Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
CommSta Kodiak
Last Post 22 Apr 2013 08:33 PM by Old Guard2. 12 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ATLCoastie

--
22 Apr 2013 01:30 PM
    So, I'll be headed to CommSta Kodiak as an OS3 after I graduate May 29th. Any words of advice?!
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    22 Apr 2013 01:36 PM
    See you when you get here
    Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    22 Apr 2013 02:17 PM
    If you are filling FG's boots, those are some big ones to fill. Best of luck. I learned I loved that island a lot more after I left.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    22 Apr 2013 03:47 PM
    FL to AK? I thought I was set to experience culture shock.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    22 Apr 2013 04:17 PM
    Lol well sh*t. Your gunna meet one of my best girl friends ever. Have a greaaaat time
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    22 Apr 2013 04:18 PM
    Get a lot of good hobbies and ponchos
    Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    22 Apr 2013 04:29 PM
    Posted By Gears on 22 Apr 2013 04:47 PM
    FL to AK? I thought I was set to experience culture shock.

You have no idea. And remember, my first winter here was the worst in over 40 years. Best to jump in both feet first.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    22 Apr 2013 04:47 PM
    Posted By Bells on 22 Apr 2013 05:17 PM
    Lol well sh*t. Your gunna meet one of my best girl friends ever. Have a greaaaat time

Awww ^_^
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    22 Apr 2013 04:57 PM
    my first winter here was the worst in over 40 years.

I've had enough winter for one lifetime. You're welcome to it.
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    FloridaGirl

--
    22 Apr 2013 05:00 PM
    I fully intend to never see another winter. I don't know the CG has planned for me, but twice was twice too many
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    22 Apr 2013 06:41 PM
    Good thing your getting here during the thaw. It can get pretty depressing during the freeze. Its something one needs to "transition" into slowly...
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    22 Apr 2013 08:04 PM
    It can get pretty depressing during the freeze.

I just read.. White sand beaches and crystal blue water as far as the eye can see.
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    22 Apr 2013 08:33 PM
    Unless I can go back to Texas, I would rather be in Alaska then here. I hate here! I did make the mistake of moving to Kodiak in December! Oh boy, that was rough. Winter, dark, cold, rainy/snowy, windy... I thought for sure I was on the cold side of hell. But then spring happened and I loved, loved, loved it! Have to admit I was ready to go after 5 years. But I sure did miss it once we left it. It's a weird place... you hate to love it, you love to hate it... but for some reason, there is just something about it that rock that stays with you.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement