Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Chances?
Last Post 26 Apr 2013 11:49 PM by lherring52. 7 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
lherring52

--
24 Apr 2013 06:37 PM
    I and a female and will be a college grad with a degree in international affairs/relations. Very good grades. This may not be true at all but I have heard that it is easier for females to be accepted into the CG because there are fewer females in the GC and they want more. This may be totally untrue, could someone clear it up? Thank you. Also, if you go in with a college degree, do you go in higher that the normal enlisted person? Thank you.
    jayjay295

--
    24 Apr 2013 06:51 PM
    Ok first anyone correct me if im wrong. im going to boot camp june 25th and im obsessed with CG. i learned so MUCH from this forum. 

First, there are more bunks available for women at boot camp as i was told and there is a higher percentage of men who apply which makes it harder for men to get accepted due to the competition and less supply for such a higher demand. 

Second degree only accounts for pay. 60 college credits gets you in as an E-3 at the end of boot camp. so you get an advancement pay. Again the degree and and credit just go in account for pay grade. Another way to be an E-3 is to sign a 6 year contract. 

Again the administrators can correct me or JBraz can as well. 
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    GeoBurdell

--
    25 Apr 2013 12:02 PM
    Short answer lherring52: No, it is not easier for a female to get into the USCG.

jayjay295: It wasn't easier for my daughter to get a spot. She still had to impress upon the recruiter that she was someone to server with. The Coast Guard uses a total person concept. It is as much about the proper attitude as it is about brawn or brains.

The ONLY time that being a female may help in the recruiting process is when all the male beds are filled there may still be a female rack available for an earlier ship date. Baby Burdell was pushed back a week (she will be with you on 6/25 jay) because there was not a female rack available on 6/18.
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    25 Apr 2013 12:54 PM
    +1 Geo
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    jayjay295

--
    25 Apr 2013 03:55 PM
    I totally forgot about the person concept. sorry for not putting that in as well. like i said any information i missed was freely to be out in. I took my asvab twice and well blessed to be in because my score went from 38 to 53 which was good but not what i wanted. But me not giving up and showing them that i wanted to serve with their branch and show them i was the right guy for them to recruit i got in. Me living in NY was a challenge because after i failed once and took it a month later despite my recruiter say statically its not possible to get such a high increase i did it any way all with the hurricane that took place. 

So thank for reminding me about it. It shows they want the very best NOT KILLERS!!
    jayjay295

--
    25 Apr 2013 03:57 PM
    BTW Geo congrats for your daughter!!
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    25 Apr 2013 07:42 PM
    Lots of people have degrees that are coming in. Right now I think its cooler if you don't have a degree. You know, go against the grain; be the goat in a herd of cows. Baaa instead of mooo.

Also, don't let anyone tell you different, but females are taking over. Males that say otherwise are in denial.

Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    lherring52

--
    26 Apr 2013 11:49 PM
    Thank you for the answers, everyone.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement