Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Hello from the Nations Capitol!
Last Post 06 May 2013 07:53 AM by mkelly. 8 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cbrutus

--
02 May 2013 09:46 PM
    My name is Casey Brutus, and I live in Washington DC. I can't explain how excited I am that I found this site! There is more info here then I have found after months of research. I have wanted to be in the Coast Guard for way to long, so now I'm finally going for it. I will be going to MEPs in 1 week! I have been a swimmer my entire life, even through college, so I can't stay away from the water. If there are any ASTs out there it would be awesome to connect with you. Even if you are wanting to join to become an AST. I'm looking forward to starting this new journey in my life!
    BVintage

--
    02 May 2013 10:15 PM
    Sorry, not an AST, but still I wanted to welcome you to the site!
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    ebee

--
    03 May 2013 04:39 AM
    Not trying to become an AST but I am from the DC area and will be shipping to boot camp this August. The DC recruiting office is great. Good luck with the process!!
    Moderator / Trusted Member
    Forum Supreme!
    Forum Supreme!
    Old Guard2

--
    03 May 2013 05:33 AM
    Not an AST either, just a mom. Welcome aboard. If you have questions, obviously that's what we do best. We enjoy helping however we can. Enjoy and best of luck.
    Sector NY, Staten Island
    Trusted Member
    captkyguy

--
    03 May 2013 08:43 PM
    Welcome, Glad you found the forum. We wish you the best and we hope your journey is an awesome one.

AST is an awesome goal...if you set your mind and heart to it we know you can do it! Being a solid swimmer is a good plus but it will take more than just swimming to become an AST. An ASTC shared with me a few years ago that he has seen many college and even Olympic caliber swimmers not complete the AST program because they quit...it is a whole lot different being in the water fatigued and tired with 220 pound, six foot guys trying to drown you while you try to save them and they rip your mask off, climb on top of you holding you under the water, or you are so cold that your body is shutting down but you still have to complete the task at hand, and have to have the will power and heart to continue to go forward, never to give up, never to quit no matter how difficult it is, no matter how loud your body an mind is screaming at you to quit, to give up an go home where it is warm and dry...the AST will always continue to move forward, will never give up, will always know he/she can...there is no such word as quit, there is no giving up ever.

Start that mind set now, take the words quit and give up out of your vocabulary...and you will be successful...we know it!

We wish you the best at MEPS.
    I want to finally set it free, So show me how to see what Your mercy sees, Help me now to give what You gave to me...Forgiveness, Forgiveness
    cbrutus

--
    05 May 2013 10:02 AM
    Thanks for the words of encouragement and advise! I know that if I put my mind to it I can do anything. I absolutely love a challenge, which is why AST appeals to me so much. I know it will not be easy by any means, even with a strong swimming background, but I will stop at nothing to achieve this goal!
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    05 May 2013 07:11 PM
    I'm an AST. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm happy to help
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Lance

--
    05 May 2013 09:55 PM
    I'm an AST. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm happy to help

(muah mike)
    Trusted Member
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    mkelly

--
    06 May 2013 07:53 AM
    Thanks Lance. With our powers combined, we might actually be able to help....
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement