Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
ME "A" SCHOOL 19 SEPTEMBER 2013
Last Post 07 Feb 2014 12:40 PM by Cooch. 10 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
strawhatasif

--
17 Apr 2013 01:43 PM
    I have this date for ME "A" School.

Anyone else have this date?

Thanks,

SN Fasih
    "Though I may be a Reservist, there is nothing on my uniform that says so. The public does not make that distinction either." =)
    dperry

--
    08 May 2013 01:45 PM
    I don't have this date but if you don't mind me asking; how long has your wait for ME A School been? and do you know if the waits are getting any better?

I leave May 21st and had this rate in mind!

Thanks
    D!
    strawhatasif

--
    10 May 2013 10:04 AM
    @dperry - Since I'm a Reservist, I have not had to wait for "A" School and got this date when I signed my contract back in February. I chose this date to give myself 06 months at my unit before "A" School.

I've heard the wait times are steady right now...for ME "A" School it's around 3 years. That's what my Active Duty counterparts are saying.

Good luck at Cape May!
    "Though I may be a Reservist, there is nothing on my uniform that says so. The public does not make that distinction either." =)
    Bd7406

--
    29 Nov 2013 10:52 AM
    Happy Thanksgiving
    could you guys and gals give me any insight as to what to expect in ME school. i go in the next one.
    RDCcanty

--
    29 Jan 2014 07:26 PM
    I ship out on march 25 and I want to do ME. Can anyone tell me how long the wait is looking like?
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    29 Jan 2014 08:53 PM
    Seriously RD, do you read anything at all that we post to you????? I believe it has been asked and answered I can't count how many times... I think about 4 or 5 actually. But how about asking a question, getting the answer and saying thank you. Not asking again, again, again... Take a look at the A School lost for yourself. I know we also told you how to google it and where it can be located on this forum. Now, show some initiative and figure it out.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    30 Jan 2014 06:10 AM
    [sarcasm]The wait for ME school is super short right now. I've heard of some cases of super motivated applicants skipping boot camp and going straight to ME school. Boot camp isn't going to teach you how to be tacticool, how to pose for action shots, or how to spit out a memorable one liner to a bunch handcuffed drug runners. Make sure you talk to your recruiter about getting ME school guaranteed in your contract. In fact, most people don't know you can get a specific units added in. You only want to go to MSSTs, MSRTs, and TACLETS make sure it's in your contract. Don't want to stand watch, handle admin, or attend training make sure it's in your contract. You can't waste time sitting around in a classroom, those drug runners are just waiting for you to deliver a back flip face punch while hanging upside down from a helo. Your high speed lifestyle is going to take its toll. So, you'll be getting time off, but drugs never take a day off. One minute you'll be playing beach volleyball with the rest of the CG's most hardened Boarding Team, and suddenly you'll be somewhere in the Pacific on a cutter giving commands to the CO based on your well-honed instincts for LE. It's going to be an exciting life.[/sarcasm]
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    RDCcanty

--
    30 Jan 2014 11:36 PM
    Not once did I even begin to talk like I can go straight from basic to jumping out of a helo or even getting onto special teams. I know I'm going to be doing grunt work for a long time. I have questions because I'm excited. I get conflicting stories, not just on the forum and I've never even used a forum so I don't know how many separate people answer these questions. Is it so wrong that I want to know what I'm getting myself into? I don't really care what I do, as long as I enjoy it, or even learn to enjoy it. I know it's not kicking doors down high speed chases, no form of law enforcement is like that on a daily basis. Im in a family full of LE so I know it takes a lot of hard work or even sheer LUCK to even be eligible For teams of that nature. I just don't want to spend my entire enlistment on a waiting list. From the outside, it's confusing from the outside.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    31 Jan 2014 06:08 AM
    And we are happy to answer, we have been answering but you keep asking the same questions over and over and over... You asked, we answered. Then you find another thread and ask again. Then another. You were directed to the A School list and yet you continue to ask the wait time. The list comes out on the 15th of every month, bookmark it, check it. You will see there isn't going to be much moving. You are also so focused on one unit and one until alone. There are many units in the CG, all do an extremely important job. You sound like if I'm not TACLET or MSRT I'll just never be the same... You have to understand, you may NEVER get one of those assignments. And again, asking, asking, asking will not get you there. We have no idea if you'll ever get assigned to one of those units. It is a crap shot your entire career.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    31 Jan 2014 06:22 AM
    You're getting conflicting info on this forum? Where exactly is it coming from? Perhaps if you started your own thread or limited your questions to one thread you'd encounter less confusion. If you want clarification on something ask for it. Ask your recruiter, or ask your recruiter to get you in touch with an ME, I'm certain they know at least one or know where to find one.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Cooch

--
    07 Feb 2014 12:40 PM
    Btw, your entire first enlistment will be spent on the ME waiting list. Even the SN and FN that come out here to PATFORSWA have been in for several years, and they will go to the top of the school list when they are tour complete here.

Also, if you want LE, ME is not the only rating that does it. BM, MK, and FS also have a lot of LE opportunities.
    You can meet the standard, or you can set the standard. It's your choice.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement