Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Good conduct medal?
Last Post 23 Dec 2018 01:10 PM by CPORJM. 13 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
magmam

--
01 Apr 2013 01:27 PM
    My son texted me that he got one but that is all the info I got? What specifically might it be for?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    TheBigC1234

--
    01 Apr 2013 01:30 PM
    Good conduct medal is awarded to Guardsmen that do not get in trouble (masted court martial etc) for a period of 3 years. One is awarded every three years if the member maintains "good conduct"
    It's Hammer Time!!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    01 Apr 2013 09:26 PM
    It is also worth an extra point on their service wide exam.
    If you were hoping for the A Team you will be sorry to know you got the F Troop.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    janelleyfish

--
    04 Apr 2013 06:22 AM
    Just wondering... Is this type of award something the active duty member is given automatically if they qualify, or do they need to apply for it?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    04 Apr 2013 08:59 AM
    It is given, you don't have to apply or request. For every 3 years of good conduct,t he medal is awarded. I think of all the ribbons on my ex-husband's chest, he wears that one with a lot of pride. It isn't given to officers. So that symobilzes his time as an enlisted man. There aren't a whole lot of Captain's that have that. He is very proud of that one, it also let's everyone know he is a Mustang.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    janelleyfish

--
    04 Apr 2013 09:00 AM
    Very cool!
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    NargilFenris

--
    04 Apr 2013 12:30 PM
    Wow from E to CAPT very nice.
    If you were hoping for the A Team you will be sorry to know you got the F Troop.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    sardaddy

--
    04 Apr 2013 12:56 PM
    I have also heard the award called the "I got away with it" medal. There has been discussion of doing away with the medal as many feel it is no longer needed. In an all volunteer service where poor conduct will get you booted, many say it is hard to justify getting a medal simply for not screwing up. I doubt it will ever go away but who knows. I got mine in 1991. Haven't been eligible since.
    Default Again

--
    04 Apr 2013 02:37 PM
    The Army also has this medal. Curious, do the Coast Guard reserve members receive this or do they get something else? E army reserves and national guard get the Army Reserve Components. Achievement Medal (ARCAM) every three years of goo-conduct service. The Good conduct medal is given to soldiers who deploy are activated for one year for a deployment (if it is their first one), but hat deployment time doesn't count toward the ARCAM. If a soldier has two and a half years of ARCAM time, then is deployed for the first time, the 2.5 years is lost. AGRs get the GCM. I started AGR in 2008, lost two years of ARCAM time. It is interesting. And at least for the army, it happens automatically as long as the personnel sections are paying attention.
    O be wise, what can I say more? -Jacob
    Default Again

--
    04 Apr 2013 02:40 PM
    Of course, that is as long as the soldiers conduct is good during that time. For as often as people get article 15s, DUIs, etc, it isn't automatic.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    sardaddy

--
    04 Apr 2013 07:11 PM
    The Army also has this medal.

All the services have a Good Conduct Medal and the rules to get one are pretty much the same.

Curious, do the Coast Guard reserve members receive this or do they get something else?

Reservists receive the Coast Guard Reserve Good Conduct medal in stead of the Coast Guard Good Conduct Medal.

Default Again

--
    04 Apr 2013 07:16 PM
    Thanks.
    louiedog

--
    23 Dec 2018 07:58 AM
    if you are active and go reserve do you wear both?
    Resserve Chief/Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    CPORJM

--
    23 Dec 2018 01:10 PM
    Just answered this for you in the Reserve sub forum
    "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."-Jonathan Swift
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement