Register | Login
United States Coast Guard Forums and Information
The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,yacht,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States Coast Guard. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,travel,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion The World's Premiere Source for United States. Information and resources about the USCG, rules, regulations, policy, pay, jobs, forms, pay, locations, and more. auxiliary,faq,facts,manuals,boating rules,boating regulations,boating safety,inflatable boats, scuba diving,boating magazines,boats,boat talk,boaters,boats for sale,boating information,survey,cruising,cruiser,sea,ocean,tide,current,weather,marine,ships,inflatables,fishing,fisherman,cutter,boat navigation,wind,chart,navigator,powerboat,sailboat,sailing,opinion
Types of units
Last Post 22 Jun 2013 09:18 AM by Bells. 14 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
blitzburgh

--
10 May 2013 12:48 PM
    Hello all, I've been at a small boat station for 2.5 years (since bootcamp) and I've had my mind set on aviation. I recently decided to switch to MK because of the wait and I have a couple sign offs left and I can take the MK3 test. I started looking at the e-resume but found out I don't know much about cutters other than length and color of hull. My question is, are there any good websites that tell you things like number of crew, usual port calls, whether its 2 months out 2 months in or whatever it may be? I'm just trying to figure out what I want to put on the e-resume. Thank you!
    Trusted Member
    Gears

--
    10 May 2013 02:17 PM
    “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ― Bruce Lee
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    10 May 2013 08:09 PM
    Go on cgportal and find a unit information sheet for a specif unit that interests you.
    blitzburgh

--
    10 May 2013 09:56 PM
    Awesome! Thank you both. Also do you get BAS if your on a cutter? Or does it depend on the size of cutter?
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    CaptNick

--
    10 May 2013 10:59 PM
    You get partial BAS.
    blitzburgh

--
    11 May 2013 12:52 AM
    Alright thanks
    BM1JB

--
    11 May 2013 07:37 AM
    In my opinion as an MK you will do a lot more on most cutters than at a station. Actually work on some serious power plants depending on where you go. The schedules are very unit specific, but generally by class you are looking at long 2-3 month patrols on WMEC or larger. Nice part is you normally know that schedule quite a way out, so planning things is pretty easy. A patrol boat is underway a lot less overall, but you don't really know when that is going to be, and you have a lot of standby time ect. If fun foreign port calls are your thing the bigger the better. WMEC, WHEC or Polar Roller.
    As far as BAS, unfortunately the benefits to going to sea are kind of going away. You get a very small portion of your BAS, the rest goes to the CG Dining Facility on board. Only exception I know of being the 65ft harbor tugs which don't have a cook. My sea pay will not make up for the loss of BAS until this year when as an E-6 I will get my 36 month consecutive sea time kicker, and even at that point it is probably worth less since sea pay is taxed, BAS is not.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    11 May 2013 10:42 AM
    You probably wont be putting anything on a e-resume. A detailer is going to email you a list of picks and then you will go from there.

Take what you like and leave the rest behind.
    blitzburgh

--
    11 May 2013 12:52 PM
    About how many picks?
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    12 May 2013 07:06 AM
    It depends how many strikers there also are. When I was going through it we had about 20 strikers and 21 picks. I chose to fleet up so that the next year I could compete during transfer season because I didn't like any of the picks and I'm female so the only cutters on the list I could go to were 378s.

You won't be using DA unless you are tour complete. Usually the picks strikers get are the left over list from transfer season, or critical fills.
    blitzburgh

--
    12 May 2013 11:44 AM
    You chose to fleet up to compete for the transfer season? What do you mean?
    paultim374

--
    20 Jun 2013 03:43 AM
    Dear do you get BAS if your on a cutter? Or does it depend on the size of cutter?
    leather-jackets [url=http://www.leather-jackets.me/]rick owens leather jacket[/url] envisionwebhosting [url=http://www.envisionwebhosting.com/ ]envision web hosting dedicated server hosting[/url] actualtests [url=http://www.actualtests.ws/ ]actualtests practice test and course pdf[/url]
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    20 Jun 2013 09:38 AM
    I chose to fleet up because there was a spot available. If there isn't a spot available then its not gunna happen.

On a cutter you get BAS but then it gets taken away simultaneously because you have tk pay to eat at the galley. The only time you keep it is if the galley is closed, or if you were an officer and didnt eat ever
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    jni3

--
    22 Jun 2013 06:33 AM
    but while you are on leave, from the cutter, you are entitled to receive "leave rations" which are payable at the same daily rate as BAS.
    Trusted Member
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Bells

--
    22 Jun 2013 09:18 AM
    True
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Active Forums 4.3

Military clothing, gear, insignia, baseball caps and other quality items at SoldierCity

Disclaimer

This web site is a privately-owned and has not been underwritten or supported by the United States Coast Guard. 
    The views and opinions posted by members do not reflect the views and opinions of the United States Coast Guard.
    This is an informational site. Welcome aboard!

Copyright 2010 by USCG.ORG
    United States Coast Guard Forums and Information  |  Terms Of Use  |  Privacy Statement