get a bumper sticker or a button?
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    24 Feb 2013 04:37 PM
    Would you settle for a slight nod of acknowledgement?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBjunior

--
    24 Feb 2013 04:42 PM
    Posted By Gears on 24 Feb 2013 05:37 PM
    Would you settle for a slight nod of acknowledgement?

Sure, because on second thought I couldn't go around advertising with things like a button or a bumper sticker.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    24 Feb 2013 04:45 PM
    A bumper sticker on the back of a cutter! I like it.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBjunior

--
    24 Feb 2013 04:47 PM
    Posted By Old Guard2 on 24 Feb 2013 05:45 PM
    A bumper sticker on the back of a cutter! I like it.

I guess we could market a new item, the "Stern Sticker."
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    24 Feb 2013 05:15 PM
    "My Crew is on the Honor Roll at Underway Elementary," I don't know how I feel about that.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    JBjunior

--
    24 Feb 2013 05:29 PM
    Posted By Gears on 24 Feb 2013 06:15 PM
    "My Crew is on the Honor Roll at Underway Elementary," I don't know how I feel about that.

Maybe, "My crew maintains a 100% CGBI readiness 78% of the time" sticker.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    24 Feb 2013 05:51 PM
    Posted By JBjunior on 24 Feb 2013 06:29 PM

Maybe, "My crew maintains a 100% CGBI readiness 78% of the time" sticker.

Yes
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    24 Feb 2013 06:52 PM
    My Crew has gone XX number of days without a mishap.
    oO Flowzilla Oo

--
    24 Feb 2013 08:36 PM
    I can't see it... What's it called? *searches for secret discussion area for about 5 minutes* I am not amused...
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    24 Feb 2013 09:12 PM
    You won't be able to find it. If and when the time is right, it finds you.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    24 Feb 2013 09:30 PM
    It's not like you're missing anything.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    24 Feb 2013 09:31 PM
    The secrets of the unknown will be revealed when your time is right :-)
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    24 Feb 2013 11:03 PM
    It's like a line crossing. You get there when you get there, and the rituals and secrets are kept guarded.
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    25 Feb 2013 07:12 AM
    This is from the last ritual we had for those who crossed the line.

Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    25 Feb 2013 08:44 AM
    lol!
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    oO Flowzilla Oo

--
    25 Feb 2013 05:44 PM
    I'm not sure if I want to be a part of this secret society anymore...
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    25 Feb 2013 05:48 PM
    secret society

We prefer the term "sewing circle," it's less sinister by far.
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    25 Feb 2013 08:18 PM
    Posted By oO Flowzilla Oo on 25 Feb 2013 06:44 PM
    I'm not sure if I want to be a part of this secret society anymore...

Oh, but you do, you really do 
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement