4 active duty and 3 civilians. Plan on enlisting...
R 101416Z JUN 13
SUBJ: OFFICER CANDIDATE SCHOOL (OCS) 13 MAY 2013 SELECTION PANEL
RESULTS (RESERVE COMMISSION)
A. 161559Z AUG12/ALCGRECRUITING 010/12
B. Coast Guard Recruiting Manual, COMDTINST M1100 (Series)
C. Coast Guard Weight and Body Fat Standards Program Manual,
D. Coast Guard Medical Manual, COMDTINST M6000.1(Series)
E. Coast Guard Recruiting Command (CGRC) Standard Operating Procedure
1. Commander, CG Personnel Service Center, has approved the report of
the Officer Candidate School (OCS) Reserve Commission Selection Panel
06-13 that convened IAW reference (a) on 13 May 2013. The panel
recommended the following named individuals as primary and alternate
candidates to receive appointments to Officer Candidate School, class
convening (CLCVN) dates 8 August 2013, and 9 January 2014. Primary
selectees are listed in alphabetical order.
2. Alternates are listed in the order appointments will be offered.
The alternate list remains effective until the Commander, Personnel
Service Center, approves the results of the next OCS Reserve
Commission Selection Panel. Alternates are encouraged to reapply to
maximize their commissioning opportunities.
A. Primary selectees for OCS CLCVN 8 August 2013:
NAME RATE UNIT
Adams, Antoine A. SN TISCOM-HGD
Fox, Andrew L. ME3 CG MFPU KINGS BAY
Higby, Laura H. SN TISCOM-HGD
McCombs, Charron L. OS2 CGC BERTHOLF
B. Primary selectees for OCS CLCVN 9 January 2014:
NAME RATE UNIT
DeSalles, Paul A.
Lippert, Victoria B.
Schwalbenberg, Andrew P.
NAME RATE UNIT
1. Perrygo, Scott
2. Neumann, Lindsey M. OS2 SEC N. CAROLINA
3. Ferraro, Victoria J. SN STA PANAMA CITY
4. Davis, James P. MST3 SEC HOU/GAL
5. Haas, Robert T. SN CGC KICKAPOO
6. Eschler, Carl M. EM3 CGC POLAR STAR
7. Andrew, Shannon L. SN CGC POLAR STAR
8. DeCastra, John D. SN CGC GALLATIN
9. Caraway, Katy C.
10. Ben Jacob, Orly AET3 SEC COL RIVER
11. Pratt, Rodney C.
12. Dillon, Kathleen E. SN D1
13. Rivera, Marvi M. YN2 BASE ALAMEDA
14. Phillips, Ross W. SN TRACEN PETALUMA
15. Strasser, Hillary W.
16. Cole, Oliver O.
17. Bolton, Matthew J.
18. Dunbar, James R.
19. Urrutia, Jacob D. FN CGC VALIANT
20. Stoddard Castro, Christian SN TRACEN CAPE MAY
3. Selectees will receive letters notifying them of their selection
and any pending commissioning requirements. Final appointment to OCS
is contingent upon meeting all commissioning eligibility requirements
and remaining fully qualified IAW references a through e.
4. This announcement is for planning purposes only and is not
authority to issue travel orders. Members with dependents will be
issued TAD orders. Members without dependents will be issued
Temporary Duty under Instruction orders.
5. The selection panel consisted of the following members:
CAPT K. S. Leonard COMMANDANT (CG-131)
CDR B. L. Smith COMMANDANT (CG-131)
LCDR T. W. Wallin CG AIRSTA WASHINGTON
LT L. E. Stafford FORCECOM (BOP)
LT S. A. Richardson COMMANDANT (CG-1B3)
LT B. C. Dixon SEC HAM RD
LT J. C. Avila LANTAREA (3 DET NCC)
LT A. S. Weiss COMMANDANT (CG-12A)
LT S. J. Albert DD BOD-TAB WASHINGTON DC
6. Applicants who were not selected or were selected as alternates
are required to reapply through their ESO if interested in being
considered for any future selection panel.
7. The proceedings of a selection panel, including its deliberations
and criteria for selection, cannot be disclosed to any person who was
not a member of the panel. However, the Panel precept is available at
https://cglink.uscg.mil/81a70b5b. Panel members do have valuable
information that may be shared regarding the general selection
process. Questions may be addressed to LT Manuel G. Maddox, CGRC
Mission Support Branch, at 703-235-1764, or via email at
Manuel.G.Maddox (AT) uscg.mil and will be forwarded to the panel as
8. FY14 OCS class dates and application deadlines will be published
via separate message. The current OCS application checklist and
forms may be obtained at HTTP://WWW.GOCOASTGUARD.COM.
9. Serving as a selection panel member is an excellent professional
development opportunity for officers. Officers interested in serving
as members of an officer selection panel should contact LT Manuel G.
Maddox, CGRC Mission Support Branch, via email at Manuel.G.Maddox
10. CAPT R. A. LaBrec, CG RC, sends.
11. Internet release authorized.